[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
Форум Take That & Robbie » TAKE THAT Forever » Back for good » Новости (Новости о ребятках)
Новости
PoohДата: Четверг, 14.05.2009, 21:35 | Сообщение # 326
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
Кстати о Евровидение - англичане считают что лучше бы на него поехали ТАКЕ ТНАТ smile Знаете я бы этого тоже очень хотела wink
Take That are UK’s dream Eurovision act

Take That are nation's ideal choice for Eurovision song contest

Reunited boyband Take That would be the nation’s ideal choice to represent the UK in the Eurovision song contest, a new poll has found.

A survey carried out by BT Eurovictory found that Britons see Gary Barlow and company as the act most likely to claim the UK’s first Eurovision win in more than a decade.

Katrina and the Waves’ Love Shine A Light was the last British entry to win the annual competition in 1997 and Katrina herself has called on viewers in the UK to help Jade Ewen to victory in Moscow.

"We’ve got a great entry this year, so we’ve got every chance of winning," the Walking on Sunshine star said.

"The reintroduction of juries for 50 per cent of the vote should work in our favour, but if every UK family called just one person in Europe and persuaded them to vote for the UK that would absolutely seal the deal.

"I remember how important my friends and family’s support was to me when I won in 1997, so I’ll definitely be calling on them to help Jade win this year."

While Take That were voted the UK’s dream Eurovision act, a girlband claimed second place with Girls Aloud pipping Bleeding Love singer Leona Lewis into second.

Despite her well-documented personal problems, Amy Winehouse finished fourth in the BT Eurovictory poll while comedian Peter Kay rounded off the top five.

The UK’s top ten dream Eurovision acts are:

1 Take That
2 Girls Aloud
3 Leona Lewis
4 Amy Winehouse
5 Peter Kay
6 Will Young
7 Lily Allen
8 Iron Maiden
9 Duffy
10 Tom Jones
http://bigonsandbank.com/blog....n-act-2

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

CarmenLGДата: Воскресенье, 17.05.2009, 21:13 | Сообщение # 327
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 9
Saturday, 16 May 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spandau Ballet plan Take That collaboration

Spandau Ballet singer Tony Hadley has revealed plans to collaborate with Take That.

Hadley befriended the boyband's leader Gary Barlow after they bonded over knowing what it's like to be "famous and fat", according to MSN.

"I'm hoping to start writing with Gary after the Spandau shows and we've started talking about it. I love Gary, he's great," the website reports Hadley as commenting.

He also discussed Spandau Ballet's recent reformation and announcement of a UK tour.

"We had a few pints together and actually got on extremely well. It took a while but it's amazing what beer can do. It's been nice to bury the hatchet, but not in each other's heads," he added.

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/music....6895735

There is a chance that Tony Hadley of Spandau Ballet will be working with Take That. This is confirmed by himself.

Currently, he is still busy with his own band, but their shows are out want to Hadley Take That Gary Barlow of the studio in diving.

"We have at last a few beers together and talk clicked OK, so time for a collaboration," says Tony.

Сообщение отредактировал CarmenLG - Вторник, 19.05.2009, 21:40

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 31.05.2009, 23:38 | Сообщение # 328
Candy)
Администраторы
TAKE That have fallen foul of neighbours by belting out their hits in an aircraft hangar.

The pop favourites have spent the last month rehearsing at RAF Cardington in Bedfordshire.

But things have not all gone to plan for the chart-busting group – who stayed at the historic Swan Hotel in Bedford for a month.

According to locals in sleepy Cardington Village, the quartet have been disturbing their peace and quiet by belting out hits including Back For Good at all hours.

Their summer stadium tour kicks off on Friday and they have been fine-tuning their stage act in the hangar, originally built for the development of airships in 1915.

It has also been used for filming blockbusters such as Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow.

But last night one resident was far from happy.

He said: “Take That might think they sound fantastic but just try telling that to my seven-month-old daughter.

“We live in Cardington Village and it’s just too loud. Some days we have a real problem getting her to sleep because of the noise from the hangar.”

The disgruntled local added: “They seem to be practising constantly.

“Of course, they think most of the sound stays within the aircraft hangar but I can assure you it travels.

“You have to remember they are getting ready to play stadium gigs so you can just imagine the volume at which they are belting their songs out.

“Some days it has sounded like we are having our very own Take That gig.

“I’m just glad they seem to have moved on now.”

The top-selling band – Gary Barlow, Jason Orange, Howard Donald and Mark Owen – are set to play a string of gigs across the country this summer, starting at Sunderland’s Stadium of Light on Friday and Saturday.

Other shows will be at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium and Wembley Stadium in London.

Meanwhile Take That are set to release their latest single Said It All on June 15.

The video for the song, which was premiered on GMTV earlier this month, features all four band members dressed up as vintage circus clowns, fitting in with the circus theme of the tour.

They have enjoyed a triumphant comeback since reuniting in 2005 after splitting in 1996.

Rumours have circulated that they could be rejoined by original member Robbie Williams.

But that idea seems to have now fizzled out.

Williams’ best pal Jonathan Wilkes said earlier this month the Angels singer will not return and was writing his own new material.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news....llagers

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 31.05.2009, 23:40 | Сообщение # 329
Candy)
Администраторы
А как вам совместный дуэт Бойзоуна и ТТ? wacko
RONAN KEATING wants to team up with old boyband rivals TAKE THAT.

COMEBACK: Ronan

The Boyzone star XSclusively told me at their comeback gig at Wembley on Friday: "I'm good friends with GARY BARLOW. We speak about working together. Something like Boyzone vs Take That. They're great."

Ronan also told of his breakdown brought on by fame and his mum's death 10 years ago. He said: "It was my darkest period."
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz....re.html

bluegirlДата: Понедельник, 01.06.2009, 00:11 | Сообщение # 330
Истинная Кенгурятина
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 4
Это уже массовый дуэт получится ))))) но было бы классно!!

Чудо свершилось 3 января ))))

PoohДата: Понедельник, 01.06.2009, 00:16 | Сообщение # 331
Candy)
Администраторы
Quote (bluegirl)
Это уже массовый дуэт получится ))))) но было бы классно!!

Да такое хоровое пение happy Я даже незнаю классно или нет - япросто пока тур жду) wink

DerekДата: Понедельник, 01.06.2009, 00:25 | Сообщение # 332
Back for good
VIP Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 3
Хор не мальчиков-зайчиков, но мужиков - динозавров))))))) wink

Мир принадлежит оптимистам, пессимисты лишь наблюдатели

PoohДата: Понедельник, 01.06.2009, 00:27 | Сообщение # 333
Candy)
Администраторы
Quote (Derek)
мужиков - динозавров)

happy happy happy
В люблрм случае нашим МЭНАМ сейчас пока главное - ТУР)) А там посмотрим чем удивлять будут biggrin

bluegirlДата: Понедельник, 01.06.2009, 01:27 | Сообщение # 334
Истинная Кенгурятина
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Не, хор мужиков-зайчиков happy happy

CarmenLGДата: Воскресенье, 14.06.2009, 13:59 | Сообщение # 335
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
We weren't sure comeback single and reunion would work, says Take That star Mark Owen

Jun 14 2009 Billy Sloan

WHEN Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald stood behind their mikes at RAK Studios, they knew the stakes could not be any higher.

Take That were recording their 2006 comeback album Beautiful World, their first since the group's shock split a decade earlier.

Their status as the biggest boy band in UK pop history with record sales of 19 million meant nothing.

The future of Take That - if they were going to have one - was on the line.

The four were nervous when the red light went on in the control room to begin taping Patience.

The musical heritage of the legendary RAK Studios in London had piled on even more pressure.

It was where Radiohead recorded their groundbreaking 1995 album The Bends and Duffy laid down tracks for her Grammy-award-winning 2008 debut Rockferry.

Famous names in the visitors book included Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Arctic Monkeys, Rod Stewart, Ultravox and Simply Red.

"Patience was a song we weren't even sure would work," said Mark.

"We looked at each other, saying:'Is this track any good? Do we even like it?' It was only the third song we had written for the album.

"The spirits of all the great artists who had worked at RAK were flying around the studio. It was incredibly inspiring.

"Apart from maybe a lick of paint, it has not changed much over the years since it was opened by hit producer Mickie Most in 1976. It has an amazing history.

"When we started singing Patience, we could see people around getting into it. Immediately, that took a lot of pressure off. The record company were very enthusiastic when they heard it and reckoned it would make a great single.

"We were unsure of what we were doing but it felt, musically, like we had moved to a higher level." Patience hit No.1 in the UK charts, staying there for four weeks and shipping 535,000 copies to become one of the 10 best-selling singles of 2006.

The self-penned song was voted Record Of The Year and won a Brit Award the following February.

Three years on, it seems bizarre Take That had any self-doubt. They have eclipsed the achievements of a phenomenal career spanning from 1991 to 1996 and survived the headline-hitting departure of bandmate Robbie Williams.

On Friday, Saturday and Sunday they will headline spectacular gigs at Hampden Park in Glasgow - as part of their spectacular Circus Tour - to a combined audience of 165,000 devoted fans.

When Take That exploded on to the UK music scene in 1991, they chalked up a string of hit singles including Relight My Fire - a rousing vocal spar with Scots singer Lulu - and Back For Good.

Their albums Take That And

Party (1992), Everything Changes (1993) and Nobody Else (1995) helped make them global stars.

The group have even surpassed that success since their surprise reunion in 2005.

On November 14, 2005, Gary, 38, Mark, 37, Jason, 38, and 41-year-old Howard appeared together on ITV documentary Take That: For The Record.

They were adamant there would be no group reformation. The documentary was intended to show what each member - plus Robbie -

had been doing in the decade since their split.

Mark said: "We were nervous about a comeback. Could we reinvent the wheel? The only reason we did For The Record was to close the door on Take That but we ended up kicking it open even wider.

"Off the back of it, we were asked to do a handful of concerts. We just fell into it.

"Initially, when we were told seven UK arena shows had been booked, our reaction was,'Hey, that's maybe pushing it a bit'. Our promoter was confident we would sell them out. Suddenly, it progressed to 25 arena concerts and four stadium shows.

"Then we wanted to prove to ourselves we could still do it." The group's Ultimate Tour 2006 - which included two gigs at the SECC in Glasgow - broke box-office records before they had even sung a note live.

On the opening night, at the Metro Arena in Newcastle on April 23, self-doubt again crept in.

Mark said: "The crowd in the Metro Arena seemed so vast, I remember looking out from behind the stage and feeling very moved.

"We had a look at each other and thought: 'How did we end up here?' It was overpowering to be hit by such a wave of enthusiasm when we walked on.

"I don't want to get all drippy but I got pretty emotional.

"Each of us knew what was at stake but there was a feeling of, 'Let's go out and enjoy this because it's going to be over so quickly'.

"We didn't think our reunion would last beyond that string of gigs." The tour helped cement Gary, Mark, Jason and Howard's relationship as friends but, more importantly, it proved the catalyst for the four to begin writing together.

In the previous incarnation of Take That, Gary Barlow penned all their key songs.

After their split in 1995 he enjoyed considerable success as a solo act - with UK No.1 singles Forever Love and Love Won't Wait - and wrote hits for Atomic Kitten, Donny Osmond, Blue and Delta Goodrem.

Mark never anticipated the new four-way writing collaboration would yield such pop riches as hit singles Patience, Shine, Rule The World and The Greatest Day.

If the UK music industry was surprised by their prowess as writers, so it seems were the band.

Mark said: "First time around I don't think we got enough respect for our music - we struggled to win credibility for our songs. We had to come back with something a real step up musically.

"It wasn't that we didn't take our music seriously before. We were only 18 or 19 years old then.

Gary had always done most of that stuff.

"He had to take a step back, change his way of working and think how we would approach it as a group.

"When we realised we could write together, it was all a happy accident.

"There's definitely much more soul in Take That now. Our music is more grown-up and honest.

"Back then it felt like we were part of a big machine churning things out.

"That's why we called it a day - there was a danger of being swallowed up by all that.

"In 1996, at the end of Take That, Gary was a bit lost in his own thing - and he would even admit that.

"We never got the chance to try anything new. We were so tired, knackered, we knew it was time to stop."

A follow up to the two postreunion group albums - Beautiful World and The Circus - has been put on hold until after this tour.

Mark added: "We've talked about recording another album but nobody is looking beyond these shows.

"People might hate the gigs. Then we will have to call it a day. Hopefully, it won't come to that."

There's no chance of it. This time Take That are back... for good..

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/tv-show....1440106

PoohДата: Понедельник, 15.06.2009, 16:11 | Сообщение # 336
Candy)
Администраторы
Roll up, roll up... Mark Owen

By SHELLEY MATHESON

Published: Today
rigTeaserImage
THIS week Take That’s sell-out Circus tour rolls into town with the boys promising fans the greatest show on earth.

Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald will perform at three dates at Glasgow’s Hampden Park, starting on Friday.

To celebrate, we’re having a Take That week looking at the triumphs and tribulations of the hunky band members. Today SHELLEY MATHESON starts with ‘the cute one’ — Mark Owen.

GORGEOUS Mark Owen won the hearts of millions of fans with his floppy hair and cheeky smile.

Going solo ... Live And Loud bash

Going solo ... Live And Loud bash

He quit his job at Barclay's Bank to join Take That in 1989 - but was initially frustrated at the band's lack of success.

Mark, from Oldham, Greater Manchester, said in 1993: "It was a struggle.

"In the beginning we had a lot of gay guys as fans. They were the only ones who would give us support."

The first album Take That And Party was released in 1992, but 1993's release of Everything Changes - which included smash hit Babe, with Mark on lead vocals - propelled the five-piece into superstardom.

Mark, now 37, became a heart-throb and scooped dozens of teen mag awards for his good looks and even helped one fan recover from a COMA.

The one and Owen-ly ... with band in early days

The one and Owen-ly ... with band in early days

MEN

In 1993, Claire Billingham, 15, was left unconscious after surgery following a brain haemorrhage.

A friend contacted the star and he sent a taped message. Claire regained consciousness when it was played to her.

But the pop hero - and legions of fans - was crushed when best pal in the band Robbie Williams quit in July 1995.

The four remaining members carried on for another eight months before devastating their followers with the news that no one wanted to hear - they were calling it a day.

At the time Mark said: "We gave the fans all we could for six years.

"I won't be going solo. I don't want to be in showbiz unless it's as part of Take That."

Tunnel vision ... after split

Tunnel vision ... after split

But the lure of the entertainment world was too strong and months later his debut solo single Child reached No3, quickly followed by Clementine. But his Album Green Man reached No33 and he was dropped by his record label in 1997. He shed his boy-next-door clean-cut image and grew his hair. He said: "I had to prove there was more to me than a nice haircut and a pretty face. After the split I found a sense of freedom."

But in 2000, he admitted he was jealous of ex-bandmate's Robbie's solo success, saying: "I am gutted by the success that Robbie has had not because I don't like him but because there's a part of me that thinks if I had played my cards right it could have been me."

Two years later he was back in the public eye after winning Celebrity Big Brother and in 2003 album In Your Own Time charted at a disappointing No58. It was followed by How The Mighty Fall in 2005, which reached No32.

After an ITV documentary in 2005, Take That - who now model for M&S - announced plans for a reunion tour... minus Robbie. This was followed by new albums Beautiful World and The Circus with Mark taking lead vocals on hits Shine and Up All Night.

Mark - who lives in the Lake District with fiancйe Emma Ferguson, and kids Elwood Jack, two, and Willow Rose, six months - said: "This is my second chance of a comeback and I'm determined to make it work.

"Not many people get a second bite of the cherry."
http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol....ow.html

PoohДата: Четверг, 18.06.2009, 20:51 | Сообщение # 337
Candy)
Администраторы
Script and Take That plan karaoke

Irish pop rock band The Script are one of the busiest bands on the planet at the moment. They're supporting Take That, they're appearing at the Isle of Wight festival and, to top all of that, they're playing five nights in a row in London. They told Newsbeat how they're coping and revealed Take That have even invited them to sing karaoke after their Dublin concert.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_8095000/8095942.stm

PoohДата: Понедельник, 22.06.2009, 21:00 | Сообщение # 338
Candy)
Администраторы
Girl power takes over
Take That’s concerts saw female fans from the 1990s return with their daughters. They also hint, writes Edd McCracken, at a shift in the balance of power over who decides what music is listened to

FOR ANYONE wanting a glimpse of the future, the 6.05pm from Glasgow Central Station to Mount Florida on Friday provided it. As the train passed through suburbs such as Pollockshields, Shawlands, and Langside the carriages' population and mood changed. The usual commuters were filleted off, shuffling back to their homes south of the Clyde. Songs began to be sung, enthusiastically if not in key. The dominant colour switched from business grey to hen-party pink. And with every passing station, men became ever more outnumbered.

Some Darwinists believe that within several thousand years mankind, aided by technology, will have evolved in a way as to render males redundant. On Friday night, over five miles, this process took a mere 20 minutes.

The reason for this microcosmic acceleration is Take That. It is the first night of the biggest concerts of the summer. Driven by the loyalty of their mainly female fans, Mark, Gary, Howard, and Jason have sold out Hampden three nights in a row, equal to more than 150,000 tickets.
advertisement

This circus-themed arena tour, part of their hugely successful comeback, has led some to believe that the days when men's CD collections dictated what is heard in the nation's arenas may be coming to an end.

In comparison, music's equivalent of Old Spice aftershave - Bruce Springsteen, AC/DC, Coldplay, and U2 - are only staging one night each at the venue, while the Lynx deodorant of the live entertainment, Oasis, managed just one night at Edinburgh's Murrayfield last Wednesday.

The streets around Hampden look like match day in reverse. Feather boas replace scarves, Take That flags and "The Hampden Phwoar" banners fly instead of football colours, women replace men as the majority.

Janice Stewart, who travelled from Irvine for the concert, looks out into the gathering crowd of 30-something women. She has a theory about what has fuelled the success of Take That's comeback.

"It's women living in the past, basically," she said. "It's about looking back to the 1990s when we were young. For me it is anyway. I'm reliving my youth."

There are also a large number of girls who are in the full flush of youth first time around. Four men in their late 30s dressed in sensible clothes singing the virtues of patience seems to play well with a demographic more associated with teenage crushes and having things, like, now.

"It's not just mums or women in their 30s that like them," said Lynda Hunter, from Glasgow. "Youngsters like them too. They're always on the radio. My daughter knows all their songs. She loves them. She's not coming though. I want a night out with my pals."

Many mums have brought their daughters, however. Kathleen Muir, 53, and her daughter, Laura Bradshaw, 24, have come from Kilsyth. It is hard to know who is the biggest fan. Both bob up and down at the turnstiles waiting to enter the stadium, and descend into giggling when contemplating the night ahead.

Hampden is full of family outings. Somerville Drive, leading from the station to the stadium, is packed with what looks like several generations of families taking snaps of themselves for the family album.

To be fair, the male proportion of the crowd is healthy. Looking out into the 50,000 people filing into the stadium, which at times resembles an explosion in a party supply factory, balding pates and short back and sides can be seen amidst the cowboy hats, feather boas, and rabbit ears.

Bruce Renwick, from Kelso, is here with his wife, Beverly, and seems quite happy about it. This is the first time he has seen the band. And he is not afraid to admit that his interest, which began back in the school canteen, was as practical as much as musical.

"All the good-looking girls at school liked Take That, so I took an interest," he said. "It was almost as if we were made to like Take That to get the girls."

And then there is the gay community. When Take That first emerged in the early 1990s their high N-RG dance moves and short shorts made them gay pin-ups. It is a following that has stayed with them through to the more mature ballads and Marks and Spencer suits of the comeback albums.

Adrian McMeechin was at their last show in Manchester before they split up. "I was in the third row," he said. "I had a banner and everything. It said: I love you Howard.'"

This is the first time he has seen them since. He admits that Take That concerts have benefit attractions beyond the musical: "I've also just split up with my boyfriend, so I'm checking out the talent," he said.

For Vicky Macdonald it is a pilgrimage. The Forfar resident has never seen Take That before. She is dressed as befits one who is about to receive a religious pop experience: draped in a technicolour Take That flag, hidden behind large sunglasses, and topped by a marshmallow pink cowboy hat with her heroes faces glued on. "I am in awe," she said, dancing with excitement. She was a fan first time around but had small children at the time.

"We weren't able to go see them," she said. "Our money was too precious to be spending it on a gig. But now my kids have grown up, this is our time. Absolutely."

Macdonald may hold the key to why Take That have given the laddish Oasis, grandfatherly Bruce Springsteen, and the testosterone-flecked AC/DC a bloody nose this summer. Gennaro Castaldo from music and film retailer HMV has noticed a shift in the entertainment world. And it is armed with a handbag full of disposable cash.

"The reason why these guys are so successful was first time around they were playing to young female audiences who made all the noise, wore all the gear, but didn't necessarily have the disposable income to go out and see them," he said. "Second time around these same people are now married, they have more disposable income, so they can go see them and take their daughters with them.

"As a consumer and a decision maker the power of women has never been greater. The more live venue owners, record labels, movie studios see that, the more they will cater to it."

Hollywood is catching on as well. Year dot for female orientated movies could well be 2008. In the summer of male-friendly fare such as The Dark Knight and Wanted, Sex and The City clattered through on high heels to became a huge hit. But even Carrie Bradshaw and co. were overshadowed by Mamma Mia.

The Abba musical became the highest grossing film of all time in the UK, using a song and dance to scamper to the top rather than car chases and explosions.

"I think Hollywood has failed to maximise its potential by underestimating its female audience," said Charles Gant, box office blogger and film critic for Heat magazine.

"Studios are constantly being surprised by its potency. Each time it is like they are discovering it for the first time, such as the success of something like Mamma Mia and Sex and the City. At the root of this is the assumptions around couples' behaviour, which is that girls will go to boys' movies and men will not go to girls' movies. That assumption takes an awful lot of shaking."

Thanks to the time involved in making a film, the fruits of Mamma Mia's success will not be seen until next summer. Whether the movie industry becomes more feminised permanently, as opposed to opportunistically, will depend on the success of the next Sex and the City film, out in 2010.

Some movie insiders are sceptical about whether Mamma Mia marks any real change, however. "The last big, big success that was seen as driven by a female audience was Thelma and Louise," said Sandra Hedron, director of the London International Film Festival. "That was in 1991. That's a long time for the movie industry to be wondering if it will make something for a female audience. I'm sceptical about the idea of a massive change."

But in other art forms women rule the roost - nowhere more so than in books. In fiction 80% of all readers are women, according to a 2007 survey. Women also tend to buy more books as presents.

"It is a largely female market and publishers react accordingly," said Marion Sinclair from Publishing Scotland. "Romance and Mills and Boon, for example, sell huge quantities. Men, by comparison tend to get turned off reading at school. And when they do read they don't like things that are imaginative, they prefer to deal with facts."

If women boycotted gigs or movies neither industry would grind to a standstill. Both still have a natural male bias. But to witness Hampden on Friday is potentially to see the balance being redressed.

Take That fittingly finish their spectacular show with a recent song, Rule The World. Their adoring female fans sing along, arms and mobile phones aloft. Soon, they very well might.
http://www.sundayherald.com/news....0.0.php

PoohДата: Понедельник, 22.06.2009, 23:08 | Сообщение # 339
Candy)
Администраторы
Pop superstars Take That could be on their way to Craven.

The chart-topping former boy band are to be invited to open Settle’s new hydro-electric plant.

And that dream celebrity opening ceremony is not beyond the realms of possibility because band member Jason Orange is among the shareholders in the scheme.

Settle Hydro Ltd director Ann Harding told the Herald: “I can’t say how many shares he’s bought, but he has definitely bought some through a financial management company he deals with and who told him about them.

“We hope that Take That will be able to come along and open the plant when it is completed. I will certainly make inquiries and ask them.”

If the band – who are currently on a £50 million concert tour of the UK and Ireland – come to the opening ceremony it will be almost a home from home for one of the members, Mark Owen; he used to live near Kirkby Lonsdale.

Jason Orange is likely to take a keen interest in the hydro scheme. He is said to be very conscious of his impact on the environment. He also claims to eat organic foods and only shops in health food stores.

Work started on the £300,000 green energy project on Monday and it is scheduled to take 74 days. The main part of the programme is the installation of the Archemedian Screw which will generate electricity through water power from the River Ribble at Bridge End Weir, in Settle.

The directors of Settle Hydro expect that they will be producing clean, green, renewable energy from a sustainable source by the end of the year.

The project has the backing of Yorkshire Forward, Future Energy Yorkshire and 165 individual shareholders.

Mrs Harding said that Jason Orange was just one of a number of celebrity shareholders and these will be disclosed once permission has been gained.

Visitors are welcome to go along to the site during the building work and take photographs, but are asked to obey the signs and not enter the building site itself for reasons of safety.

It is also understood that the project is being filmed through to its completion by the BBC.

A number of shareholder days are being planned for the summer to encourage people to go along and have a look at the progress.

Interested parties will be able to keep up with proceedings by logging onto the greensettle.org website, as well as Facebook in the near future.

Around £100,000 of the revenue towards the project has come from the sale of shares.
http://www.cravenherald.co.uk/news...._scheme

CarmenLGДата: Вторник, 23.06.2009, 18:38 | Сообщение # 340
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Take That: New split would be 'very hard'
Singer Howard Donald speaks about his fame fears and w***ing confessions

By ANDREI HARMSWORTH - Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Take That admit they live in fear of slipping back into obscurity if they were to split for a second time.
Singer Howard Donald says he's worried superstardom could abandon him once again, like it did following the group's break up in the nineties.

Donald, who has admitted feeling suicidal during his days in the shadows, says he'd find it 'very hard' to cope again.

'I think if it was all to end when the tour finishes on July 5, and it all went disastrously wrong, then it would be very hard…' he said.

Meanwhile, the singer, 41, also says he now regrets admitting the band's mutual masturbating competitions with ex member Robbie Williams in a previous interview.

He told Time Out in a band interview: 'We probably exposed ourselves a bit too much. Especially me. I shouldn't have talked about wanking competitions.'

However, fellow singer Jason Orange wants to take their admissions with a pinch of salt.

Orange, 38, added: 'Those are dead funny anecdotes: they might follow us around, but only for a laugh.'

Defending their antics, Orange said 'Wanking competitions? All boys do that' after Howard revealed Robbie 'won' the contests.

But referring to Howard's suicidal thoughts after boys lost their fame, Orange said: 'But I think the more serious revelations are like what you (Howard) were saying about how you felt afterwards. Reel feelings.'

Meanwhile, Orange taunted Gary Barlow and Mark Owen for hogging all the limelight after Howard revealed he only gets asked to open the odd 'local shop'.

Orange said: 'I get asked to do stuff like that, but I reckon it's only you and me. They must have conversations like: 'We can't get Gary and Mark, they're really important, they're too big for this. What are those other two k***heads called. The two lanky guys at the back?'

The boys finish their sell out tour with four shows at Wembley at the start of this month.

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame....ge_id=7

PoohДата: Вторник, 23.06.2009, 19:48 | Сообщение # 341
Candy)
Администраторы
Quote (CarmenLG)
Take That: New split would be 'very hard'

OH NO sad No split PLEASE pray pray pray

bluegirlДата: Вторник, 23.06.2009, 22:26 | Сообщение # 342
Истинная Кенгурятина
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Какой нафиг сплит??????????? Вы че????? Ааааааааааааааааааааааа

PoohДата: Среда, 24.06.2009, 23:28 | Сообщение # 343
Candy)
Администраторы
ake That's Howard Donald has said that he'd find it pretty hard if Take That were to split again, having previously admitted that he felt suicidal the first time they broke up back in 1996.
He reportedly told Time Out: "I think if it was all to end when the tour finishes on July 5, and it all went disastrously wrong, then it would be very hard".

He also said that he regretted admitting in past interviews that he and Robbie Williams had engaged in "wanking competitions" back in the early days of the group, but Jason Orange commented: "Those are dead funny anecdotes. They might follow us around, but only for a laugh. I think the more serious revelations are like what you were saying about how you felt afterwards. Real feelings".

Yeeuch, wanking competitions. I didn't hear about that the first time around. If he hadn't mentioned it now, I'd never have known.
http://www.musicrooms.net/rock-an....92.html

CarmenLGДата: Четверг, 25.06.2009, 13:38 | Сообщение # 344
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Take That fancy a crack at Hollywood
By 3am 25/06/2009

Take That are telling us that they now fancy a crack at Hollywood - in an Ocean's 11-style movie.

Well into their sell-out Circus tour, they even went to a recent crew party dressed as the stars of the film.

Jason said: "I was Brad Pitt, Howard was George Clooney and Mark was Matt Damon."

Bless Gary.

Though he's lost weight, he joked: "I was James Corden."

And, just to prove they don't mind if the joke's on them, Jason tells Time Out: "We've another film on the go - called Reservoir Dicks."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs....1469514

PoohДата: Четверг, 25.06.2009, 21:31 | Сообщение # 345
Candy)
Администраторы
CarmenLG, FUNNY happy

PoohДата: Суббота, 27.06.2009, 13:33 | Сообщение # 346
Candy)
Администраторы
That That and party.. with excitable child

Jun 25 2009 Shari Low

For most of this month, alarm clocks have been officially redundant in our house.

7am. Some time early June. "Fourteen more sleeps mum!" announced eight year-old Low junior, who inherited his mother's over-enthusiasm and uncontrollable glee genes.

A few days later: "Eight sleeps, mum!" This time he added carefully choreographed dance moves. There was definite pointing to the sky, to the floor, to the sky, to the floor.

"Four sleeps mum!" Kick, flick, slide to the side. It was either a hip new dance routine or the Slosh - I was too tired to tell.

"Mum, it's tonight! Tonight! Whenever I'm wrong, just tell me the song and I'll sing it - you'll be right and understood."

The last bit was warbled. At volume. With actions.

It couldn't be clearer if Robbie Williams wrote it on the back of his lion underpants and wiggled his buttocks in front of me - playing those Take That songs in the car when Low junior was a baby had left its mark... and its Gary, Jason and Howard.

And now my child was beside himself with excitement because he was going to his first concert ever and it was TAKE THAT! That's how he says it - in capitals.

One day, when he's old enough to handle the truth, I'll confess that the acquisition of his ticket was a massive fluke.

On the morning the briefs went on sale, my girlfriends and I hit the phones the minute the lines opened figuring one of the four of us would get through.

To be honest, I wasn't too fussed. I'm more of a rock chick at heart, although my inner Red Hot Chilli Pepper topped itself a few weeks ago when it caught me singing along to a Hannah Montana song. But back to the Take That ticket scramble.

Four women, four phones, yet we hadn't foreseen the obvious. Twenty four tickets later, we were ready to set up our own agency.

The result was everyone we'd ever known got a Take That ticket for their birthday, Easter or anniversary and Low Junior was front of the queue, given they're his "very favourite band and even better than McFly".

When the day finally came, it was impossible not to get caught up in the excitement. I felt 18 again - minus the Malibu and pineapples, size 10 hips and dodgy taste in men.

We had a quick practice of our moves to Relight My Fire - and yes, I'm already saving for the therapy bills where he'll blame his inability to form lasting relationships in adulthood on the fact his mum made him pretend to be Lulu. I was Gary Barlow.

Note, the over-active imagination is an occupational hazard - it's the same mechanism that allowed me to write a scene this week involving a private jet and sun-drenched seven star island despite the fact I'm more Nitshill than Necker.

So did the reality match the pre-show hype? Yes, THEY WERE INCREDIBLE!

The best concert I've ever been to. Even my inner rock chick had a fantastic time. The spectacular stage show, the vocals, the atmosphere... just outstanding.

So I'm a convert. A Take Thatter. I desperately hope the rumours that they will tour again next year are true, but haven't told Low junior because I don't want to stir him into a frenzy just yet. So keep it to a whisper... 365 more sleeps!
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/comment....1469654

PoohДата: Суббота, 27.06.2009, 19:46 | Сообщение # 347
Candy)
Администраторы
NO ONE could ever fill MICHAEL JACKSON’s slip-on shoes over the next six months at the O2.

But word is filtering out that tour promoters AEG are already working on a benefit gig to give fans a chance to see a host of A-list stars turning out in honour of the King of Pop.

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, DIANA ROSS, SIR PAUL McCARTNEY, BEYONCE KNOWLES, USHER, Michael’s nephews 3T and LEONA LEWIS have all had an early approach.

AEG need to pull something out of the bag quick.

In a fortnight, the O2 will be the best place to hear an echo unless they can get someone else in.

I was in Sunderland a few weeks ago for the first night of TAKE THAT’s Circus Tour.

GARY BARLOW told me that he felt like the band hadn’t booked enough dates and wished they had more stadia to play.

Gary, MARK OWEN, HOWARD DONALD and JASON ORANGE are well rehearsed, their production is ready to rock and they would be a great shout to save the day.

If everyone who had a ticket refund could rebook to see the Circus Tour, new dates would sell out in minutes.

A source said: “There were gentle inquiries about Take That stepping in if Jacko couldn’t do all his dates.

“The lads are heading off on holiday for two months after their Wembley dates next week but you never know after that?”

Jacko was the only remaining pop star capable of filling the 20,000-capacity venue for 50 nights on the spin.

But the show must go on, as hard as that sounds, and 50 primetime slots are now going begging at the O2.

And with only two weeks before This Is It was due to kick off, the race is on to find replacements.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....on.html

CarmenLGДата: Вторник, 07.07.2009, 03:04 | Сообщение # 348
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Take That Wins Award And Donates To Charity
July 6, 2009 by Tim Saunders

British boy band Take That has made a major donation to charity following winning a coveted award during the weekend.

Singer Gary Barlow announced they would be giving £50,000 to Nordoff-Robbins, the UK’s leading independent provider of music therapy service, after they took home their second Silver Clef award at the Intercontinental Hotel in London on Friday.

Hosted by Denise Van Outen, this year’s Silver Clef event raised more than £400,000 for the charity. As well as some memorable performances, the event featured an auction of one-off music memorabilia items, including a one-off Mini Cooper designed by former Silver Clef recipient Paul Weller, and a £10 note signed by Take That that was sold for £2,000. The annual event has raised over £7.5m for Nordoff-Robbins over the years.

Also honored at the awards were Queen, Brian Wilson and Madness.

http://www.looktothestars.org/news....charity

CarmenLGДата: Вторник, 07.07.2009, 13:19 | Сообщение # 349
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Celebrities name songs that inspire them

Take That star Mark Owen strikes an Elvis-like pose as the rest of his band look on and contemplate their musical inspirations.

Published: 7:00AM BST 07 Jul 2009

Howard Donald, Jason Orange, Gary Barlow and Mark Owen, pose for the new book - Inspired* by music for The Prince's Trust.

The chart-topping stars – who have just played a series of shows at Wembley Stadium – feature in a new charity fund-raising book in which a series of famous faces talk about the tunes which have shaped their lives.

Inspired* By Music will raise money for the Prince's Trust and goes on sale from Friday.

Despite Owen's leather look and silky moves, Take That's choice of music is a world away from rock'n'roll. The band have chosen the ballad Don't Give Up by Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel.

Gary Barlow said of the track: "I don't think you can listen to this song without feeling inspired, it could save anybody. The lyrics are so inspirational.

"Specifically I was having a very low moment in the 1990s and the song came on the radio. There have only been a very few times when I've had to pull the car over to listen to a song – this was one of them.

However the choice wasn't unanimous. Howard Donald said: "It was a majority decision and I got outvoted. I would have chosen Someone Saved My Life Tonight by Elton John.

"Saying that, I really like the song and can see why it inspired Gary. If you're going through a low point in your life it's a beautiful song to sing."

The Prince Of Wales wrote the foreword to the new book – which also features choices by figures such as Al Pacino, Sharon Osbourne and Kevin Spacey.

The Prince said: "It seems to me that music is a fascinating phenomenon because, on the one hand, it is a truly universal language that knows no barriers of origin, creed or circumstance, and therefore has the capacity to engage us all.

"On the other, its expression and enjoyment is entirely personal, and so often the memory of a particular piece of music is bound up with an event in our lives."

Award-winning photographer Cambridge Jones took exclusive portraits of the stars and young people supported by The Prince's Trust for the book, which has been sponsored by Starbucks and will be sold by the coffee firm, as well as by bookshops.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture....em.html

PoohДата: Понедельник, 13.07.2009, 20:08 | Сообщение # 350
Candy)
Администраторы
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns....1109302

TAKE THAT FAN NOEL GALLAGHER

Oasis rocker Noel Gallagher is a secret pop fans, and among his favourites are Take That, Lady Gaga and Girls Aloud.

Noel Gallagher loves Take That, Lady Gaga and Girls Aloud.

The Oasis rocker has a secret penchant for the trio of pop acts, but reserved special praise for the 'Back For Good' stars' current 'Circus' tour - which saw them supported by 'Poker Face' singer Lady Gaga.

He said: "Take That are smashing it up with their tour. It couldn't happen to a bunch of nicer lads.

I don't mind Lady Gaga, she has that bra with the things coming out. The name says it all though doesn't it? Unbelievably crackers, but she's got a great voice.

"I don't mind Girls Aloud, Kimberley Walsh is my favourite."

Despite his love of pop music, Noel does not approve of some of his brother, Oasis singer Liam Gallagher's friends.

He said: "The concert we did which was broadcast on TV in 2000 was momentous because Liam had been up all night drinking strong lager with one of the lads from Steps. It was one of the longest shows in history for me, I couldn't wait to get off the stage.

"It's alright if you're hanging out with Bobby Gillespie or someone but when it's like, 'Where have you been?' 'I've been out with Mel B.' It's not right."

Форум Take That & Robbie » TAKE THAT Forever » Back for good » Новости (Новости о ребятках)
Поиск: