[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 5 из 6
  • «
  • »
Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Let me entertain you » Новости о новом альбоме Роба Reality Killed The Video Star (Ждемс))
Новости о новом альбоме Роба Reality Killed The Video Star
CarmenLGДата: Среда, 23.09.2009, 21:28 | Сообщение # 101
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 9
Robbie Williams to play BBC gig

Robbie Williams is to appear at the BBC's Electric Proms at the Roundhouse in north-west London on 20 October.

The gig will be his first full-length concert in the UK for three years and will see him play songs from latest album, Reality Killed The Video Star.

Tickets will cost £25 and are available from 8am on Wednesday morning.

Also appearing at the Electric Proms so far this year are Dizzee Rascal, Doves, a reformed Magazine, Florence & The Machine, Metronomy and Smokey Robinson.

During his set at the Electric Proms, Williams will be accompanied by a string and horn section as well as his full band.

The show, which will be broadcast on Radio 1, will be under the musical direction of record producer and songwriter Trevor Horn.

Robbie Williams said: "I'm looking forward to playing my new songs, working with Trevor Horn again and seeing how people react to what I've been doing."

Oasis closed last year's Electric Proms performing hits like Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger with the Crouch End Festival Chorus.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_8268000/8268244.stm

PoohДата: Четверг, 24.09.2009, 20:54 | Сообщение # 102
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
Quote (CarmenLG)
BBC's Electric Proms at the Roundhouse in north-west London on 20 October.

GREAT NEWS smile smile smile

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Пятница, 25.09.2009, 21:25 | Сообщение # 103
Candy)
Администраторы
В интервью английскому МТВ Робби сказал что в его альбоме будет и электроника и баллады и песни в стиле 70-х.
Robbie Williams Interview
He tells MTV News: "The next couple of months will define the rest of my life"…
17:27, Friday, 25 September 2009

Robbie Williams has spoken to MTV News about his new single and album.
Reality Killed The Video Star is Rob’s eighth studio album and his first in over three years.

Asked what we can expect from his new material Robbie explained: “Electronica, ballads, (tracks with a) 70’s rocky kinda feel. I’m all over the shop musically once again with this album.”

He continued: “It could’ve all gone west. I don’t know if people have got their ears on for me but I’m knocking at the door going- do you want some of this again or not?

“I’m alright if you don’t like it or if you do. I think the next couple of months will define the rest of my life.”

Since 2006 Williams has spent most of his time in LA and has rarely appeared in the papers.

Yet in the late 90s and early noughties he was one of the biggest popstars in the world- selling 55 million albums overall and 1.6 million concert tickets in a single day.

Talking about his new single Bodies the former Take That man revealed what he’s been up to whilst living in the States.

“The song itself is a big conspiracy-laden song. Its where my head’s been for the last 3 years, on the internet watching films like Zeitgeist, The God That Wasn’t There and 9/11 Was An Inside Job.”

Robbie nearly themed the Bodies video around conspiracies but explained: “they (the public) would have said- ‘he’s definitely gone mental.’ So I said, ‘what do you think we should do?’ And they (label or management) said ‘lets do an aftershave advert’ and I’m like, ‘cool!’”

Asked what it would take for him to view Reality Killed The Video Star as a success he told MTV:

“A lot of people going and buying it and taking it home and going, yep! But also a general sense of, ‘he’s back on form’- that would be good enough for me.”
http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists....terview

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Суббота, 26.09.2009, 22:58 | Сообщение # 104
Candy)
Администраторы
Сможет ли Тревор Хорн вселить в музыку Робби волшебство? Ну в любом случае Бодиз рулят) smile
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol....972.ece

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 27.09.2009, 21:06 | Сообщение # 105
Candy)
Администраторы
Робби считает название своего нового альбома слишком претенциозным biggrin
Robbie ditched 'pretentious' title

11:04am Sunday 27th September 2009
© Press Association 2009 »

Singer Robbie Williams has revealed he was told to change the planned name of his comeback album - because it was "too pretentious".

Williams, who releases his eighth solo album in November, said he had planned to call it Il Protagonisto.

But his managers vetoed the plan and settled for his back-up title Reality Killed The Video Star - inspired by his producer Trevor Horn.

In an interview to be aired by MTV this week, Williams said his original name was Italian for "the protagonist".

"As in spaghetti western, as in man who comes in and clears up the town for the bad guys but you're not sure whether he's the bad guy or not himself," he said.

"People would quite rightly go, that's pretentious, which is what my management did. They went 'no that's pretentious' and I went 'yeah, yeah'. So that was a mouthful. Got rid of that. Reality Killed The Video Star is in."

Producer Horn was formerly in chart act Buggles who had a hit 30 years ago with Video Killed The Radio Star, which Robbie adapted for use as the revised title.

Williams added: "I thought that, well, it's synchronicity - idea's in the head, we'll use it and everybody gave it the thumbs up."
http://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk/uk_nati....ref=rss

PoohДата: Вторник, 29.09.2009, 19:09 | Сообщение # 106
Candy)
Администраторы
ВОт тут ревью на Бобин альбом! По песням
Here's my track-by-track review of Rob's CD.

1. MORNING SUN: Has the feel of a Carpenters/Burt Bacharach ballad. Lyrics about astronauts and space crop up. One of the top three songs on the album.

2. BODIES: I rate this first single. This could be an Ian Brown track. The best song here.

3. YOU KNOW ME: The second single. Has to be the song on the album about Ayda Field. Only criticism - backing vocals sound like Sir Paul McCartney's Frog Chorus.

4. BLASPHEMY: Big string arrangement. Rob's vocal is impressive, even though it's one of the weaker songs.

5. DO YOU MIND: My least favourite song. A bit of a filler.

6. LAST DAYS OF DISCO: Has a Pet Shop Boys, electro sound to it. Trevor Horn stamped all over it.

7. SOMEWHERE: A 60-second string arrangement with good vocal.

8. DECEPTACON: Hints about missing UK, with lyric "goodbye to Deceptacons" - his word for LA parasites. Great tune.

9. STARSTRUCK: Could be another ode to LA life. Great lyrics. "Everybody's famous", "Knock one off the wrist". Ahem.

10. DIFFICULT FOR WEIRDOS: Electro-tinkering and effects on Rob's voice. Pet Shop Boys-esque again.

11. SUPERBLIND: Classic cocky Robbie, contemplating his future. "I'm the genius behind me. What will they think, when they think about me?" Top.

12. WON'T DO THAT& 13. MORNING SUN REPRISE: Rob introduces brass for the final fanfare. A rousing, upbeat finish.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....rs.html

elizabethДата: Вторник, 29.09.2009, 19:26 | Сообщение # 107
Wonderwall
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Награды: 27
То есть мы уже знаем второй сингл?

PoohДата: Вторник, 29.09.2009, 19:41 | Сообщение # 108
Candy)
Администраторы
elizabeth, ну дядька этот так сказал biggrin

PoohДата: Четверг, 01.10.2009, 21:20 | Сообщение # 109
Candy)
Администраторы
АААААБАЛДЕТЬ!!!! ВОТ ТУТ РЕВЬЮ С МАЛЕНЬКИМИ ОТРЫВКАМИ ИЗ КАЖДОЙ ПЕСНИ БО smile smile smile
Robbie Williams says his new album Reality Killed The Video Star marks a "turning point" in his career.

Out on 9 November, it is his first record since 2006's poorly received electro experiment Rudebox - which nonetheless reached number one around the world.

The new record is an eclectic collection of songs which wears its influences on its sleeve.

Here is a track-by-track guide to the Trevor Horn-produced album.
1. MORNING SUN

The simple piano chords and lush strings that herald the return of Robbie immediately begin the job of wooing back the audience alienated by Rudebox.

Morning Sun starts out as an update of an Elton John ballad before late-period Beatles cellos propel the song forward, and it quickly becomes a full-on Sgt Pepper-style rock out - musically and lyrically - complete with full orchestra and choir. The lyrics were rewritten to pay tribute to Michael Jackson following his death.

A strong opening statement of intent.

Key lyric: "The morning brings the mystery, the evening makes it history, tell me how do you rate the morning sun?"

2. BODIES

The album's first single, Bodies, has been described by the singer's PR machine as an "apocalyptic conspiracy-laden" song. The epic Trevor Horn production certainly backs that statement up, and brings the familiar Williams sound firmly into 2009.

A false chorus of "bodies in the Bodhi Tree, bodies making chemistry" is replaced by the real thing - "all we've ever wanted, is to look good naked" - which slams in from nowhere.

The Gregorian chant-style elements narrowly manage to avoid sounding like muzak purveyors Enigma, while Horn brings back 1980s orchestral stabs to glorious effect.

Key lyric: "And if Jesus really died for me, then Jesus really tried for me."

3. YOU KNOW ME

Robbie Williams
2006's Rudebox was Williams's lowest-selling album

If the older members of his across-the-board fanbase were tempted back by Morning Sun, this nod to 1950s doo-wop will have them boogie-ing alongside their grandchildren at one of the inevitable Williams tour dates.

The out-and-out retro kitsch of this nostalgic tale of lost love - complete with Stand By Me-style strings - is unlike anything he has recorded before. This song couldn't be further removed from the rapping and electro experimentation of Rudebox.

Key lyric: "Since you went away, my heart breaks every day, you don't know 'cos you're not there."

4. BLASPHEMY

Warm strings and piano again set the tone for this song, the melody and instrumentation of which could have come straight from a West End musical.

Lyrically, Williams tries very hard and, by and large, pulls it off: "What's so great about the Great Depression. Was it a blast for you because it's blasphemy."

Blasphemy sounds like a natural sibling to I Will Talk And Hollywood Will Listen - an underrated gem written by Williams and former writing partner Guy Chambers for 2001's Swing When You're Winning.

No coincidence, then, that Blasphemy was also co-written by Chambers.

Key lyric: "Our deaf and dumb dinners, there's gravy in the mud."

5. DO YOU MIND?

Robbie does Mick Jagger.

Throwaway filler.

Key lyric: "Do, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh you mind? If I, I-I, I, I, I-I, I touch you."

6. LAST DAYS OF DISCO

Last Days of Disco, with its Eurythmics synths and 808 snare drum, would have sat more comfortably on Rudebox than Reality Killed The Video Star and thus fails to move "Brand Williams" forward.

Self-confessed Pet Shop Boys fanatic Williams is clearly pleased as punch at working with their one-time collaborator Horn. As the track progresses, the veteran producer sprinkles his magic dust on it. He just about succeeds in making it sound like a passable Pet Shop Boys B-side.

Key lyric: "Don't call it a comeback, look what I invented here, I thought it was easy, they took it away from us, the last days of disco."

7. SOMEWHERE

A one minute orchestral aside which, again, would work well as a musical theatre recitative.

Key lyric: "You take your chance in life, go out and find a wife, don't get stuck in the state I'm in."

8. DECEPTACON

The opening filtered piano chords of Deceptacon break out into shimmering space-age harmonies and get the album right back on track.

Lyrically, there are again shades of the Beatles' imagery, while a Bowie Space Oddity influence can also be heard: "From all of us there to all of you, to all over here, we wish you all of the best, all of the year, she said 'well he's never been quite right'."

A real grower.

Key lyric: "And all over Britain, we wait for permission to form another queue."

9. STARSTRUCK

Since recording this track, Williams has admitted to being a huge fan of Big Brother, but that doesn't stop him taking a pop at "today's fame epidemic" through the medium of catchy mid-paced pop, underpinned by a gently throbbing bassline.

In the chorus, both the arrangement and Williams's vocal come over all George Michael - in a good way. The song, which is reminiscent of Rudebox's standout track Lovelight, could well be a single.

Key lyric: "Ready steady go, everybody famous, everyone you know, why'd it take you ages?"

10. DIFFICULT FOR WEIRDOS

Robbie Williams
Williams is a self-confessed Pet Shop Boys fanatic

A song about not fitting in, Difficult For Weirdos is another track on which Williams' influences can clearly be heard. Its initial synth strings are eerily reminiscent of Depeche Mode's Enjoy The Silence.

Not for the first time in his career, Williams does a Neil Tennant impression while a vocoder effect adds to the robotic feel of the track. The French horn-led orchestral breakdown is Trevor Horn's finest moment on the album and harks back to his work on Tennant and Chris Lowe's Left To My Own Devices.

This time, the producer's magic dust makes Difficult For Weirdos sound, in parts, like a Pet Shop Boys A-side.

Key lyric: "Psycho-evolution your pollution, makes it difficult for weirdos, just another humanoid reaction to the voices in this town."

11. SUPERBLIND

Superblind, co-written by Williams's tour bassist Fil Eisler, begins with a programmed drum beat, strummy acoustic guitar and some laidback electronic piano before a "proper" drum fill signals the arrival of the melodic chorus.

The crashing guitars and descending string lines are reminiscent of the likes of Millennium and the instrumental break on Angels. Unlike the other tracks on the album, however, Williams fails to rein in his much-maligned propensity for sounding self obsessed.

Key lyric: "I can't help thinking about me, put a thought in for me, I'm the genius behind me, maybe I shouldn't have said it. Here's to the next century, what will they think when they think about me?"

12. WON'T DO THAT TO YOU

Williams says this brass-led feelgood song with its Motown-style chorus is his "very first love song". Presumably written about his current girlfriend Ayda Field, it is bursting with vitality - and the energetic repetition of the title in the chorus has radio play written all over it.

It's the happiest-sounding Williams song since 2003's number one single Something Beautiful which, coincidentally, is sonically similar to Won't Do That To You. Lyrics such as "I don't mind when the boys look at you, if I were them I'd be doing it too" are even forgivable in the context of throwaway pop that really works.

Key lyric: "I won't do that to you, won't do that to yo-u, do that to you, I wouldn't do that to you."

13. MORNING SUN (REPRISE)

Proceedings are brought to a close by a brief restatement of the opening track. In summary, Reality Killed The Video Star begins with some of Williams's strongest songs for years, falters halfway through before reigniting with a handful of standout tracks, including Starstruck and Won't Do That To You.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8282576.stm

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 04.10.2009, 15:52 | Сообщение # 110
Candy)
Администраторы
Робби сказал что если его альбом провалиться то он уйдет из музыкального бизнеса ! Да полно тебе Боб happy
ROBBIE WILLIAMS will quit the music business if his new album isn't a success.

It's been two years since the critical panning of his last release, Rudebox, and the former Take That star is clearly worried about his comeback.

Bodies, his first single since he reached No16 in 2007 with She's Madonna, is released on October 12 with his eighth solo album Reality Killed The Video Star following on November 9. And Robbie reckons this is a huge turning point in his pop career.

He said: "This album will decide my future."

All his solo albums have gone to No1 but Rudebox was his worst-selling disc.

But Robbie revealed that he spent his two-year break from showbiz stressing about how he could get back to the top.

He said: "I found a girlfriend in the shape of Ayda Field, made love to her, wrote songs, travelled, played football and looked for UFOs.

"And I was worrying about my career."

He got fat, grew a beard and wore anoraks but is now back - slim and fuzz-free.

And those fans worrying about him quitting shouldn't be too concerned as Robbie thinks Reality Killed The Video Star is his best work ever.

He said: "I am looking forward to the reactions because it's a brilliant record.

"It means a lot to me as I love the songs and the lyrics.

"It's so old hat to say this but I think it is the best record I have ever done with the best production and the best lyrics."

Robbie is due to perform Bodies on The X Factor next Saturday but admitted the song has baffled fans because of its complicated lyrics.

But he explained: "That's because I talk rubbish."

There have also been rumours he is rejoining Take That after he was spotted at a recording studio in New York with the other four members - Gary Barlow, Jason Orange, Mark Owen and Howard Donald.

But he teased journalists, claiming they were just thinking of entering the next Winter Olympics as a bobsleigh team.

His former bandmates have however hinted that Rob could turn up on one of their tours in future as they are now on speaking terms after years of silence following his shock departure from the line-up in 1995.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/enterta....1719187

elizabethДата: Воскресенье, 04.10.2009, 19:43 | Сообщение # 111
Wonderwall
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Робби, дорогой, чтобы альбом не провалился, надо больше шевелиться happy
Я все жду, когда же начнется вся эта кутерьма smile Терпение и еще раз терпение cool

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 04.10.2009, 20:21 | Сообщение # 112
Candy)
Администраторы
elizabeth, да вообще то уже началась - когда он в начале сентября одним махом кучу интервью роздал wink

elizabethДата: Воскресенье, 04.10.2009, 20:31 | Сообщение # 113
Wonderwall
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Хочется, чтобы перерывов не было wink

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 04.10.2009, 20:34 | Сообщение # 114
Candy)
Администраторы
elizabeth, тебе Бобби не жалко? wink

elizabethДата: Воскресенье, 04.10.2009, 20:42 | Сообщение # 115
Wonderwall
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Pooh, о чем ты? О какой жалости может идти речь? А ему нас не жалко было, когда он три года молчал cool И все новости были то про НЛО, то про то, как он растолстел cool А тут дал несколько интервью и устал...
А если серьезно, я Боба люблю, пусть делает так как ему лучше cry

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 04.10.2009, 20:44 | Сообщение # 116
Candy)
Администраторы
elizabeth, да понятное дело шо любишь) Не боись - вот как попрет после 10 октября - не остановишь biggrin

elizabethДата: Воскресенье, 04.10.2009, 20:49 | Сообщение # 117
Wonderwall
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Хи-хи! Хотелось бы чтобы поперло rah

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 04.10.2009, 20:50 | Сообщение # 118
Candy)
Администраторы
elizabeth, должно happy

PoohДата: Пятница, 09.10.2009, 08:18 | Сообщение # 119
Candy)
Администраторы
Bad news, my lovelies: This is a dud. I know we were all hoping for something amazing, something which would have slammed the door shut on that tiresome tabloid goodies vs. baddies battle switcheroo that perpetuates a fight between Rob and his former bandmates forever (and only ever supports the side that seems to be winning), but this isn't it.

'Bodies' should really have been the song which reminds everyone of the best that Robbie Williams the singer/songwriter has to offer. It should be a song which showcases some chippy lyrics and some stirring, we-are-all-one sentiment. It should get up a few noses, but ultimately win on charm, wit and charisma, much like the great man himself.

It should also show that while Robbie is a man who understands dark forces and black moods, he's determined to put on a happy face and do a funny dance, as this is the only way he knows of keeping the storm-clouds at bay.

(Here's the video. The battery is gonna die if you don't switch the headlights off.)

What it actually does is provide ample proof that writing a song while bug-eyed and frothing on a Relentless/Red Bull/espresso binge is a bad idea. What you get is a funky babble which drives the listener to yell "calm down! Finish a thought before you start another one!" all the way through.

Not that Rob's listening, of course. How could he, with a TV in one eye, a tabloid in the other, and a radio buzzing in the corner of the room? Or is it HIS MIND? Is it time for another coffee. Rob? Is it? Hmm? HMM? HMMMM?

What else could explain those verses? I've heard ringtones that are less irritating, and I speak as someone who really liked 'Rudebox'. That stuck-on-repeat melody would serve a better lyric well, but we're stuck with these fractured thoughts and ham-fisted swipes at the old familiar icons. Worse than that, stuff seems to have been jammed in there because it rhymes, no matter what it ends up saying. Look:

"If Jesus really died for me, then Jesus really tried for me"
- Hear that, heavenly host? That's the sound of one man clapping...ish.

"All we've ever wanted is to look good naked, hope that someone can take it"
- Good news, Rob! We've found just the fella! And his name is Gok Wan.

"God save me rejection from my reflection. I want perfection"
- WILL ALSO CONSIDER: advection, affection, collection, complexion, confection, connection, convection, correction, a cross-section, defection, detection, direction, dissection, ejection, erection, infection, inflection, injection, inspection, objection, projection, protection, selection.

"Bodies in the Bodhi tree, bodies making chemistry, bodies on my family,
Bodies in the way of me, bodies in the cemetery..."
- Anybody want a cup of tea?

On the plus side, the chorus is quite good.

Two stars Download: October 11th
CD Released: October 12th
www.robbiewilliams.com
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs....s.shtml

PoohДата: Суббота, 10.10.2009, 10:38 | Сообщение # 120
Candy)
Администраторы
I Won't Do That To You on the album is all about her.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....VpowqBu
БЛИИИН ХОЧУ УЖЕ ЭТОТ АЛЬБОМ СИЛ нЕТ sad

RinaДата: Суббота, 10.10.2009, 20:55 | Сообщение # 121
Cold hands warm heart
VIP Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 47
Quote (Pooh)
БЛИИИН ХОЧУ УЖЕ ЭТОТ АЛЬБОМ СИЛ нЕТ

Pooh, подмена понятий! То бишь смайликов! Нос к верху и ждём smile

PoohДата: Суббота, 10.10.2009, 21:00 | Сообщение # 122
Candy)
Администраторы
Quote (silf)
Нос к верху и ждём

Я сегодня уже как бешеная сгоняла в Пурпурный легион! Надеялась уже сингл купить ан нет! Ну да ладно - всё равно на следующей неделе обязан появиться wink

PoohДата: Понедельник, 12.10.2009, 09:00 | Сообщение # 123
Candy)
Администраторы
Первоисточник одной из песен Робби
http://www.izler.com/music/superblind.mp3

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 18.10.2009, 18:53 | Сообщение # 124
Candy)
Администраторы
Так вот туточки со 2 по 6 Ноября каждый день будут ставить песни с альбома Робби и Роб о них будет рассказывать biggrin
2/3/4/5/6 November 2009

What - Ken Bruce Radio Show - RKTRS is Ken's "Record of The Week"

Where - BBC Radio 2

When - any time between 9.30 am and 12.00 midday

Listen Live - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/radio2

Listen Again - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/radio2

elizabethДата: Четверг, 22.10.2009, 20:02 | Сообщение # 125
Wonderwall
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Не знаю в какую тему написать....Можно вопрос
Возможно где-то и есть сведения об этом. Мне интересно авторство песен на новом альбоме? Роб и кто еще...

Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Let me entertain you » Новости о новом альбоме Роба Reality Killed The Video Star (Ждемс))
  • Страница 5 из 6
  • «
  • »
Поиск: