[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Let me entertain you » Новости 2 (Новости о Робе)
Новости 2
PoohДата: Вторник, 13.03.2012, 00:00 | Сообщение # 226
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....do.html
The singer, 38, sported his most unfashionable hairdo to date as he left a Malibu restaurant after lunch yesterday.

His once curly locks had been combed and styled into a side-parting, resembling spoof TV host Alan's legendary barnet.

Robbie also unleashed a huge cheesy Partridge-style grin following his meal at the Taverna Tony Greek.

The star is currently working on his next solo album following his brief reunion with Take That last year.

Bandmate Gary Barlow revealed last October: "Rob's doing a solo record, and from this point it's back to where it was.

"It ended perfectly. And you know what, we can revisit it whenever we want.

"He's our brother, Rob is, and if he's ever in trouble or he wants to have a year off being Robbie Williams, he's welcome any time he wants."

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Вторник, 13.03.2012, 21:21 | Сообщение # 227
Candy)
Администраторы
The singer appeared to be sporting a portly physique and a double-chin as he left a Greek restaurant in Malibu, California, at the weekend.

It followed speculation he's been piling on the pounds since his reunion stint with Take That came to an end last year.

However, Robbie has hit back in emphatic fashion – uploading a topless snap of himself looking toned and trim on his Twitter page.

In a message to the photographers who took the unflattering pic, Robbie wrote: "Thank you for your internationally syndicated horrid picture of me (the one you put up of me leaving Taverna Tony's...)

"Just to 'weigh' it up here's me at home the next day...

"With much love and respect, Robert."

Offending pic ... Robbie Williams
Offending pic ... Robbie Williams
Splash

In the private shot, Robbie had also rectified his Alan Partridge-style hairdo.

Flicking one-finger salutes in an act of defiance, the singer showed off his brushed-up quiff as he stood in his jogging bottoms.

Robbie is currently working on his next solo album following his reunion tour with Take That.

Speaking in October, bandmate Gary Barlow revealed: "Rob's doing a solo record, and from this point it's back to where it was.

"It ended perfectly. And you know what, we can revisit it whenever we want.

"He's our brother, Rob is, and if he's ever in trouble or he wants to have a year off being Robbie Williams, he's welcome any time he wants."
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....ap.html

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Четверг, 22.03.2012, 00:33 | Сообщение # 228
Candy)
Администраторы
Ну эт не новость а статья 1999 года - ну пусть будет)
If the throng of girls I'm scrambling past knew what had just happened, they'd tear me limb from limb--or at least leave me standing in the streets of Dublin in my boxers. Just minutes ago, pop sensation Robbie Williams presented me with a special gift: his pants, simply because the color, bright orange, matched my hair.

Who could blame these lasses if they set upon me violently? They've huddled in the cold drizzle all day, waiting for a glimpse of Williams exiting the hotel. Meanwhile, he's been strutting around in his Calvins solely for my amusement. (If it's any consolation, ladies, I've dreamed of Williams dropping his trousers for longer than I care to admit.) You say you've never heard of this guy? Well, if you're not a big fag, an ardent British-music devotee or a very savvy teenage girl, the oversight is excusable for a few weeks more--until Williams officially launches his assault on America.

In England, Williams has released two number-one albums: the quintuple-platinum Life Through a Lens and last year's follow-up, I've Been Expecting You. (His American debut, The Ego Has Landed, on Capitol Records, culls cuts from both.) His single "Angels" ruled the British Top Ten during the 1997 Christmas season, and MTV Europe crowned him Best Male Performer last year. And that's all since leaving Take That, the celebrated boy band with whom he sold over two million albums and racked up eight number-one hits. His split from the group in 1995 heralded the demise of one of Europe's biggest pop acts.

The extraordinary aspect of his story, however, isn't the dizzying height to which Williams has climbed. What's remarkable is how many times he's fallen on his face, literally and figuratively, along the way. For one thing, before the success of "Angels" resuscitated sales, Life Through a Lens had moved barely 40,000 units. He had released three other singles prior to that, each greeted with an increasingly lackluster reception, and his consumption of drugs, alcohol, and food raged unchecked. In photos, he constantly appeared bloated, overweight, exhausted. The press had a field day at every ugly turn.

COCKY BUT SINCERE

Williams loves his mother; he wrote the tender "One of God's Better People" in her honor. But if Jan Williams ever scolded her son not to play with his food, he's forgotten. Right now, he's flinging pieces of sashimi across the hotel suite into his buddy Jonathan Wilkes' open mouth, like a trainer feeding a seal. An interview with the 25-year-old star resembles nothing so closely as hanging with Winnie-the-Pooh's spastic pal Tigger. The singer pauses to offer me a take-out tin of raw fish, the same one he's been tapping his cigarette ashes into. "Would you like some salmon?" he asks, straight-faced. "It's smoked."

The adrenaline from last night's sold-out gig hasn't subsided. "We did a two-hour show," Williams proclaims. "I didn't want to get offstage." This evening, he'll play even longer, climaxing with unrehearsed encores of the Clash's "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" and Primal Scream's "Rocks," then announce that it's been the best set of his life. Yesterday's show also featured another landmark. "I had my first big strop last night too. Do you know what that means?" he asks. I say no and Williams suddenly screams, "Where's my fucking coat?" as I recoil. He smirks, dusting off his hands. "That's a strop." It seems the prop he'd required for a comedy bit hadn't been ready. "I've never shouted like that before," he says. "I even scared myself. Now that I'm playing in arenas and loads of people like me, I'm going to be mean to them."

Not bloody likely. Though he possesses a vicious wit, Williams is exceptionally good natured. At our first, accidental meeting, he extends his hand and announces, "Hi, I'm Rob," in regular-guy fashion, without any prompting from his handlers. There's an Everyman quality about him. Taxi drivers in Dublin all speak highly of him this weekend. Palpable sincerity underscores Williams' enthusiastic delivery, his cocky disposition offset with exuberance. His hit "Let Me Entertain You" captures this ceaseless need to amuse in a video that showcases him strutting about in Kiss drag. This is exactly the sort of good old-fashioned showbiz pizzazz American rock desperately needs today. "Shoe-gazing and being serious and slashing your wrists is all right," he shrugs, "if you like that sort of stuff."

MAN OR PARTY MACHINE? Williams didn't make the transition from teen idol to credible artist smoothly. Extricating himself from contractual ties to Take That demanded time and money and prohibited him from recording for a year. Although he needed time to regroup, he couldn't stay out of the public eye. "I'd worked nonstop: seven days a week for six years," he says. It seemed only natural to continue the breakneck pace. He filled the void with stints as a TV presenter, talk show guest and general rabble-rouser. "I said, fuck work, I'll move to London and drink a lot," he recalls. He became a fixture on the celebrity party circuit. "In Take That, we weren't allowed to go out to these sort of places," he explains. "And to my expense, a shrinking bank balance and rehab later, I found out why."

It's a tribute to the lad's stamina that he maintained the debauchery as long as he did. In his concerts nowadays, a montage of exploding Jack Daniel's bottles and humiliating tabloid headlines flashes onscreen during "Man Machine," which commemorates his downhill slide. "Waking up at 2 o'clock in the morning and going out to start the night for the next day was normal," Williams says. He'd call a cab, hit the clubs and start shoveling coke up his nose.

Williams' new record company wasn't amused. Overexposure was eroding its acquisition's charisma, and Williams had produced little music. His singing ability wasn't in question--he'd handled lead vocals on two Take That hits--but songwriting wasn't proving so easy. "I knew that I could write poetry," he insists. "But I also knew that I only knew three chords, and the combination of those three chords can't last forever." Unless you're the Ramones. "Or Oasis," he says, appearing momentarily startled by his own tongue; the Gallagher brothers are his friends. "Meow," he muses, pursing his lips. "Put the knife back in the drawer, Ms. Sharp."

Williams was shipped off to Miami to visit a famous song doctor, a maneuver that yielded one modest hit, "Old Before I Die," and a clutch of ditties better suited to the Hooters. The ex�boy wonder was hurtling toward the "Where Are They Now?" file with alarming haste.

THE VIEW FROM THE BOTTOM

It's no coincidence that Williams is kicking off his European tour in Dublin. This is where he had the epiphany that eventually set him back on course. He'd come alone, he says, on a "sad, self-destructive mission" during the 1996 Christmas holidays. "I got off the ferry and didn't even unpack--just went straight to the pub," he says. "Then I wandered about aimlessly, drinking Guinness." Through the haze, the pensive lyrics for "Angels" took shape. By praying to be redeemed by a higher power, Williams discovered the key to rescuing himself. "I got back and the record company went"--he assumes a very stern tone--"'Here's a sheet of people you're going to write with. Pick one!'" Mercifully, his shotgun wedding to Guy Chambers (of World Party) clicked. Their collaborations sparkled with the pop polish of Williams' past, but recast in the indie-rock tradition of Oasis, Blur and Manic Street Preachers.

Still, Williams recorded his first full-length album in a stupor. He checked into rehab before the album hit the shelves, then tackled the promotional trail clean and sober. (These days, the singer isn't teetotal, but keeps his vices in check.) But despite a reputation for loving the underdog, the British public had tired of his antics.

Rejection caught Williams off guard. He'd gone straight from school to Take That's protective cocoon of fame. Sales of his first two singles, though hardly breathtaking, had proved impressive. "Then I released the album and," arcing his hand sharply, he imitates an airplane plummeting to the ground. People who'd once cooed over his every quip wouldn't deign to book him on predawn chat shows.

These days, thanks to the belated triumph of "Angels" and the hits that followed--"Let Me Entertain You," "Millennium" and "No Regrets"--the shoe's back on the other foot. Williams says he learned a lot during his exile in the trenches: "Now when I can't do every interview and people go, 'He used to be ever so nice, give us everything we wanted,' I say, 'If I wasn't so fucking famous and selling lots of singles, you wouldn't touch me with a barge pole.'"

EARNING INDIE CRED

One attribute that's never failed Williams is his refusal to play his cards close to his chest. "I expose all my weaknesses, so nobody's got anything on me," he says. Though he's uttered many unkind remarks about his former band and his ex-manager, Nigel-Martin Smith (inspiration for the blistering song "Karma Killer"), he's rarely recanted.

Currently, the charts are clogged with prefab boy bands--Backstreet Boys, 'N Sync, Boyzone--for which Take That set the standard. Although Williams crosses paths with them occasionally, members rarely approach him. "Only with sexual advances," he jokes. "Originally, as soon as I'd left, they'd ask me for advice." They stopped queuing up when he checked into rehab.

Williams moves in different circles now. He performed alongside Tom Jones at last year's Brit Awards. The Pet Shop Boys' Neil Tennant and the Divine Comedy's Neil Hannon sang on his recent smash "No Regrets," and the latter is serving as this tour's support act. "I have to be drunk just to speak to [Hannon], because I'm so in awe of his talent," Williams says. But the only person who questions Williams' credibility now is himself. Damon Albarn from Blur is his neighbor. When their paths cross, Williams dissolves into a stuttering schoolgirl. "Is this person thinking I'm a dick?" he worries. The paranoia stems partially from respect for Albarn's songwriting, but the main culprit is the specter of Williams' past. "There's still that built-in reaction: 'I'm from a boy band, and you're immensely credible.'" During the making of Life Through a Lens, Guy Chambers had telephoned Sonya Madan of Echobelly and invited her to sing on a track. She laughed and hung up on him. "I'm not a musician," Williams says. The craft of composition often feels foreign. "I don't pretend to be Marilyn Manson or Billy Corgan or Noel Gallagher. I don't have intistic artegrity."

You read that spoonerism right. Williams has dyslexia, which he lampoons frequently. "I'm going to write a song called 'Just Because You're Dyslexic Doesn't Mean You're Not Thick,'" he announces. "So many people go, 'Ooh, can you check the bill out?' or 'Can somebody spell this for me? I'm dyslexic.' And because it's the 90's and everybody's PC, it's accepted."

Political correctness puts Williams' knickers in a knot, primarily because it's ruined his favorite film franchise. "James Bond is shit since political correctness," he laments. On the cover of I've Been Expecting You, Williams strokes a cat, one eyebrow cocked in an homage to the secret agent. "Millennium," his first U.S. single, continues the trend, lifting a riff from "You Only Live Twice" for the hook and showcasing the singer with a gaggle of Bond beauties in the video.

The Bond parallels point toward why this man stands to succeed in America where other U.K. phenomena have fallen short. Like the secret agent at his best, Robbie Williams is quintessentially British in character yet international in appeal. Women want to be loved by him and men would love to be him.

A few would opt for both. While his Take That costumes often resembled International Male castoffs and his turbulent romance with All Saints' Nicole Appleton looks like a classic beard job, Williams is not gay. But he'd be very good at it if he were. By the end of our interview he has: (a) extolled the physical charms of Elvis Presley, short-lived Bond George Lazenby and even Matt LeBlanc of Friends; (b) shouted, "All right, I'm gay!" and "I'd sleep with Tom Jones"; © stripped down to his underwear; and (d) kissed me good-bye.

Not surprisingly, Williams' combustible character has confounded some critics in the build-'em-up, knock-'em-down U.K. media. Much of the praise he receives is backhanded. "They say that I'm 'humbly arrogant,'" he claims. "You know Prince Naseem [Hamed], the boxer? He's never been beaten. He makes predictions about what round he's gonna knock people out in. And he is accused of being ultimately arrogant, because he says, 'I'm the greatest. Nobody's going to beat me.' Sometimes I get accused of the same thing. But if you don't think that you're the greatest at what you do, you're going to get beaten up. If I don't become the very best entertainer, I'm going to fall."

After a decade in training, Robbie Williams is ready to square off with America. But first, he's going to fetch a change of pants.

Makeup by Mary Young/Mandy Coakley; Assistant stylist: Lee Holden

This story was published on Apr. 1, 1999
http://www.papermag.com/arts_an....ams.php

PoohДата: Четверг, 22.03.2012, 21:06 | Сообщение # 229
Candy)
Администраторы
Статья о вечеринке Филипа Грина на которой выступал Роб
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/topshop-tycoon-philip-green-spends-765243

PoohДата: Пятница, 23.03.2012, 11:36 | Сообщение # 230
Candy)
Администраторы
Робби не курит уже 10 дней
The Take That singer has been puffing 40 fags a day for years but is now having a serious crack at giving up.

A source says: "So far he hasn't smoked in ten days. He wants to start a family with Ayda Field soon, so it's a good move.

"He's also in training for the Unicef Soccer Aid match at Old Trafford in May, so he'll need to be fit."

After George Osborne raised the price of cigs, he'll save an extra 74p a day too.

Not that Robbie's skint.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....gs.html

PoohДата: Понедельник, 26.03.2012, 13:49 | Сообщение # 231
Candy)
Администраторы
Робби собирается покупать дом Майкла Джексона?
Robbie Williams has been named as a potential buyer for the house where Michael Jackson died.

The 'Bodies' singer was spotted entering the property in his Range Rover on Thursday (March 22), reports TMZ.

The Holmby Hills estate in Los Angeles is listed at $23.9 million. Jackson was renting the house from Ed Hardy CFO Hubert Guez at the time of his death in 2009.

The property is 17,000 square feet, containing seven bedrooms and 13 bathrooms.

Robbie Williams currently owns a Beverly Hills property, which he paid $16 million for back in 2008.

The Take That singer had previously hinted that his track 'Morning Sun' was dedicated to Michael Jackson, but he later revealed that it was actually about himself. He also mentions the late singer briefly in his hit 'Rudebox'.

Williams will front Soccer Aid 2012 when it returns on Sunday, May 27 at Old Trafford, Manchester.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz....twitter

elizabethДата: Понедельник, 26.03.2012, 18:34 | Сообщение # 232
Wonderwall
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Награды: 27
Quote (Pooh)
Робби собирается покупать дом Майкла Джексона?

Только не это( Там плохая аура sad

MaryДата: Понедельник, 26.03.2012, 18:44 | Сообщение # 233
Now I met you where the lights are...
VIP Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 87
Quote (elizabeth)
Только не это( Там плохая аура

Вот-вот, тоже, прочитав новость, об этом сразу же подумала.

I ran a thousand miles to be by your side...

PoohДата: Понедельник, 26.03.2012, 20:38 | Сообщение # 234
Candy)
Администраторы
Да не будет он его покупать))) Он всякого такого со смертью связанного боится

elizabethДата: Понедельник, 26.03.2012, 20:52 | Сообщение # 235
Wonderwall
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Награды: 27
Quote (Pooh)
Да не будет он его покупать))) Он всякого такого со смертью связанного боится

Ну и не надо. У него же шикарный дом в ЛА biggrin

PoohДата: Понедельник, 26.03.2012, 21:29 | Сообщение # 236
Candy)
Администраторы
elizabeth, да это просто журналистам писать не о чем вот и придумывают!

PoohДата: Среда, 28.03.2012, 12:22 | Сообщение # 237
Candy)
Администраторы
Adele has invited Robbie Williams to stay at her haunted mansion.

The 23-year-old 'Someone Like You' singer reportedly believes her 10-bedroom home is Sussex, England, is being staked out by ghosts, and has invited super-natural enthusiast Robbie and his wife Ayda Field to come and experience the spooky goings-on.

A source said: ''Adele's often said she hates staying at home alone in the mansion because she's sure it's haunted and she gets spooked.

''She knows Robbie and Ayda are fascinated by the supernatural and has offered to have them to stay for a haunted weekend any time they like.

''Adele thinks they are both fantastic and would love to spend some time sharing ghost stories and witnessing paranormal activity.''

The Grammy Award-winning star left London and moved to the £7million house a few months ago after undergoing surgery on her vocal chords. It is thought doctors advised her the clean, country air could aid her recovery.

A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''Adele is a London girl through and through, but she's never been particularly into the showbiz circuit so when it was suggested she move out of the city, she agreed immediately.

''The idea is for her to live in the countryside, away from the capital's smog and pollution.''
http://www.contactmusic.com/news....1310664

PoohДата: Четверг, 12.04.2012, 20:34 | Сообщение # 238
Candy)
Администраторы
Старшая дочь Боно вспоминает о Робби biggrin
AS BONO's eldest daughter Eve Hewson might be used to mingling with the world's biggest stars but the budding actress admits she was tongue tied when Robbie Williams came to stay.

The 20-year-old admitted that having the Take That star stay at their Dublin home left her starstruck.

"I remember Robbie Williams coming to stay, because that was a really big deal and I was eight and obsessed with him.

"He was staying in an annexe to the house, called the Folly. I had to tell him that lunch was ready. I was so excited, I ran so fast down the steps that I didn't see him coming. I ran smack into his crotch.

Jewels

"I thought it was so funny, I told everyone for a year that I ran into Robbie Williams' family jewels," said the Killiney native.

Despite having U2's frontman and multi-millionaire for a father, the 20-year-old explained that she and her siblings were never spoiled growing up.

"I had a really solid upbringing. My childhood friends were nuts. We ran around in costumes making crazy home videos. We lived a fairytale.

"Sometimes parents can be too supportive and convince a child they're the next big thing. That can screw with a person's head, because they'll think that everything is going to work out for them -- and it won't. Mine have given me a sense of reality, thank God."

Eve, who lives in New York, has also rubbished rumours that she and boyfriend, One Tree Hill star James Lafferty, have had a tumultuous relationship.

- LAURA BUTLER
http://www.herald.ie/enterta....42.html

PoohДата: Пятница, 27.04.2012, 11:19 | Сообщение # 239
Candy)
Администраторы
14 мая выходит благотворительный ДВД с видео выступлениями разных исполнителей - среди которых Робби и ТАКЕ ТНАТ)

The Iconic Live Moments DVD is released on May 14 and marks the start of Music is GREAT Week.

Jude Bridge of Save the Children said: "We are very proud to be partnering with Music is GREAT. For each copy sold, Save the Children will receive all net profits. That money will go towards funding our vital work both in the UK and internationally.

I would encourage all music fans to buy this fantastic album which will help save children's lives and give them a chance to fulfil their potential."

Jessie J added of the Music is GREAT campaign: "I'm so proud of being British, my accent says it all.

"I think it's very important to be proud of where you're from, and I don't think anywhere is like the UK. I think music is a perfect way to celebrate and we make it very well."

The DVD will be available digitally and physically from HMV on May

The full running order of the DVD is as follows.

1. David Bowie - 'Ziggy Stardust' live at Hammersmith Odeon, 1973
2. The Who - 'Won't Get Fooled Again' live at Shepperton Studios, 1978
3. Queen - 'Radio Gaga' live at Wembley Stadium, 1986
4. Orbital - 'Chime' live at Glastonbury Festival, 1994
5. Pulp - 'Common People' live at Glastonbury Festival, 1995
6. Spice Girls - 'Wannabe'/'Who Do You Think You Are?' live at BRIT Awards, 1997
7. Radiohead - 'Karma Police' live at Glastonbury Festival, 1997
8. Robbie Williams - 'Let Me Entertain You' live at Knebworth, 2003
9. Muse - 'Knights Of Cydonia' live at Wembley Stadium, 2007
10. George Michael - 'Faith' live at Earls Court, 2008
11. Blur - 'Tender' live at Glastonbury Festival, 2009
12. Adele - 'Someone Like You' live at BRIT Awards, 2011
13. Coldplay - 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' live at Glastonbury Festival, 2011
14. Take That - 'The Flood' live at City of Manchester Stadium, 2011
Bonus track: Amy Winehouse 'Back to Black' live at iTunes Festival, 2007 (available on iTunes download only)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music....vd.html

PoohДата: Четверг, 03.05.2012, 16:38 | Сообщение # 240
Candy)
Администраторы
01 David Bowie / Ziggy Stardust Hammersmith Odeon, 1973

02 The Who / Won’t Get Fooled Again Shepperton Studios, 1978

03 Queen / Radio Gaga Wembley Stadium, 1986

04 Orbital / Chime Glastonbury Festival, 1994

05 Pulp / Common People Glastonbury Festival, 1995

06 Spice Girls / Wannabe/Who Do You Think You Are? BRIT Awards, 1997

07 Radiohead / Karma Police Glastonbury Festival, 1997

08 Robbie Williams / Let Me Entertain You Knebworth, 2003

09 Muse / Knights Of Cydonia Wembley Stadium, 2007

10 George Michael / Faith Earls Court, 2008

11 Blur / Tender Glastonbury Festival , 2009

12 Adele / Someone Like You BRIT Awards, 2011

13 Coldplay / Every Tear Is A Waterfall Glastonbury Festival, 2011

14 Take That / The Flood City of Manchester Stadium, 2011

If we can overlook the inclusion of the Spice Girls at the Brit awards (a great showbusiness moment, but barely live), it’s actually a pretty good line up. But is it the best of British?

The Beatles are probably a fair exclusion, because their great live shows took place off camera before they got hemmed in by hysteria. But no Rolling Stones, a band who completely redefined live rock music? Or Cream for the volatile combination of blues and jazz?

The inclusion of the great artists of the Sixties may be hampered by the limitations of amplification technology and the paucity of good filmed recordings, but the explosion of British rock as a global all conquering force in the seventies still resonates today. It is represented on the disk by Bowie, The Who and Queen but surely Led Zeppelin were the definitive live rock band of the era, and possibly of all time.

Pink Floyd took the live experience to a different plane, first with their mind bending psychedelia and latterly with the stagecraft of The Wall. And then there are the claims of great live bands like Deep Purple, Genesis, Traffic and Free, or the spiritually uplifting drama of Van Morrison in full flight.

As a teenager of the 70s, my formative live experiences took place in the punk explosion, and gigs by The Jam and The Clash still resonate in my memory, exuding a kind of high energy, low maintenance, visceral intensity that, for me, still beats lasers and singalongs every time. Elvis Costello and Ian Dury and all those Stiff eccentrics burned a hole in my heart and brain.

In the 80s, Echo And The Bunnymen and The Smiths took me to special places, for others it was The Specials and New Order. But the Eighties is not well served by the DVD selection, and maybe that is a fair reflection of a period when music divided between synth pop and air blown stadium rock (though a latterday George Michael gets a look in).

I notice, with satisfaction, that the compliers haven’t made the Olympic scale mistake of including Duran Duran. The Britpop boom of the 90s is well represented by Pulp, Blur and Radiohead, yet it was the Stone Roses at Spike Island who effectively inspired a generation, and the singalong experience of massive Oasis concerts that defined it.

Orbital get the techno nod over The Prodigy but that fact that electro is under-represented is no surprise. Those gigs can be euphoric experiences but somehow the organic possibilities of musicians actually playing their instruments live on stage defeats pre-programmed beats every time.

With a nod to the power of pop, Robbie Williams gets two bites of the cherry, solo and with Take That. They are great crowd pleasers but I’d like to drop Primal Scream or Black Sabbath on that adoring audience and see what happened.

The 21st century are represented by a show-stopping TV moment from Adele, and the stadium rock of Muse and Coldplay. I have seen outstanding live gigs from them all. But my own heart has been squeezed tighter by such small things as a breath taking performance in a Soho alley from a 17-year-old Laura Marling.

But then, live is really a personal experience that videos and recordings can’t actually capture, but only remind you of. It's in the word “live” itself: you have to be there.

Music Is Great Britain will be available on May 14th from HMV, Amazon and iTunes. All profits go to Save The Children.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture....ic.html

PoohДата: Пятница, 04.05.2012, 18:11 | Сообщение # 241
Candy)
Администраторы
SINGER Robbie Williams has paid £30,000 to secretive Islington graffiti artist Bambi for a stencil drawing of a smiling baby.

The Take That singer is thought to have bought the work to celebrate the fact that his wife, Ayda Field, is due to give birth in September.

Speaking over the phone, Bambi – whose work has been compared to graffiti street artist Banksy – said she was delighted that Robbie was a fan of her art. “I haven’t spoken to him but I understand he loved the picture,” she said.

Robbie is said to have discovered Bambi after another band member, Mark Owen, paid £20,000 for one of her pictures at a celebrity auction for environmental charity Tusk. Bought for his 40th birthday in January this year, it featured an elderly lady with the words “Make Tea Not War”.

Barnsbury art framer Lenny Villa, who handles Bambi’s work at his shop in Caledonian Road, said that negotiations for the painting were done by the singer’s agent.

“I understand Robbie will be taking the picture back to his home in America,” he added.

Born in Liverpool Road at Angel and brought up in Hoxton, Bambi trained at St Martin’s School of Art and now lives in a flat in central Islington.

http://www.islingtontribune.com/news....-pounds

HowittaДата: Суббота, 05.05.2012, 13:52 | Сообщение # 242
Ховаманка
Администраторы
Награды: 46
Робби споет на свадьбе своего отца.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....ng.html

PoohДата: Четверг, 10.05.2012, 22:50 | Сообщение # 243
Candy)
Администраторы
The Sun подвели итоги голосования за самого сексуального мужчину.
Робби на 18 месте, Гари на 22, Марк на 31, Джейсон на 34, Ховард на 49
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....am.html

PoohДата: Понедельник, 14.05.2012, 23:06 | Сообщение # 244
Candy)
Администраторы
Даже в такой новости упомянули Роба и ТТ surprised
Freddie Mercury to return in hologram form? Strange, given that Roger Taylor was widely reported as saying back in the Spring that he had no interest in appearing alongside a hologram of his great friend, but it seems that the surviving members of Queen are nevertheless pressing ahead with plans to have the legendary front man appear with them to celebrate the 10th anniversary of their musical 'We Will Rock You.' The decision appears to be being led by big-haired entrepreneur and sometime smoking riff conjuror Brian May who has been chatting to BBC News at length about plans to bring back Freddy in a manner similar to Tupac Shakur's emergence on the stage at Coachella last month alongside Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg.

May did confess however that he was a little annoyed at having been beaten to the virtual punch by the rapper, saying "It's a little unfortunate they did that thing with Tupac as we've been trying to make Freddie appear on the stage for quite a while," and adding "[That technique] is something we've looked at ourselves but I think probably for a show that runs eight shows a week it's not really quite practical."

Of course we'd like to point that Take That beat them both to the punch by having a hologram Robbie Williams perform as part of 'Could It Be Magic' back on their 2006 tour. And he wasn't even dead! Now that is decadence.
http://www.contactmusic.com/news....1328179

SwanheartДата: Суббота, 19.05.2012, 19:15 | Сообщение # 245
Rule the world
Награды: 149
Поговаривают, что Роба пригласили в качестве судьи на Икс-фактор, так как продюсеры так и не смогли подобрать четвертого судью, а ведь прослушивание вот-вот начнутся.
http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz....r-judge
Robbie Williams is being lined up as a guest judge on 'The X Factor'.

The Take That singer is wanted to join his bandmate Gary Barlow and fellow panellists Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh on the ITV1 show as a temporary replacement for axed judge Kelly Rowland ahead of the first auditions in Liverpool on Wednesday (23.05.12).

A show insider said: ''There is always a buzz in the air when Robbie and Gary get together. This could save us.

''Obviously we love Gary, Tulisa and Louis but we wanted to kick off next week with a bang and get everyone talking.''

The move comes after Dannii Minogue snubbed a £1 million offer to return to the panel, and producers are now hoping Robbie will be able to bring some ''excitement'' to the programme to give show boss Simon Cowell a bit more time to recruit a permanent panellist.

The insider added to the Daily Star newspaper: ''Having Dannii back would have been huge.

''But that's fallen through so hopefully Robbie will join us and create the excitement we need to launch the series.''

Meanwhile, music legend Rod Stewart, 67, has also been tipped to join the panel as a guest judge for two shows, starting in London next month.

A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''Rod is a genuine living legend and exactly what the show needs.

''The details are still to be ironed out but it looks like he'll be at the auditions next month in London and possibly Glasgow because of his Scottish heritage.

''He's sold more than 100 million records worldwide so he knows exactly what it takes to succeed in the tough world of showbusiness, and hopefully he'll also be a big draw for viewers who might not have been fans of 'The X Factor' before.

''It's a big coup to get him involved and Simon Cowell is absolutely thrilled.''

Heart of glass, Blondie sings in her ear, You're a rock queen, honey and we all hear you (с)

SwanheartДата: Воскресенье, 20.05.2012, 17:37 | Сообщение # 246
Rule the world
Награды: 149
http://www.mtv.co.uk/news....illiams
Gary Barlow has compared Prince Harry to Robbie Williams, saying he is the "star of the royal family".

Speaking to The Sun, the Take That songwriter explained that spending time with Harry had reminded him of the boy band's glory days.

He said: "It was like the first incarnation of Take That. They were running down the streets after his car - they weren't interested in me, not a soul was interested in me.

"Harry is the star of the royal family, he is the Robbie of the royal family."

And in a different interview Gary explained how he had roped Hazza in to play on the official Diamond Jubilee single he has written with Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber.

He told Magic FM: "I said, 'So you know I'm going to see you tonight? I'm going to bring a tambourine with me. I hope you're up for it?' And he said, 'It's going to cost you!'

"So I turned up with this little tambourine in my pocket, got him to play it and spun him into the track. I think it's wonderful."

Heart of glass, Blondie sings in her ear, You're a rock queen, honey and we all hear you (с)

PoohДата: Понедельник, 21.05.2012, 15:17 | Сообщение # 247
Candy)
Администраторы
Ещё насчёт Робби на Х-факторе 2012
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....es.html

PoohДата: Вторник, 22.05.2012, 21:29 | Сообщение # 248
Candy)
Администраторы
Ходят слухи что в конце года Робби устроит концерт в Лондонском О2 Арена в поддержку нового альбома!
Ждём официальных новостей!

Better_ManДата: Вторник, 22.05.2012, 21:49 | Сообщение # 249
Админ RW-FS Russia
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Награды: 47
Слухов становится все больше и мне они дико нравятся =))

PoohДата: Вторник, 22.05.2012, 22:34 | Сообщение # 250
Candy)
Администраторы
Better_Man, да слух собственно один и тот же - просто уже его высказывают более достоверные источники что тоже радует biggrin

Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Let me entertain you » Новости 2 (Новости о Робе)
Поиск: