[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Forever love » Гари Барлоу и Эмма Гиллеспи (Новая продюссерская работа)
Гари Барлоу и Эмма Гиллеспи
PoohДата: Вторник, 12.10.2010, 16:10 | Сообщение # 1
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
Гари нашел ещё одну звёздочку для продюссирования!
GARY BARLOW has signed another young singer to his music label.

EMMA GILLESPIE - who won Sky1 talent show Must Be The Music performing as EMMA'S IMAGINATION - will join classical singer CAMILLA KERSLAKE at the TAKE THAT star's Future Records.

Emma won plenty of fans during her stint on the programme. The Scot used to be a busker on the streets of Glasgow so that will have hardened her up ready for a future in the ruthless music industry.

An album is going to be rushed out before Christmas so expect to see a few given out as gifts at family get-togethers.

Let's hope it's not a turkey.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....95ljsGJ

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Пятница, 26.11.2010, 00:28 | Сообщение # 2
Candy)
Администраторы
SIMON COWELL, eat your heart out.

Not everyone needs The X Factor to catapult their debut track into the charts.

EMMA'S IMAGINATION is riding high on a wave of success thanks to triumphing on Sky 1's Must Be The Music.

Her first single This Day is a quirky folk tune that will have you tapping your feet in no time.

Despite the show offering a cash prize instead of a record deal, she caught GARY BARLOW's eye — and he was the catalyst behind Polydor/Future Records signing her.

Catch Emma live on tour:

Dec 11: Glasgow, Classic Grand

Dec 12: Edinburgh, Liquid Rooms

Dec 16: London, Borderline

This Day is released Jan 2.

Debut album Stand Still hits shelves on January 10.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....KdvMHPY

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Среда, 15.12.2010, 12:42 | Сообщение # 3
Candy)
Администраторы
We met up with Sky's Must Be The Music winner Emma's Imagination to find out what she's been up to of late.

Discover what she's done with her £100,000 prize money, what her new BFF, Gary Barlow, is really like and hear her thoughts on diva tantrums.

It's interesting stuff.

How did it feel to win Must Be The Music?

Very surreal. I was in shock and I think anyone who watched the final could see that I was very much in shock. It's still sinking in. All throughout the show I tried not to look too far ahead. I was trying to be in the moment and appreciate everything while it happened. I didn't let myself fantasise about winning the show because if I didn't win I would have been really disppointed. I tried not to think about it too much. But when it happened, it was like "Oh my God."

The prize was £100,000, so have you treated yourself to anything crazy or extravagant?

I've not really had a chance to spend it. I've never had this amount of money in my life so I don't really know what to do with it. I did get myself a laptop which I needed and I bought three pairs of shoes in one go, which is unheard of for me. I felt really guilty. But generally, I'm just going to be quite boring and invest it in property i think because it would be great to have my own place. I don't want to blow it all.

Gary BarlowGary BarlowGary Barlow has signed you to his record label, what's he like?

He's lovely. He's one of the most down-to-earth people I've ever met. He's a very, very nice man. It was very random how I met him. I was speaking to vocal coach David Grant and he asked me who inspired me as a songwriter. I mentioned Gary Barlow and it just so happened that he's friends with Gary. He arranged a meeting, I played a few songs and Gary said he'd love to sign me to his label.

In an ideal world, who would you love to do a duet with?

There's a few different people. I really love Paolo Nutini and James Morrison's voice is amazing. I'd be pretty happy with that.

Emma, Dizzee Rascal, Sharleen Spiteri and Jamie CullumEmma with Dizzee Rascal, Sharleen Spiteri and Jamie CullumNow that you're a celebrity yourself, have you been mixing with the stars?

Oh God, I wouldn't call myself a celebrity. I've obviously met the judges from the show (Dizzee Rascal, Jamie Cullum and Sharleen Spiteri) and Gary. I also randomly bumped into James Morrison, which was quite strange but he was a very nice man. That's about it so far. I'm not a schmoozer. I don't really get starstruck about meeting celebrities. If someone's a nice person and we get on then that's all that matters.

What made you choose Must Be The Music over other talent shows?

You get to sing your own songs and it was a chance to get my songs to a wider audience. I think it's a great opportunity for any songwriter. Also there were no dodgy contracts that you got signed into.

What do you think of the X Factor?

For someone like myself, who is a songwriter and wants to perform their own songs, it wouldn't be my cup of tea, but it's got its place and people have done really well off the back of that show. Hats off to people who do go on it because they're under a lot of pressure with all the routines and songs they have to learn. I couldn't do it. I've got nothing bad to say about the X Factor.

For people who haven't seen Must Be The Music, how would you describe your sound?

It's a kind of mixture between folk and pop. On the show it was just me and an acoustic guitar so it was very singer/songwriter sounding. But I've been in the studio developing the songs so when people hear the album it'll be very diverse. It's not a pop album and it's not a folk album, it's quite different.

Do chart positions mean much to you?

If you're in the charts, it's good to know people are buying your music. I've been in the charts with songs I've sung on the show but it's all very new to me so I'm yet to see how the single does. I guess I'll have a better idea then.

Can we expect any diva behaviour from you?

No, no. You never know what's going to happen but I'm definitely not a diva. I'm quite easy going and I don't like to make a fuss. But you never know, in a couple of years I might turn into a big diva and everyone will say: 'Oh my God. Do you remember when she was a nice wee lass?' I really can't see that happening though, it's just not in my personality to be like that. It's easier to be nice to people.

Howard DonaldHoward DonaldWho was your celebrity crush when you were a teenager?

I liked Howard Donald from Take That. I thought he was nice.

Do you have a celebrity girl crush?

For me Leslie Fiest (a Canadian singer-songwriter) is an example of a really great recording artist. The way she carries herself and comes across is very classy and it's not tacky at all. I really respect that.

It won't be long before we'll be seeing the first music video from Emma's Imagination. To get you in the mood, take a look at some other top videos below.

By Suzannah Ramsdale
http://showbiz.sky.com/emmas-imagination-qa

АриДата: Среда, 15.12.2010, 13:12 | Сообщение # 4
It's more than spiritual, physical...
Администраторы
Награды: 17
Quote (Pooh)
Gary BarlowGary BarlowGary Barlow

Журналиста переклинило от восторга? happy

1 and 5 July 2009 - Take That The Circus Live, Wembley Stadium, London
4 and 5 July 2011 - Take That Progress Live, Wembley Stadium, London
5 and 6 June 2015 - Take That III Live, O2 Arena, London

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 16.01.2011, 01:01 | Сообщение # 5
Candy)
Администраторы
Emma Gillespie won Sky1's Must Be The Music series back in September. She tells Andy Welch what it's been like since scooping the prize, signing to Gary Barlow's record label, and making her debut album Stand Still, which is released on Monday, January 10.

Millions of us tuned in to watch Matt Cardle win X Factor last month.

But whatever your view of the former painter and decorator, it's hard to imagine him emerging later this year with a modern classic. While he might prove the doubters wrong, it seems likely that despite the inevitable intensive songwriting sessions, he'll disappear as quickly as 2009 winner Joe McElderry seems to have done before him.

While Sky's talent show Must Be The Music, which began last summer, didn't arrive with the same fanfare as its ITV1 rival, critics felt its premise might be more genuine.

The idea was to take unsigned artists and pitch them against each other in a 'battle of the bands' style contest.

The judges were bona fide stars too: Sharleen Spiteri of Texas, Jamie Cullum and Dizzee Rascal. A trio surely more qualified to comment on star quality than, say, the sister of a pop star or the man responsible for unleashing Zig N Zag on the nation?

Emma Gillespie, a 27-year-old Scottish busker who performs under Emma's Imagination, stood out as a potential series winner from her first appearance, captivating the studio audience and judging panel with her winsome, folkie songs.

The Edinburgh-born singer did eventually go on to win, and picked up a £100,000 prize to boot, and she's now signed to Polydor and Gary Barlow's label Future Music.

"I'm very comfortable at the moment," she says, relaxing before going on stage for the final show of her tour. "These live shows have been fantastic, and it's what I've wanted to do for ages."

"Now I'm actually doing what I've dreamed of, though, it does feel really different," she adds. "Really, really different."

In truth, Emma's dream is a relatively new one; it was only in the last three years or so she thought she could make it as a singer. Before that, she worked in a variety of odd jobs, including teaching at a circus school, and even spending two years as a plasterer.

"My dad was in the army, so we moved around a lot when I was growing up, then when I left school, I travelled all over. I'd always written songs, but just for me, in my bedroom and never thought I'd do anything with them. It was just a way of expressing myself. Then some friends heard me and thought I should play some open mic nights and little gigs."

When she was 25, while on holiday in New York, Emma had something of an epiphany and decided nothing other than writing and performing was going to make her happy.

"I came back and really got stuck in. I wanted to move to Glasgow, play gigs, write songs, busk during the day, build up a fanbase locally, and see what happened after that."

Soon after, the opportunity of the show came up, and while initially reticent ("I was worried it was going to be tacky or that I'd come over in the wrong light") Emma wisely chose to enter: "The judges gave me so much advice, mainly not to be messed around by anyone and that they're all there if I need them.

"I was very lucky with the show because they put me in touch with great managers and lawyers. There was a lot of aftercare, it wasn't like I was on the show, then they dropped me."

The steepest learning curve for Emma so far has been the attention of the media, and while she's not hounded, she says she has to bite her tongue in interviews.

In fact, it's not until we discuss the topic of being stitched up by journalists that she begins to open up and talk more freely.

"People are always digging for dirt," she says, finally. "I think I've done enough stuff in my life, interesting things, that I can talk about without having to go into my bra size and past. We could also talk about music, too..."

Talking of music, Emma's debut album Stand Still is released on Monday. Recorded in Kensal Town Studios in North London over "four weeks or so" she's naturally rather proud of the record.

"It was done so we had enough time for it not to be a rush, but brisk enough so we couldn't overthink anything. I had a lot of the arrangements in my head, and of course all the songs were written, so it was mainly about fleshing out the skeletons.

"It's not a pop album as such, but it's not folk, I think it fits perfectly in the middle. There's a thread that runs through the album that I think people will really like, and the songs are diverse too, without sounding like they don't belong together."

"I aspire to be someone like Feist. Her music is fantastic and she's so classy - never in the magazines for the wrong reasons. Everything with her is so subtle."

"I don't want to be out-and-out pop, but then I don't want to be so obscure that no one knows who I am."

"I'm trying to find the balance."
http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/newsxtr...._winner

PoohДата: Вторник, 08.02.2011, 00:36 | Сообщение # 6
Candy)
Администраторы
SCOTS singer Emma's Imagination revealed her success left her close to exhaustion. The Edinburgh-born star, whose real name is Emma Gillespie, won Sky 1's Must Be The Music show four months ago, picking up the £100,000 first prize.

Since then she has landed a record deal with Gary Barlow's Future Record label and enjoyed two top 10 singles and a hit debut album.

Emma said: "I was overwhelmed to start off with, but I am getting used to it. I am not so tired now.

"At first I was like a rabbit in the headlights because it all happened so fast.

"I had to move down to London. It was a bit stressful but I couldn't complain because it was all great."

Her debut album Stand Still rocketed into the top 20 when it was released at the start of the year. But the 27-year-old found it difficult to make time for friends and family and feared they would think she had turned her back on them.

"I was astonished when it entered the chart at No.14," Emma said. "It's difficult to see my friends and family and I try to make time for people.

"I worry people will think I am floating away and ignoring them. I want to stay in touch with people and remember where I came from."

Emma is back on the road this month as she sets out to consolidate her success with a series of Daily Record Live Sessions shows.

The five acoustic concerts kick-off with a free show at Glasgow's King Tut's for fans on a first come, first served basis on February 17.

Emma then heads to Inverness Mad Hatters on March 13, Aberdeen Cafe Drummond (14), Dundee Dukes Bar (15) and Edinburgh Cabaret Voltaire (16).

Emma said: "The fact the Daily Record is sponsoring the shows is fantastic. The live performances are what it is all about for me. Along with creating music in the studio, it's the best job in the world."

She believes being mentored by Gary Barlow and Sharleen Spiteri, will help her cope with success.

Emma said: "Gary has always been supportive. He loves the album and is very pleased.

"He sent me a text message when it came out and told me I had done a great job.

"It's nice he took time out to tell me that. I went to his 40th birthday in London. It felt odd having all these famous people sitting beside me.

"I went round to see Sharleen the other day.

"She gave me an insight about her experiences in the music industry.

"She said she is always there if I need anyone to talk to."

Tickets for the gigs are available from www.gigsinscotland.com
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz....2905262

Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Forever love » Гари Барлоу и Эмма Гиллеспи (Новая продюссерская работа)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск: