[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 3
  • »
Форум Take That & Robbie » TAKE THAT Forever » The Circus » 19-21 June 09 - Glasgow Hampden Park (Английское турне - лето 2009)
19-21 June 09 - Glasgow Hampden Park
PoohДата: Среда, 29.10.2008, 23:35 | Сообщение # 1
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
Билеты в продаже с 9 часов утра по английскому времени в эту пятницу - 31 Октября.
Билеты можно купить:

Ticketmaster UK - http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Live Nation - http://www.livenation.co.uk

SeeTickets - http://www.seetickets.com

TicketLine - http://www.ticketline.co.uk

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Пятница, 31.10.2008, 21:11 | Сообщение # 2
Candy)
Администраторы
TAKE That can't wait to come to Hampden next year, but they admit they're worried fans will rip them to pieces.

Last time the band appeared in Scotland, some fans drew blood as they tried to get close to their idols.

Howard Donald told the Razz: "It was really horrible. Well, no, it wasn't really. . .

"Last time we were in Scotland, we did the bit where we walk through the crowd. We were ripped to pieces. There was blood and Mark got scratched a bit."

The guys reckon that next year's tour will be slightly tamer as they are bringing their families with them. Howard, dad to Grace, nine, and Lola, three, said: "Our older daughter is not on holiday when we are on some parts of the tour, so it might be a case of taking her out of school. I think a stadium tour is something not to be missed."

Howard, 40, has no plans to put Grace on stage, despite the fact she has shown some musical talents.

He said: "She is great on the drums and is learning to play piano.

"But she's too young to come up on stage."

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Пятница, 05.12.2008, 23:02 | Сообщение # 3
Candy)
Администраторы
Добавилась сюда ещё одна дата 21 июня! Что-то они так на ЮКЕЙ настроились я уже начала про Европу переживать sad

CarmenLGДата: Пятница, 19.06.2009, 19:58 | Сообщение # 4
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 9
http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv....t-crowd

Take That: "Scottish fans are the best crowd"

As thousands of Take That fans head to Hampden to enjoy the Circus tour, the band says that Scottish fans are a fantastic crowd.

The waiting is over. Tonight the circus is in town as Take That bring their tour to Hampden for the first of three Glasgow Stadium dates, and they have promised fans, this is set to be one of the greatest Take That shows ever.

Speaking to the Daily Record, Howard Donald said: “Scottish people are the best crowd.

“The further North you go the better and the louder.”

Howard also spoke of his DJ set in Glasgow recently and told the Record: “I was DJ-ing in Glasgow and the number of fans there was incredible… But the Scots are a fantastic crowd.”

A trim and fit Gary Barlow, who earlier this year climbed Mount Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief, added: “It’s always a good concert for us when we come to the SECC but we thought we’d go bigger and put on a show. Here we are playing three Hampden Stadium dates and it is incredible.”

So what can fans expect?

The £10 million circus-themed stage is rumoured to include a giant mechanical elephant and 10.4m-high puppet ringmaster.

Will they be pulling out the classics as well as their more recent hits?

You bet! Get your lighters ready and get ready to sway along to A Million Love Songs and The Greatest Day, then hold on to your pink cowgirl hats as Could It Be Magic and Shine really get the party going.

As it looks like the sunshine is pushing through the clouds, it seems today really is going to be the Greatest Day for the army of Scottish Take That fans descending upon Hampden.

Will you be there? We will! You can read our full review after the show and remember to leave your comments and tell us how much you loved the gig and all about your favourite moments from the show. Got a Take That story? Met the boys? Email us at entertainment@stv.tv

Wonder if I can still squeeze into my I Love Mark T-shirt?

Last updated: 19 June 2009, 16:35

PoohДата: Суббота, 20.06.2009, 20:11 | Сообщение # 5
Candy)
Администраторы
http://www.youtube.com/user/lisam6155
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaddaMhazza
http://www.youtube.com/user/jgemslie

CarmenLGДата: Суббота, 20.06.2009, 21:39 | Сообщение # 6
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Some pics from Glasgow...

PoohДата: Суббота, 20.06.2009, 21:43 | Сообщение # 7
Candy)
Администраторы
CarmenLG, thanks thats great smile smile smile

CarmenLGДата: Воскресенье, 21.06.2009, 01:02 | Сообщение # 8
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ

MaryДата: Воскресенье, 21.06.2009, 12:36 | Сообщение # 9
Now I met you where the lights are...
VIP Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 87
CarmenLG,
Cool pictures!

I ran a thousand miles to be by your side...

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 21.06.2009, 13:31 | Сообщение # 10
Candy)
Администраторы
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums....757.flv

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 21.06.2009, 21:57 | Сообщение # 11
Candy)
Администраторы
Take That wow Hampden crowd with super show

Jun 20 2009 By Beverley Lyons

THE famous Hampden roar was heard again last night - as Take That scored a winner in front of their Scottish fans.

The band thrilled the 50,000 crowd at the national stadium with an unforgettable gig - the first of three at the venue.

Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, Mark Owen and Jason Orange were on top of their game from the minute they bounced on stage.

And they heaped praise on their Scots fans.

Howard said: "Scotland, can I just say, I feel on top of the world performing in front of 50,000. Scotland has the best atmosphere."

As the crowd sang along, Jason added: "You people sing beautifully."

Before the show, the guys told The Record: "It's fantastic to be here for three days and we can't wait to put on a concert every night.

"We need to be on stage at the right time every night before nine o'clock otherwise the police will give us trouble for keeping the crowd waiting."

Based on their recent Circus album, their show featured acrobats, trapeze artists and ringmasters.

And giant balloons filled the stage for the boys' own tribute to Cirque du Soleil.

They rattled out hits including Could It Be Magic, Pray, A Million Love Songs and Back For Good before leaping on a giant elephant that took them from a smaller round stage in the centre of the audience to the circus - the main stage at the back of the stadium.

The face paint was donned for another series of classic tunes and the crowd were thrilled as they ended with Hold Up A Light and Rule The World.

It was a special night and Mark even encouraged the audience to perform their own encore - a rousing version of Flower Of Scotland.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2009....1456847

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 21.06.2009, 21:58 | Сообщение # 12
Candy)
Администраторы
Scottish crowds are the best and the loudest, says Take That star Howard Donald

Jun 19 2009 By John Dingwall

TAKE THAT have hailed Scottish fans the best in the UK as they prepare for the first of three Hampden Stadium dates on their Circus tour extravaganza.

The legendary group - Gary Barlow, Jason Orange, Howard Donald and Mark Owen - will be performing acrobatic tricks and riding unicycles as well as singing hits from their massive back catalogue.

And they admit they are expecting the Hampden roar to be the extra factor that guarantees the Scots dates will be remembered as the greatest Take That shows ever.

"Scottish people are the best crowd," Howard said.

"The further north you go the better and the louder. It is true. I am going down quite a few scales here but I was DJ-ing about six weeks ago in Glasgow and the number of fans there was incredible.

"They were all just stood there around the DJ box staring at me. I felt like a fish in a goldfish bowl. It was weird. But the Scots are a fantastic crowd."

Last-minute adjustments to the massive stage set are being made today, ahead of support slots by Gary Go and girl group The Saturdays.

"The show always comes together in the last few days," Howard admitted.

"The choreography gets sorted but the technical side of things, because they have to get all the stage equipment set up, always happens at the last minute. It's worrying but also exciting.

"If the show comes together too early, a week or two with everything polished, it takes away from the magic of the occasion because you become a little too relaxed.

"It's much better if you are still trying to get things right and it just comes together a day or two before the first of the shows on the tour. It can be exciting and nerve-racking."

Gary added: "We have been blown away with the amount of tickets we've sold this time out in Scotland.

"It's always a good concert for us when we come to the SECC but we thought we'd go bigger and put one show on. Here we are, playing three Hampden stadium dates and it is incredible.

"It's the support of fans like those here in Scotland that have helped us to put on such a big show this time around. Because the more tickets we sell the bigger the budget to go the whole hog and give fans even better value for money."

The £10million circus-themed stage will include a giant mechanical elephant and a 10.4m-high puppet ringmaster. But, despite the scale of the shows, Howard insists he was just as happy DJ-ing in clubs up and down the country and across Europe prior to Take That getting back together.

"I was offin my own little world," he recalled.

"To be honest, I was happy DJ-ing and I was crossing over as a known DJ around Europe. The name Howard Donald from Take That helped to open that door and helped me to get into that scene and I was enjoying myself.

"I never thought Take That would ever re-form. If ever I did have that thought, it was that we would get back together and be playing in little theatres to two or three thousand people.

"That was what was going through my mind if it was ever to have happened. And look at it. The first gigs we did in 2006 were stadiums. We and playing to 1.2 million people.

"I'm really surprised. The fact that we finished on top in 1996, finishing with a No 1 helped. We made good music that lived through radio all that time. I hate to blow my own trumpet but we were a great band, We did great live shows and made good music but I never expected what we have now."

The fastest-selling shows in UK pop music history will see the band performing a set list that includes pop classics, A Million Love Songs, The Greatest Day, Could it be Magic? and Shine.

Jason hopes he cab savour every moment spent in Scotland.

He said: "We're going to try to grasp it and love it and be fully involved with it and not let it go by too fast. I remember we toured at the start of the 1990s and did a big tour.We came to Scotland and it was the first time we were outside Manchester.

"We did mainly gay clubs around Glasgow and a lot of other clubs. It was brilliant.We've always had a fantastic reaction up there."

Gary added: "What really shocked us about the last lot of shows was when we walked out and saw everybody there, older fans through to young kids. It seems that no matter what age you are there is something you can find to like about Take That, which is brilliant for us."

Perhaps the only surprise is that Howard is completely unaware of the other big pop gig this week, that of Susan Boyle's Britain's Got Talent appearances in Glasgow and Edinburgh. He is one of the few people in the UK who has yet to hear SuBo sing.

"I haven't heard Susan Boyle because I didn't watch Britain's Got Talent," he said. "But I know she has curly hair through the newspapers. That's all."

And, like Susan, Howard is unlikely to get peace to see the sights even if he does have some down time during his Scottish leg of Take That's tour.

He said: "I hope there will be down time. When you are doing a tour and you get in late at night, you are so hyped up and you have the blood still rushing through your veins.

"I don't end up going to bed until two in the morning and I really like my sleep so I will be getting up at 11, eating my breakfast before 12 and getting out the door at one o'clock so most of my day is already gone.

"I have been asked to do after parties and I really want to do them but at the same time I have to get my rest as well."

So, how will the Take That shows compare to Howard and the lads' previous visits to Scotland?

Howard adds: "The choreography has calmed down a bit but there is still as much energy as the last few shows of the 1990s.

"It's still as colourful and, to be honest, I think this show now is probably the best we have ever done. I always say that with each tour, but I really believe this is the best show we have ever done. Definitely, in my eyes, whatever the people think... this is the one."
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/enterta....1453352

ЛеончикДата: Воскресенье, 21.06.2009, 22:06 | Сообщение # 13
МОЯ ЛЮБИМАЯ МАРКОВКА
Награды: 10
Pooh, CarmenLG, Has broken my heart. wink

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 21.06.2009, 22:57 | Сообщение # 14
Candy)
Администраторы
Take That, Never Forget - Hampden, 19.06.09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dy66qkVZPQ
http://www.youtube.com/user/jaitken22

PoohДата: Понедельник, 22.06.2009, 08:43 | Сообщение # 15
Candy)
Администраторы
Take That Circus Tour review: you’ll Never Forget this show

Take That's Circus Tour - complete with giant elephant, trapeze artists and every Take That hit, stuns and delights fans at Hampden stadium, Glasgow.

Take That Circus Tour review: you’ll Never Forget this show

It was one of the most hotly anticipated concerts of the year, and as Take That took to the stage in a packed Hampden Stadium Glasgow, they did not disappoint.

Quite literally from start to finish, the show was spectacular and unlike any other concert I, or indeed this city, have ever seen.

Making my way into Hampden through a sea of pink cowgirl hats and a crowd of 50,000 fans made up mostly of women largely the wrong side of 30 screaming like they were 14 again, was a fascinating experience in itself! The atmosphere was electric and from the onset you could sense this was going to be a special night.

The magic commenced when clowns appeared in the middle of the audience blowing bubbles and riding on a mechanical cart covered in balloons, heading for a circular stage in amongst the heart of the crowd. As they performed a mime routine to eery music-box music, it seemed completely surreal but the perfect introduction for the show that was too follow.

As more and more balloons filled the centre stage, the crowd began to sense what was happening - and they were right. Suddenly Gary, Mark, Howard and Jason appeared from amongst the balloons looking stunning in black suits which were clearly not M&S off the shelf numbers. The fans went wild, even the reluctant husbands who were clearly only there to do the ‘right thing’, cracked a smile.

Fittingly, the band opened with Greatest Day and Gary Barlow’s vocals were perfect and reminded the fans (not that they needed it) why almost 20 years on from when they first started, Take That remain one of Britain’s most loved and respected bands.

Mark, who still looks as adorable as ever, had the ladies going wild with his performance of pop track, Hello.

Then, it was when the ‘magic’ really happened (couldn’t resist). Time for a classic with Could It Be Magic. Robbie Williams originally sang this song in the band but now Gary does lead vocals. Did it seem strange not to have Robbie there singing along with his cheeky grin? Not with Gary’s powerful voice taking the lead. One thing that made me chuckle though was for all that Gary looks fantastically in shape nowadays, especially after his Mount Kilimanjaro climb, he still can’t really dance. He tries bless him, but looks a little bit like your dad crossed with David Brent from The Office!

Howard told the crowd: “I feel on top of the world. Scotland has the best atmosphere!”

Next up was another favourite, Pray. Jason, Howard and Mark performed some stunningly sexy dance moves to this one proving they’ve still got it, much to delight of fans old and new.

Another classic followed and the crowd knew they were in for a treat when Mike Stevens appeared on stage, saxophone in hand. It could mean only one thing – A Million Love Songs. Time to dig out your lighter / mobile phone and sway along to the tear jerker.
Mike has led the Take That musicians since 1993 and his sax playing adds a subtle but beautiful touch to one of Gary Barlow’s most popular songs.

The final song in this segment was Back For Good. As the band stood centre stage in amongst their adoring fans, shoots of water suddenly appeared around them, encapsulating them in a fountain. It looked stunning and was another magical element to the slickest, most technically and visually amazing show I have seen.

But the best was yet to come...
The boys put on silver circus master style jackets and suddenly, up through the stage appeared a giant elephant made of silk panels with dancers hanging from different parts of the structure moving its ears, trunk and even performing as its tail. Sounds like I was hallucinating but this really had to be seen to be believed. Gary, Mark, Jason and Howard rode in the giant structure which took them to the main stage, brilliantly designed like a section of the ‘big top.’

This is literally a show where every five minutes you will be amazed and think that they can’t possibly top it, but the audio and visual delights just keep coming.

Time for the more recent tracks taken from Number one album and tour title, Circus. The Garden and then Shine followed. Although it’s difficult to hear Shine and not think of a well known supermarket chain, this performance was incredible. A cast of about 50 circus performers and dancers flew from trapezes, made up a human Ferris wheel and swung from great heights. It really was mind blowing!

Mark Owen then started a rendition of Flower of Scotland (much to the delight of fans) before singing fun hit Up All Night, complete with Jason on guitar, Howard on drums, Gary on keys and Mark himself playing bass. Is there no end to their talents?

Jason then told the crowd that there was bad news as he was about to sing, but for all that he and Howard are known as dancers more than singers, his performances of Wooden Boat, a country style song, and the rockier How Did It Come To This, highlight that he does actually have talents beyond his incredible moves.

Musical maestro Gary Barlow took to the grand piano next for The Circus whilst a tight rope walker performed over the crowd, almost slipping at one point.

Howard then sang What Is Love which saw the boys dressed in clown outfits, come on stage and paint clown faces on to themselves as they performed. Bizarre but very effective.

Cue the medley! With one thrust of Howards hips (ahhh) it was time for more classics: Do What You Like / It Only Takes a Minute / Take That and Party. As fans who remembered these songs from the first time around sang along with youngsters who also knew every word, Take That performed on unicycles down a runway amongst the crowd. A hilarious touch came when Gary appeared on a kids' bike complete with stabilisers.

Further acrobatics from the supporting cast provided the perfect backdrop for beautiful ballad Said It All and then it was time for Never Forget. It may sound corny, but the onstage visuals and tap dancing soldiers ensure this is a show you never will forget. The entire audience raised their hands to clap along to the anthemic song – even my colleague Julia who refuses to sing along to anything, was caught up in the moment and found herself joining in.

Patience followed and then what was perhaps the most spectacular performance of the night: Relight My Fire. Giant flames erupted from the stage, dancers performed with fire lit hula hoops, a giant inflatable ring master was in centre stage with a creepy human visual projected on his face, and the boys were dressed like glittery ringmasters. It was a performance that would not look out of place in an extravagant Vegas show. No Lulu but instead the powerful diva vocals of Loleatta Holloway.
As soon as the track finished the band disappeared through the stage and the crowd had that awkward moment of “will they come back on?” Of course they would!

The encore of newer track Hold Up A Light and then Never Forget was the perfect end to an incredible and memorable show. The cast of dancers and performers joined Take That on the stage and even the elephant made another appearance. Just when we thought it was all over they pulled one last trick out of the bag - magical song Rule The World from Stardust, complete with a spectacular firework finish, it could not have been better.

There honestly was not a bad thing to say about this concert. The singing and dancing from the Take That boys was outstanding and the balance of old and new songs was perfect. The entire show was a journey through a circus like no other and would rival the greatest Broadway musical in terms of theatrics, performance and special effects, a credit to the performers and 238 crew members who brought it to life.

If you are going tonight or tomorrow, you truly are in for one of the most enjoyable and memorable experiences of your life. Anyone got a spare ticket?!

Were you there? What did you think? What was your highlight. Use our comment system to tell us.
http://entertainment.stv.tv/music....is-show

PoohДата: Понедельник, 22.06.2009, 08:43 | Сообщение # 16
Candy)
Администраторы
‘It was a pleasure to drive Take That from the gig to the airport’

COACH driver Dave Wilde was the envy of every female at his office when he whisked Take That from their sell-out Millennium Stadium show.

And it only took a minute, girl, to drop them off.

He even bagged a souvenir when the quartet left a towel behind.

The moment the superstar boy band came off stage, he sped them under police escort to Cardiff International Airport. There, they used a VIP entrance to board a private jet to Scotland for their shows at Glasgow’s Hampden Park tonight and tomorrow.

Dave, who won 2007 Coach Driver of the Year, had to pull right up to the side of the stage for the stars.

He said: “There were fireworks going off and pyrotechnics, 60,000 people clapping and screaming, and I’m trying to reverse up a tight tunnel at the side of the stage.”

The boys were in high spirits once on board and opened a bottle of wine. Jason Orange sat in the back with the curtains drawn.

Howard Donald, Gary Barlow and Mark Owen were in separate seats, dotted around the rear of the bus.

A security guard joined dad-of-two Dave up front.

He said: “The lighting was down low for discretion and privacy.

“There was all this kind of whooping and shouting and saying what a great concert it was. They seemed very pleased with the show and how it went that night.

“They were all high-fiving and congratulating each other on a very good concert.”

Dave, from Pontypridd, picked up the towel. He said: “I believe it was the one Gary Barlow used.”

Edwards Coaches’ commercial director Jason Edwards said: “I think we are going to have to have a draw to see who wants the towel. Seven people want it and one of them is a fella!”

He congratulated Dave on doing a brilliant job.

Dave said: “It was a dream experience, I’ve been driving coaches for 14 years and I don’t think I’m going to top that. I’ve been involved with the Welsh rugby team and everything, but that was something else.

“It was called the Circus Tour and that was exactly what it was.

“Certainly I would do it again. It was an absolute pleasure.”

But the group didn’t have a whip-round for their driver: “That would be wishful thinking,” Dave sighed.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news....3920668

CarmenLGДата: Понедельник, 22.06.2009, 18:43 | Сообщение # 17
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Circus leaves town

by Ewan Fergus

Click here

TAKE THAT dazzled their fans in the last of three massive concerts at Hampden last night.

Gary, Mark, Jason and Howard played a string of hits to a staggering 160,000 fans during the sold-out gigs.

The heart-throbs, who arrived on stage in a hot air balloon, dressed up in a series of incredible costumes for the show, including clown outfits.

Singer Gary Barlow said the Hampden atmosphere was "something else," and thanked their devoted Scots fans for their welcome.

And the music at Hampden doesn't stop there. AC/DC, the Eagles and Bruce Springsteen are all due to appear at the stadium in the coming weeks.

Publication date 22/06/09

Сообщение отредактировал CarmenLG - Понедельник, 22.06.2009, 21:26

CarmenLGДата: Понедельник, 22.06.2009, 18:49 | Сообщение # 18
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ

PoohДата: Понедельник, 22.06.2009, 19:29 | Сообщение # 19
Candy)
Администраторы
CarmenLG, WOW))) SO NICE biggrin

PoohДата: Понедельник, 22.06.2009, 20:59 | Сообщение # 20
Candy)
Администраторы
A Day At The Circus
Monday, June 22, 2009
Music history is littered with over-reaching statements bearing no relation to hard fact.

John Lennon claimed, at the height of The Beatles' fame, that they were bigger than Jesus. Keeping up his own Fabs-robbing legacy, Noel Gallagher later went one better, saying Oasis were bigger than the Messiah's own daddy.

Paul Weller, upon hearing that John Peel had declared The White Stripes' Jack White to be "the new Hendrix" responded by saying "That old cunt should know better".

And though he was a fictional comedy character, Alan Partridge's assertion that Wings were "the band The Beatles could have been" can never be forgotten.

So today, when I state that Take That are as close as this generation may get to having its own Beatles, my tongue is only partially in my cheek. And my second assertion, that Take That are the live band The Beatles could have been, will no doubt be ridiculed.

When Mrs Wife's friend had to pull out of attending the last of Take That's three Glasgow concerts on Sunday, I was drafted in as a last minute substitute. I had no qualms about attending, but said all along that I would rather see a genuine fan take the ticket. But when no such fan could be found at such short notice, I made the trip to Hampden, little more than a week before I'm due to go there to see AC/DC.

We made the mistake of entering the stadium when the gates opened at 4pm, unaware that opening act Gary Go wasn't due onstage until around 7pm. As a result, we spent far too long standing in the heat and in the midst of a crowd that wasn't so much moshpit as menopause pit.

But enough of the preamble - why am I making ridiculous claims that Take That are this generation's Beatles?

Firstly, the show itself. Based around a Circus theme, in tribute to the band's latest album of the same name, I have never seen such a vast and complex set up for a gig. I've seen stadium gigs by The Rolling Stones, The Eagles, Bon Jovi, Oasis and U2, but the shows put on by all of those members of the stadium rock elite pale into near insignificance when compared with the sheer scale of Take That's Circus. A troupe of dancers, jugglers, trapeze artists, acrobats, tightrope walkers and other assorted circus performers formed an intricate part of the show. As did a full-size mechanical elephant that rose from the second stage.

The opening sequence saw these circus performers take a long walk from the main stage to the second stage, evoking a psychedelic take on a Victorian circus that brought to mind The Beatles' work around 1967 - think Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite turned into a Yellow Submarine-style live action movie and you're getting close.

Amongst all this hoo-ha, a vast cloud of balloons made its way to the second stage, and at the crescendo of this introduction, the balloons rose to reveal the four members of Take That dressed in black militaristic uniforms that fell somewhere between those worn by The Beatles on the cover of Sgt Pepper and those sported by My Chemical Romance in their Black Parade phase.

And it's that showmanship that leads me to my claim that Take That are the live band The Beatles could have been.

If, instead of splitting, The Beatles had gone the way of the Rolling Stones and become a massive globe-touring stadium band, I can imagine that their show, or sections of it at least, would be similar to what Take That put on for Circus - pageantary, the idea of making a show a real event, a huge psychedelic video screen as a backdrop and a lot of matey, self-deprecating banter.

So perhaps you'll forgive the comparison - is it so difficult to imagine The Beatles, had history played out differently, playing to a million people in the space of a month on a UK stadium tour, backed by one of the most lavish stages ever built?

But that still leaves my second claim unanswered - that Take That, musically, could be as close as this generation will get to a Beatles of its own.

First off, I don't mean for a second that Take That have anything like the genius of The Beatles.

But few bands ever rise to a stage where they can play to packed stadia night after night. And while there were definitely considerably more women in Hampden last night, there was also a substantial number of men - all of whom, I'd imagine, could probably name 10 or more Take That songs (and, dare I say it, sing along).

The only other British band of a similar age group to Take That with the ability to effortlessly fill stadia and have all 55,000 people sing along with their songs is Oasis. But Oasis perhaps don't have the same across the board appeal - you can't imagine two parents taking their primary school age son and daughter to see Oasis, can you?

And so it comes to pass that I, a massive Beatles fan who should definitely know better, have just spent a rather lengthy blog post discussing Take That without actually mentioning any of their music - including the rather special Back For Good and Shine, both of which could probably slot fairly comfortably into The Beatles' back catalogue - and reaching the conclusion that they're the post-Millenial Beatles.

I'm blaming the Scottish summer sunshine....
http://groaninjock.blogspot.com/2009/06/day-at-circus.html

PoohДата: Понедельник, 22.06.2009, 21:00 | Сообщение # 21
Candy)
Администраторы
HAMPDEN PARK, GLASGOW
THE circus has come to town. A 21st-century circus with £10 million of technology and stagecraft, but a circus nonetheless. The Circus Tour is a show with thrills to make awestruck kids of all ages. Did Take That think ahead to this spectacular whe
ADVERTISEMENT
n they named their album? Most likely.

Their entire comeback has been a shrewdly conceived blueprint for band reunions, particularly boy bands hoping to make the transition to man bands by taking their teen audiences with them and tapping into a hitherto unexploited demographic of 20-and 30-something men who always liked Back For Good but could never admit it in the playground.

Their recent albums, Beautiful World and The Circus itself, have been pitched at the adult contemporary market – both are slick, inoffensive efforts, but not lacking in insidiously hummable tunes.

The circus theme did not so much pervade the show as dictate it. Archive footage of circus performers played on the big screens in the run-up to show time, while clowns circulated with balloons.

As the quartet soaked up the ecstatic reaction, Gary Barlow's line, "Tonight this could be the greatest night of our lives", sounded a distinct possibility.

The pure pop of Could It Be Magic, Pray, and A Million Love Songs required no further embellishment than an audience banner proclaiming "The Hampden Phwoar".

In the most impressive piece of stagecraft to grace a pop arena of any year, the hydraulic elephant carried them to the main stage, which was flooded with dancing girls, trapeze artists and trampolinists.

This was indeed a contender for the Greatest Show on Earth.
http://living.scotsman.com/gig-reviews/Gig-review-Take-That.5386937.jp

PoohДата: Понедельник, 22.06.2009, 21:22 | Сообщение # 22
Candy)
Администраторы
http://www.youtube.com/user/wulson
http://www.youtube.com/user/kirstenmckinnell
http://www.youtube.com/user/jcee32

PoohДата: Вторник, 23.06.2009, 08:56 | Сообщение # 23
Candy)
Администраторы
Ребятки в Глазгоу wink
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Хов с Вики и детями! Не ну Лола то точно а неужели Грейс такая большая уже??? wacko
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

MaryДата: Вторник, 23.06.2009, 20:26 | Сообщение # 24
Now I met you where the lights are...
Награды: 87
Quote (Pooh)
Хов с Вики и детями

Вся семья в сборе)))
Большие у него уже дочурки.

I ran a thousand miles to be by your side...

PoohДата: Вторник, 23.06.2009, 20:28 | Сообщение # 25
Candy)
Администраторы
Mary, я вот думаю ну с Лолой все понятно но неужели правда эт Грейс такая большая уже? surprised

Форум Take That & Robbie » TAKE THAT Forever » The Circus » 19-21 June 09 - Glasgow Hampden Park (Английское турне - лето 2009)
  • Страница 1 из 3
  • »
Поиск: