[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Let me entertain you » Новости 2 (Новости о Робе)
Новости 2
KaTTaloniaДата: Среда, 24.08.2011, 15:41 | Сообщение # 151
Karma Killer
VIP Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 20
Sebastian, закажи закажи,очень уж интересно что там))

if loving you is wrong i don`t wanna be right

PoohДата: Среда, 24.08.2011, 15:43 | Сообщение # 152
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
KaTTalonia, ну точно нового ничего happy

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

SebastianДата: Среда, 24.08.2011, 15:44 | Сообщение # 153
SuperTTman
Житель Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 79
KaTTalonia, мне тоже интересно, что они там понапишут )))
сегодня наверное вечером закажу ))) надеюсь, книжку пришлю до поездки в Питер

PoohДата: Среда, 24.08.2011, 15:48 | Сообщение # 154
Candy)
Администраторы
Кстати автор книги уже писал книгу о Робби http://www.amazon.co.uk/Robbie-....&sr=1-2

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

Better_ManДата: Среда, 24.08.2011, 16:11 | Сообщение # 155
Админ RW-FS Russia
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Награды: 47
и другую
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Robbie-....p_dpt_3

Откровенно говоря, мне не понравилась статья от Скотта на Daily Mail. Если в таком духе и книга, то до свидания.

PoohДата: Среда, 24.08.2011, 16:14 | Сообщение # 156
Candy)
Администраторы
Quote (Better_Man)
Откровенно говоря, мне не понравилась статья от Скотта на Daily Mail. Если в таком духе и книга, то до свидания.

Мне кстати тоже - я только половину осилила dry
Я даже ссылку не выкладывала на это -ну вот
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail....newsxml

PoohДата: Среда, 24.08.2011, 22:16 | Сообщение # 157
Candy)
Администраторы
Robbie Williams has a guilty secret. Having entered a Hollywood bingo competition not too long ago, Stoke-on-Trent’s most famous celebrity found himself winning a leopard-skin handbag, and ended the night by donating a great deal of money to Breast Cancer Research.

Now often playing bingo to raise money for a variety of good causes, it's rumoured that – along with many bingo fans – the Rock DJ singer favours 90-ball bingo.

In fact, earlier this year Robbie posted an image on his blog of fellow Take Thatter Gary Barlow calling bingo at someone’s house. Is it possible that the Take That boys aren’t half as rock ’n’ roll as they used to be? Are they playing bingo on the tour bus rather than having parties?
http://www.heatworld.com/Celeb-N....r-bingo

PoohДата: Среда, 24.08.2011, 23:36 | Сообщение # 158
Candy)
Администраторы
Энн Хэтэуэй впервые послушала Ангелов biggrin
The star revealed that she enjoyed getting to know more about British music while shooting the movie – which features a very British soundtrack – and says that she has become a fan of Robbie Williams’ smash hit ‘Angels’.

“I mainly knew Robbie Williams because of his episode of MTV show 'Cribs',” she says.

“I was the only one who hadn’t heard Angels so it sounded new to me every time.”
http://starlounge.ie.msn.com/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=158952241

SebastianДата: Среда, 24.08.2011, 23:38 | Сообщение # 159
SuperTTman
Житель Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 79
Энн меня удивила ))) Но, радует, что такой замечательный человек как Энн начала увлекаться творчеством Роба )))

PoohДата: Среда, 24.08.2011, 23:49 | Сообщение # 160
Candy)
Администраторы
Sebastian, она не начала увлекатся - просто песня понравилась! А кому ж Ангелы могут не понравится? biggrin Но Энн молодчинка wink

PoohДата: Пятница, 26.08.2011, 23:04 | Сообщение # 161
Candy)
Администраторы
Из интервью с Тимом Кларком
At his peak, Robbie Williams was literally the biggest act in the world.

Well, I think he still is. The phenomenal Take That tour has showed just how popular not only Take That were, but Rob as an artist went down astoundingly well on all the dates. He is a huge star and he’s an ultimate gent. He’s a really thoughtful, considerate nice guy. And he’s pretty shrewd. [Take That’s 29- date mid-year U.K. tour grossed U.S $185,175,360 and sold 1,806,473 tickets].

You orchestrated the enormous Robbie Williams integrated deal with EMI back in 2002.

It was the first of its kind, certainly for its scale. How did you set about creating it? We knew that to most effectively promote a major artist we had to be in a position to look at all the potential streams of revenue in a really cohesive way. It meant that we wanted to be able to take decisions about recorded music and ticketing and live, and all the rest of it. This was really coming into the age of being able to bundle things. We recognised that if the record company felt they had ownership of an artist, that was going to be almost impossible to achieve. So the real emphasis on all of this was to strike a partnership deal with a record company, and to have the record company have an interest in all of the other revenue streams so they could work with us in exploiting all of those rights in a complementary fashion.

Robbie Williams is out of contract now. Having learned all the lessons we learned the first time around, we are now putting together a more sophisticated version of that deal we struck with EMI.

Word Magazine has an illustration of former EMI chairman Guy Hands about to detonate the “EMI” building with Robbie cowering behind it. The headline is “The man who broke the record industry.” Is he the guy who broke who the record industry?

No, he didn’t. Digital technology is what has changed our industry and is changing the economic model of our industry. And we have to get to grips with it. The major record companies have singularly failed in that respect. But it shouldn’t cause any wonder. In any revolution, it’s the big corporations that are the slowest to change. There are many exciting things happening because of digital technology. The only two things that matter to this industry are the artists and the fans. Everything in the middle actually has to justify their roles. Major record companies are probably the ones who need to change most.

Does Robbie always listen to your advice?

Of course. He doesn’t always take it, but we wouldn’t expect him to.

Tim Clark will be a guest speaker at the September 7-9 BigSound summit.
http://www.themusicnetwork.com/music-f....m-clark

PoohДата: Четверг, 08.09.2011, 16:01 | Сообщение # 162
Candy)
Администраторы
A PLYMOUTH tattooist has described the highlight of his career after he received a personal telephone call from British pop sensation Robbie Williams.

Leigh Cooper, proprietor of Quee Queg in North Hill, said Robbie contacted him through his bodyguard who happened to be best friends with Leigh at the time.

CALL TO ARMS: Left, Tattoo artist Leigh Cooper works to complete a coat of arms design on Robbie Williams' forearm after being called by the star. Above, with the singer at his London flat

Leigh said: "One of my best mates was his bodyguard and after seeing his tattoos, which I had done, asked him who had done them.

"My mate rang me and said 'I've got someone who wants to speak to you'. When Robbie came on the phone I swore at him because I didn't really believe it.

"But I realised it was Robbie and he asked me: 'Do you fancy coming up to tattoo me one day?'.

"I panicked a little bit but said 'yeah', jumped at the chance and it went from there," said Leigh, aged 42, of Efford.

Communicating by email, Robbie, who has sold more than 57 million albums worldwide, and Leigh discussed the design – the coat of arms of the town of Burslem, one of the towns of Stoke on Trent where Robbie and his family lived after he was born.

A week later, Leigh, who has been a tattooist for 14 years, was collected by car and driven to Robbie's multi-million pound flat in Chelsea Harbour where the agreed design was tattooed on Robbie's left forearm.

"I was nervous on the way there and when we arrived we had to wait for him to get out of bed, shower and have something to eat. I set up all my stuff and it took about an hour and a half to do.

"Robbie yapped a bit. He was asking me about my family and saying he wished he had a family," added Leigh.

"It was definitely the highlight of my career, but I haven't done David Beckham yet!"

Leigh has chosen to speak now, around two years after the event, after a verbal confidentiality agreement with Robbie.

Robbie Williams rose to fame in Take That's first run in the early 1990s. After many disagreements with the management and certain group members, Williams left the band in 1995 to launch his solo career and is the best-selling British solo artist in the United Kingdom.

On July 15, 2010, it was announced he had rejoined Take That.
http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Leigh-m....ry.html

PoohДата: Пятница, 09.09.2011, 17:55 | Сообщение # 163
Candy)
Администраторы
Помните про выходящую скоро книгу о Гари и Робби - вот тут можно выиграть один из 5 экземпляров! Просто надо иметь твиттер и нажать на Click here to enter the competition via Twitter. wink
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz....ip.html

PoohДата: Среда, 14.09.2011, 23:55 | Сообщение # 164
Candy)
Администраторы
Gary Barlow is revelling in his new-found elevation to the status of unlikely sex symbol.

Online message boards and Twitter have been awash recently with posts from female fans drooling over the new X Factor judge. They have sprung up alongside a Facebook page titled, a tad optimistically: "I want to marry Gary Barlow... and always have done."

Even the avowedly heterosexual Essex boy and former X Factor runner-up Olly Murs has been breathlessly comparing the 40-year-old Barlow to none other than George Clooney. All of which is rather good for Barlow's ego, even if his first appearance on the show as a replacement for Simon Cowell may have divided the opinion of viewers over his suspect put-downs (Barlow told one returning hopeful that he'd "matured like a bad curry").

It is fair to say he is at least looking good.

Article continues below

Meanwhile, he and his Take That bandmate Robbie Williams, with whom Barlow is fiercely competitive, placed a substantial bet over who could lose the most weight in preparation for the group's record-breaking reunion tour across Europe this summer (in the end, it was a draw).

All in all, despite the brickbats over X Factor debut, Barlow — still tanned from a family holiday on a yacht in St Tropez with his wife Dawn, 38, and three children, Dan, 11, Emily, nine, and two-year-old Daisy — is feeling distinctly chipper.

A large part of which, one suspects, is down to the £35 million (Dh208 million) that he and his four Take That cohorts will share out following the end of their tour last month.

Not that the careful Barlow is one to splash the cash needlessly. He still counts his Air Miles and hires a run-around car rather than keep one at his second home on the French Riviera, which he only bought after establishing he could fly down using a budget airline.

For despite his success and vast wealth, which is now nudging £50 million, and a rumoured £1.5 million contract for his new role on the reality show, Barlow is painfully aware how quickly fame's golden ticket can be ripped out of one's hands.

"That's the reason he eventually agreed to do X Factor," says a long-time friend. "As well as genuinely wanting to nurture new talent, he also wants to prepare the contestants for the darker side of the business."

It is a subject with which Barlow is only too familiar. For it is only a few short years ago that he stood in front of the mirror at his then palatial Cheshire home and looked failure full in the face.

Matters weren't helped by the fact that along with the three or four packs of cigarettes he was getting through a day, he was also smoking up to 15 cannabis joints.

By early 2001, the much-vaunted solo career that Barlow embarked on when Take That had split up five years earlier was officially dead.

Disastrous

A critically-panned first album, Open Road, had been followed by another, the disastrous Twelve Months, Eleven Days, which barely scraped into the Top 30.

Much worse was the fact that Barlow's nemesis and former Take That bandmate Williams, whose own solo career had soared in the meantime with hits like Angels and Let Me Entertain You, could not resist kicking him while he was down.

In 2001, Barlow fled to Los Angeles for several months with his dancer wife Dawn and began writing songs for other performers, including Donny Osmond, Welsh singer Charlotte Church and girl band Atomic Kitten. He vowed he would never perform again, but in November 2005, Barlow and former bandmates Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald announced they were reforming Take That.

Sell-out tours followed, together with hit albums Beautiful World and The Circus, which won Barlow back his crown as Britain's most successful songwriter.

The scene was set for an unlikely and historic reunion with his old enemy Williams. The Angels singer finally agreed to rejoin Take That in August last year, 15 years after being the first to walk out on the band.

The group's album with Williams, Progress, has gone on to become one of the biggest-selling of the century — and Take That's stadium tour of Britain and Europe this summer sold 1.4 million tickets in the first 24 hours after going on sale.

For his part, Williams is expected to join Barlow as a mentor in the coming weeks when The X Factor reaches its Boot Camp stage. But behind the apparently genuine public smiles of Barlow and Williams' rapprochement, there are signs that the tensions that once tore them apart so publicly are re-emerging.

It has led to a series of falling outs between Barlow, Owen, Orange and Donald on one side, and Williams on the other.

During their recording-breaking and money-spinning reunion tour, Barlow and the others were privately furious with Williams' lewd and erratic onstage behaviour.

At odds

They were angry that, despite several warnings to Williams that he was upsetting parents who had brought their young children to the shows, he insisted night after night on turning the air blue with a stream of four-letter words.

His loutish behaviour led to some families walking out in disgust.

Indeed, on one occasion at the end of June he "accidentally" exposed himself to the 82,000-strong audience at Dublin's Croke Park.

He also drew the ire of Barlow and the others when he publicly used the foulest of swear-words to describe journalists who wrongly suggested the teetotal Williams had been nursing a hangover when he pulled out of a show in Copenhagen in July suffering from food poisoning.

That outburst led even Barlow's normally mild-mannered mother to upbraid Williams privately.

Certainly, the tensions between Williams and the others have been steadily growing since they announced a year ago he was rejoining the band.

While publicly the reformed group has presented a picture of backslapping bonhomie, behind the scenes the animosity between Williams and the others has not been far from the surface.

Just after he rejoined, eyebrows were raised among their friends when Gary, Mark, Jason and Howard did not attend Robbie's wedding to American actress Ayda Field in California.

Tensions finally exploded when the group headlined The Brits in February this year, with Williams having a blazing backstage row with the others — which was heard by members of their entourage.

In subsequent days, each would stick to the agreed line that the bust-up had erupted so suddenly they couldn't remember what sparked it. What was undeniable, however, was that they were all shaken by how quickly they'd been at each other's throats.

It was a worrying return to the bickering that led Williams to walk out of Take That in the first place and launch a series of public attacks on former friends — and particularly Barlow, whose position as top dog Williams so coveted.

And certainly, the falling out at the awards ceremony was a world away from the genuine euphoria of Barlow and Williams' unlikely reconciliation three years previously that had brought to an end the years of mutual back-biting.

The pair had finally patched up their differences at an emotional meeting in Williams' Beverly Hills home, where he and Barlow spontaneously flung their arms around each other and seconds later were laughing and rolling around on the floor in a "man-hug".

No wonder the other three band members were soon ribbing them mercilessly about their fast-developing "bromance".

Even so, the truce between Williams and the other four members of the band remains fragile. And despite the success of their recent tour, Williams has still not officially committed to appearing on stage with Take That in the future.

In fact, he has hinted he plans to return to his once stellar solo career and tour by himself next year.
http://gulfnews.com/arts-en.....865962

MySДата: Пятница, 23.09.2011, 10:59 | Сообщение # 165
Rule the world
VIP Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 51
Известный ресторан Nimb Bar'n'Grill расположенный Tivoli Gardens/Copenaghen был оштрафован полицией после проверок на кухне в результате чего выяснилось что продукты в основном рыба и лобстеры хранятся в ненадлежащей тампературе намного выше чем положено.

The famous and luxurious restaurant Nimb Bar'n'Grill located in Tivoli Gardens/Copenaghen has been fined by the police after a check in the kitchen. raw fish and lobsters were kept at temperatures too high with the risk of serious food poisoning of customers.
This summer at the same restaurant Robbie Williams and Ayda have eaten bad food, (lobster) and Take That have been forced to cancel their concert in the city because of his illness!
http://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/lederen/article1624334.ece

PoohДата: Пятница, 23.09.2011, 11:16 | Сообщение # 166
Candy)
Администраторы
Бедный Бобби dry

снежинкаДата: Пятница, 23.09.2011, 16:09 | Сообщение # 167
Rule the world
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Награды: 65
Вот вам и известный ресторан.Да,не повезло Робби sad

PoohДата: Вторник, 27.09.2011, 11:44 | Сообщение # 168
Candy)
Администраторы
ROBBIE Williams has got a man-crush on The Only Way Is Essex stud Mark Wright.

The Take That legend wants the reality TV hunk to start wearing his new clothing range.

To be honest, we’re surprised Robbie has even heard of the Essex player, 25.

But Rob, 37, who has just launched his menswear label Farrell (named after his grandad Jack Farrell), said: “Mark’s a very handsome man. I’d like to see him in one of my cardigans. He can get one for free if he likes.”

We bet that’s music to Mr Essex’s ears.

Robbie also admitted he’d turn his talents to modelling and would strut down a catwalk in his own designs.

Trousers

He added: “Yeah I’d consider catwalk shows but my weight goes up and down and I would have to feel confident about myself.

“This week I would but maybe next week I wouldn’t. That’s me and sugar.”

Talking about his world- famous bandmates, he said: “Those Take That boys dress well.

“The best-dressed member is Mark Owen but he has a habit of wearing these trousers that I just don’t get. He’s the most fashion-conscious.

“He takes his time but Gaz, Jason and Howard are not bothered.

“Howard looks good in anything, though. He looks good in knitwear. He is sample size ready.

“I like everything Jay Z wears too. He dresses very well, he stands out.”

We hope Robbie ploughed through a stack of Playboy mags, while playing on his Xbox chugging a six-pack after this interview.

Please don’t turn all girly on us Rob!
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlis....-Wright

PoohДата: Четверг, 29.09.2011, 11:43 | Сообщение # 169
Candy)
Администраторы
ROBBIE Williams wants an elite sportsman to model his clothing line – darts king Phil Taylor.

Phil, nicknamed The Power, is top choice, alongside actors Brad Pitt and Gary Oldman.

The singer showcased some of his Farrell collection to former T4 presenter Rick Edwards during a brief chat to plug the gear.

During the webchat Robbie revealed Mark Owen was the best-dressed member of Take That because the rest of the lads "aren't bothered" about how they look.

Not sure Gary Barlow would agree – why else would he eat just lettuce before the Progress tour?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....ed.html

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 02.10.2011, 22:09 | Сообщение # 170
Candy)
Администраторы
SINGER Robbie Williams admits he is “proud” serial killer Rose West likes to sing along to Take That songs in a bizarre confession.

The 37-year-old star discovered West, who was jailed for life for the torture and murder of at least 10 girls in 1995, sings along to the band’s hit songs in Low Newton Jail, Durham.

Recalling the moment he found out about his prison admirer, he said: “You know who else is a Take That fan? Rose West. Someone sent me a link.

“Rose West sits in jail humming along to Take That songs. I don’t know which ones but it makes me feel proud.”

Robbie, who recently returned to the band after going solo 15 years ago, appears to have overcome the demons which had tormented him over the years, including drug problems. He credits much of his contentment to his wife Ayda Field, who he married last year. “Things feel very complete,” he said.

“I didn’t want a relationship till now. I’m older, more mature and kids will come.”

Rose West sits in jail humming along to Take That songs. I don’t know which ones but it makes me feel proud

Robbie, who has launched a clothing range, revealed he would like to name any future children Woody and Sonny.
http://www.express.co.uk/posts....t-songs

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 02.10.2011, 23:16 | Сообщение # 171
Candy)
Администраторы
So who is the real Robbie Williams?
Polly Vernon
October 1 2011 12:01AM

He is married, sober, designing men’s clothes and planning a family. He’s also a depressive pop star who believes in aliens and wants plastic surgery on his abs

Robbie Williams lives in a big (but not huge), luxe (but not decadent) gleaming white house built within the security-guarded confines of a gated community off Mulholland Drive, Los Angeles. It’s got wet rooms and walk-in wardrobes, the largest of which has been annexed by Williams: “The missus [32-year-old American actress Ayda Field, Williams’s wife since August 2010] very kindly gave me the bigger one.” It’s got room-to-room intercoms which constantly buzz (“What’s going on with the wi-fi?”; “Ayda’s not here, babe”), and it’s got a lot of staff. It’s got balustrades and it’s got dogs (of which Robbie Williams has nine). It’s got views of blue skies and high-drama canyons, and of Robbie Williams’s other house, which looks like a smaller version of this one, and which stands a little further up his personal Beverly Hill, just next to his private football pitch.
“Look! Down there!” he says. We’re standing, Rob and I (I’ve been told to call him Rob, not Robbie), on the balcony outside his bedroom; he points down the garden, past the tree into which a couple of handymen are hoisting a chandelier, to a plot of land beyond. This is where he intends to build a third house. “I’m going to put my art in it,” he says. Not his art collection – his own self-produced art, examples of which are strewn all over house No 1, hanging on walls and leaning up against skirting boards, punctuated by the occasional Banksy print. Banksy is Williams’s inspiration. Well, sort of: “I watched Exit through the Gift Shop and thought, ‘I can do that,’ ” he says.
Robbie Williams is as entitled and arrogant, and also riddled with self-doubt, as any human you’re ever likely to meet. “I was going through my I Don’t Want To Be A Pop Star Any More phase. I think that’s a phase everybody goes through. Chris Lowe from the Pet Shop Boys told me he did the same thing.” The I Don’t Want To Be A Pop Star Any More phase kicked in two years ago, and it begat the Artist phase – “I bought a load of canvases and a load of paint and I stayed in the garage until something looked half decent” – but then, Robbie Williams decided that he did still want to be a pop star after all, and in July 2010, he rejoined Take That, the boy band that had made him amazingly, confusingly and conflictingly famous in the first place.
The fluctuating fortunes of Robbie Williams are well documented. He’s 37 years old, and he’s been famous for nearly two decades. In the early Nineties, Williams became famous as the youngest and most wayward member of Take That, the band he joined following an open audition when he was a 16-year-old schoolboy from Stoke-on-Trent. Then, in 1995, he became famous as the one who walked out of the band while it was at its height of teenage girl mania-inducing, million-pound-spinning success.
In the late Nineties, Williams became famous as an extremely successful solo artist, whose defining anthem Angels is one of the most played songs at funerals across the land, and whose private life generated at least as much press as his singing career. Through much of the 2000s, he was famous as an LA-dwelling Howard Hughes-ish recluse, as a has-been whose faltering musical fortunes and somewhat questionable fascination with alien abduction played out against the backdrop of Take That’s rebirth, a pop resurrection so assured and well received that it eclipsed the heights reached by the band the first time around.
Now, of course, he’s famous for being the one who went back to Take That, who reunited with its four existing members (Mark Owen, Howard Donald, Jason Orange and Williams’s one-time nemesis turned friend, collaborator and supporter, Gary Barlow) for 2010’s multimillion selling album Progress, and 2011’s instant sell-out stadium tour.
But, back to the art. Williams is proud of it. He holds a piece or two up for my inspection. It’s not half as bad as you’d imagine. It is wordy and bold, large stencilled declarations or visual puns (by Williams’s own admission, “I can’t paint. Or draw”). I am particularly impressed by one, a pastiche of the Little Chef sign. Williams has changed the wording so that it reads “Little Thief”, and if you look closely enough at the illustrated chef logo, you’ll see it bears a resemblance to Gary Barlow.
“I did the Little Thief one for Gaz,” Williams says. “He’s here, been here all week, working on songs for a new album.” The album may not happen, but yes, Gary Barlow is here – sunbathing by the pool, wearing shorts which are later described to me, by an eyewitness, like this: “If they weren’t actually Speedos, they were definitely very short, and very tight.”
“I did two more paintings last week,” Williams says. “Wrote three songs. Did a radio show.”
None of this has anything to do with Farrell, the menswear line Williams has launched, and the reason he’s granted me an interview. I am under strict instructions to question him at length about it, but Williams doesn’t really want to talk about that. He is still wayward, you see. He knows what he is supposed to be doing and he is choosing not to do it.
Oh, he goes through the motions for five minutes or so. Headlines: Farrell was named after Williams’s maternal grandfather Jack “the Giant Killer” Farrell, the man who, according to my Farrell briefing, semi-raised Williams, whose father left the family home when he was 3. Or did he? “No. Well, kind of. He was just a big friendly giant killer. Who wanted me to be a man.”
The collection includes duffel coats and military coats and frock coats and herringbone pants – very much men’s wear, as opposed to skinny-jeany, baggy-vested trendy boy wear. Rob was “very involved” in the design process, although he won’t say how, exactly, beyond suggesting that shirt collars were shorter and stash pockets sit here, and generally, “being finicky”.
What do you want from Farrell? Do you want it to be very successful?
“Yeah. I’d love it to be really really successful. Yeah! I’m seeing flagship stores. I’m seeing it in Savile Row. I’m seeing Singapore. I’m seeing out here.”
Do you want it to make lots of money?
“Yes. I really like Liam’s [Gallagher] clothes. I really like Pretty Green. But I remember him doing an interview and saying, ‘I’m not doing this for money.’ I was thinking, ‘Why not? You get paid. That’s great, innit?’ ”
I presume designing clothes wasn’t something you’ve burnt to do, from childhood on? “No. But singing wasn’t.”
And finally: he doesn’t like the people within the fashion industry. “They’re w***ers.”
Then, bam! Robbie Williams tires of promoting the thing he’s supposed to, and changes tack dramatically.
“What research did you do for this interview?” he asks.
Um… I read a lot of recent interviews, but honestly, I’ve been researching this piece for 20 years. I’m a Take That fan.
“Are you? Ha. You know who else is a Take That fan? Rose West!”
Really?
“Yes! Somebody sent me a link! Rose West is in jail, humming along to Take That songs!”
Which ones?
“I don’t know which ones!”
How does that make you feel?
“Proud!”
And he’s off, on vast rambling conversational departures that have nothing to do with anything much, but which take in his favourite websites, his inability to sleep in the big bedroom in which I interview him (“I grew up in a boxroom. I can’t sleep if there’s too much space.” Shame given how rich you are, I say. Must be problematic. “Not really, babe. No”); his speculations on the future of print journalism and the nature of modern celebrity, and his motivations for making the move to Los Angeles 11 years ago (“I came here for the women”).
What I really want to know, though, is this: is Robbie Williams bonkers? That’s the big question, isn’t it? From a distance, anyone observing his behaviour, and the twists and turns of his life to date, might wonder. He’s often seemed more than a little broken; brokenness has been interwoven into his public profile. Even at his most successful as a solo artist, Williams’s lyrical USP has been to hint at how lost he was, how angry about Take That and the band’s overbearing Svengali of a former manager, Nigel Martin-Smith (Williams’s 1998 single No Regrets is devoted to that), how he’s incapable of loving any woman other than his mother (for whom he wrote Angels). He has never struck me as especially happy.
Beyond that: is he sober, or on the brink of a relapse? Williams has battled drug and alcohol addictions publicly and questions about the progression of his recovery were raised following his last attempt at a solo comeback, when he performed very shakily indeed at a 2009 X Factor live show. He looked wild-eyed and crazy throughout, and he’s said that it was this experience that served as a catalyst for his I Don’t Want To Be A Pop Star Any More phase. He’s admitted to depressive periods, to injecting testosterone to deal with that; his weight has fluctuated, and he’s had a series of very public feuds with other celebrities – this summer he had a spat with Noel Gallagher that revolved around Williams’s alleged man boobs.

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 02.10.2011, 23:16 | Сообщение # 172
Candy)
Администраторы
In 2008, Williams got caught up in alien abduction theory when the journalist Jon Ronson made a documentary about a pilgrimage he and a bushily bearded Williams took to the Nevada desert in search of the truth. Plus he’s already told me he hasn’t left this house once in the four weeks or so since he came off the Take That tour – although he has shipped many other people in. He is, he says, an excellent host.
Are you happy, Rob?
“Yeah. I was just saying. Things have never looked so up. There’s contentment, and… just recording a new [solo] album. And knowing that it’s really strong. And I’ve got a few other things on the horizon. Things feel very complete. Things feel very do-able.”
He pauses.
“I get it a bit more.”
Are you depressive, still?
Another pause.
“Yes.”
Do you think depression will always be part of your life?
He pauses again. He is less garrulous now.
“Yeah.”
Williams has said in past interviews that he thinks he triggered his own depression by taking too much Ecstasy when he was younger, and that this depleted the levels of serotonin in his brain. Does he still believe that?
“I don’t know what it was. It was there before. I think pills and drugs were my medicine. And drink. I chose that, to try to ease it. To medicate the problem that was already there. Which exasperated [sic] it and turned it into something worse.”
Following stints in rehab, he says he is now sober, and there is nothing about him that suggests otherwise. He is very present, engaged, considered. I can’t see evidence of man boobs lurking beneath the Farrell check shirt he’s wearing. He smokes more than anyone I’ve ever met, mind you, lighting one Silk Cut after another after another.
“Do you smoke?” he asks.
No, I say.
“Sorry, darling. Sorry,” he says, and he puffs on.
How do you deal with depression now you’re off the booze and drugs?
Williams doesn’t answer.
Is it just… less of an issue?
“Much less of an issue. And… I’m on stuff that stops it.”
Antidepressants?
“Yeah.”
They do the trick?
“Have you taken them?”
No.
“Right. They do do the trick, but, I think that the pharmaceutical companies are as bad as drug dealers. Because I don’t know what it is that I’m putting in my system. I don’t think it’s 100 per cent great for you. I think there’s poison in there. I think it depletes your natural ability to do it for yourself. But you’re in a Catch-22 situation, because when you try to come off it, you get sick…”
Then, there’s marriage. It would suit Williams – who can talk about “invisible strings in the universe” and “beautiful stories”, and invoke emotional journeys and pleasing narrative arcs as well as any modern celebrity equipped with a basic grasp of pop psychology – to say that he’d been saved by love. But the fact is, he probably has been a bit saved by love. Until Ayda Field, there was no one, really. Endless one-night stands, some of whom would trot off to the tabloids afterwards; rumoured liaisons with Rachel Hunter, Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, Tara Palmer-Tomkinson… Then came Field, a TV actress best known for a role on a US soap opera, with whom Williams has been in a relationship since 2006. He proposed to her live on an Australian radio show in 2009, a gesture that was presumably designed to be as headline-garnering as it was romantic; they married, in a small ceremony held at this house, in August 2010.
Williams references Field constantly and incidentally, in the style of anyone who is besotted and a little dependent. Field flits in and out of the interview apologising for the intrusion, saying she must find such-and-such. Williams says, “It’s my wife! Come here, wife!” He tells me he’s teaching her to swear with a Stoke accent. When Field catches Williams telling me about his past life, the drugs he did and the women he slept with, she says, “Boosie!” in mock admonishment.
“I did, Boo. I did. I did drugs. I slept around,” he says.
Are you a good husband?
“Yeah! Yeah yeah yeah!”
What makes you so good?
“I don’t cheat on her. That’s the main one. That was the main worry that I had.”
Monogamy hasn’t been your thing, has it?
“Well, I haven’t had to. I haven’t had to monogamise.”
So you didn’t know if you were capable of it?
“I didn’t want to be capable. All the way through my twenties, I wanted someone who would fix me. Then I wanted a maid. But I didn’t even find them! We’re fed a load of bulls*** about love, from the day we arrive on this planet. Through films and music and literature. And you hold it in such high esteem, put it on this pedestal… And the guilt! The guilt! I knew I wasn’t going to be able to do what a woman needed me to do! So I went, ‘Right! I’m going to be single.’ ”
You didn’t think you were capable of a relationship?
“I didn’t want one. I think up till now, with relationships, I’ve played it well. I waited till I was well into my thirties, I did what I needed to do, I got here without any kids. Now I’m a bit older, a bit more mature, kids will come.”
You want kids?
“Yeah. I do.”
How many?
“She wants a football team. I want two. A boy and a girl.”
Have you got names for them?
“Yeah.”
What?
“Should I? Is that something that I should do?”
Yes!
“Woody! Woody and Sonny! Cool, eh?”
Is this… imminent?
“Next year. Next year! She wants to get on it now, but… just got back off tour. There’s a stretch from now till Christmas… and then, we’ll do some practising.”
Then: “Do you want to see my dressing room?”
Of course I do.
It is huge. Bigger than the ground floor of my entire flat. It’s reached through a big, marble-clad bathroom; it has windows along one side and endless, Savile Row-ish wooden portals and wardrobes. Clothes are folded and hanging neatly, everywhere. So many clothes. Williams strokes T-shirts and jumpers and dates them, tells me when they were acquired, when he wore them: “This one [emblazoned with the legend I Love Blackpool] is 1998, and this…” He unfolds a sweater with a ghastly Christmas design on it. “Two thousand and… ten.”
He says he loves clothes.
“Love getting dressed, love feeling when you leave the house that you’ve got your armour on, your magical suit that will see you through.”
Have you always loved clothes?
“Always.”
Did you have a stylist with Take That?
He snorts incredulously.
“Um… Have a look! I think we were all given, like, £30 to go and buy stuff from [clothes emporium] Afflecks in Manchester. And I think, in the early days, Jason Orange was very much the stylist. So if you want to ask questions about lycra and leather jackets with studs and tassels on them, Jason’s your man.”
I wonder how he is dealing with the ageing process. He was a pin-up, a much-fancied pretty boy whose particular variety of fame meant that he was as objectified and lusted over as much as any girl. He is still good looking – surprisingly tall, with a big, open face, which is largely wrinkle-free, so I’m wondering about Botox – but of course, he’s also older, less dewy. You’re doing well for wrinkles, I say, suspiciously.
“Mum’s got good skin. Dad’s got good skin.”
You hair’s staying. Congrats.
“It’s got thinner though.”
Would you have surgery?
“Yes! Yeah. I don’t know why people lie about it.”
Have you had anything, yet?
“No. But I would.”
What?
“F***ing everything. I’ve been watching Celebrity Big Brother. Did you see it? And Darryn Lyons with his sculpted abs…”
Darryn Lyons, the publicity-friendly owner of the Big Pictures picture agency, became briefly famous this summer after displaying, in the Celebrity Big Brother house, the results of abdominal surgery on his naked torso. Williams was impressed.
You’re thinking about it?
“I am thinking about it. I haven’t had abs since I was 17.”
You had great abs.
“I did.”
Do you look at pictures of yourself from then, and think, I was gorgeous?
“Do you want to see one?”
He takes me into the studio beyond the dressing room, where middle-aged men who look a bit like Pete Waterman are twiddling with guitars. Williams shows me a set of three close-up shots of his face, taken when he was in his late teens, swaddled in a hoody. He is beautiful. Terrifyingly young, wondrously fresh-faced, with bruises of shadows beneath his eyes.
“Seventeen. Backstage at Wembley,” he says.
You were – perfect, I say.
“Yes,” he says.
When was the last time you felt handsome?
He pauses for a long time.
“Years ago.”
Really?
“Yeah. It’s not something that I generally feel.”
But… you’re a pin-up.
He lights another Silk Cut.
“Yeah, but… when you put weight on, go up and down… stay awake for three nights on the trot, get your picture taken looking f***ing horrendous… all of that… The image of me isn’t the one that you see, and it isn’t the one Ayda sees, but… I really enjoy Ayda’s version of me.”
What is Ayda’s version of you?
“She really digs me. She thinks I’m amazing.”
So, ultimately, I am forced to conclude that Robbie Williams isn’t especially bonkers at the moment – unusual, certainly, but not certifiable – and that he might even be quite happy. Although he does still believe in aliens. “Absolutely. Although I am also open to the fact that it is all bulls***. Same goes for God.”
He rambles on. He tells me how great the Take That reunion was. He tells me how great the prospective solo album is shaping up to be, and how brilliant it’s been, working with Barlow (“I’m kind of in love with Gary Barlow”).
He tells me he loves LA. “Because it’s basically desert energy. Mixed with a load of d***heads. If you throw a stone from here, you’ll hit one. But I don’t do that any more. They’re not keen on that, in the housing association.” And he tells me that Charlie Sheen has a house a little down the road, and that when Sheen is really kicking off, the sky fills with helicopters and it all gets rather thrilling.

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 02.10.2011, 23:17 | Сообщение # 173
Candy)
Администраторы
Eventually – just as he’s telling me how rich he is (“Really really rich. It’s unfathomable”) – the PR from Farrell calls time on us, and the interview ends. He seems sorrier even than I am. Rob(bie) Williams does like a chat.
“Can I show Polly my land?” he asks Josie, his manager.
“No Rob, you can’t,” she tells him.
“Sorry, Poll,” he says. “Can’t show you my land.” He hugs me goodbye, and I leave him calling for Gary Barlow.
Farrell, a collection devised by Robbie Williams, is available now exclusively at House of Fraser and very.co.uk; farrell.com

PoohДата: Среда, 05.10.2011, 12:52 | Сообщение # 174
Candy)
Администраторы
По-моему абсолютно идиотский опрос по поводу чем заняться сейчас Робби cool
http://music.uk.msn.com/features/what-should-robbie-williams-do-next

elizabethДата: Среда, 05.10.2011, 17:51 | Сообщение # 175
Wonderwall
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Награды: 27
Сольная карьера рулит smile smile smile

Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Let me entertain you » Новости 2 (Новости о Робе)
Поиск: