[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 5 из 5
  • «
Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Forever love » Гари Барлоу и Камила Керслейк (Подопечная Гари выпускает альбом на его студии)
Гари Барлоу и Камила Керслейк
PoohДата: Пятница, 14.05.2010, 08:00 | Сообщение # 101
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
Эх не видать нам фот с голыми ТТ - Камилла свою классическую Бритс не выиграла dry
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb....newsxml
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/breakin....48.html

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Понедельник, 17.05.2010, 00:06 | Сообщение # 102
Candy)
Администраторы
Camilla Kerslake is the UK’s newest and hottest classical diva. Judith Dornan heard how Gary Barlow’s protege first discovered her amazing voice in tiny Nateby Primary School, near Garstang

Camilla Kerslake has an amazing life. Take That’s Gary Barlow is her boss, her debut LP was up for Best Album at the Classical BRITs and she sang for Carling Cup crowds at Wembley.

But the 21 year old London-born diva, now on tour supporting Irish vocal trio, The Priests, has a secret longing, from her childhood days living in tiny Nateby, near Garstang.

She reveals: “I miss Lancashire hotpot! I miss it very much, they don’t make it the same down here. I’ve got a gig in Manchester with The Priests in a few weeks and when I go up, I’m going to be like: ‘Feed me Lancashire hotpot, morning, noon and night. And sausage butties!’ And there was a bakery in Garstang that did the most incredible cupcakes. I have not tasted a cupcake of the like since.

“Whether that’s because I was a child and cupcakes were terribly exciting or because they were actually the best cupcakes in the world, I will never know. But when I go back there, I eat cupcakes!”

Camilla’s star began rising when she became the first artist to sign to Take That supremo Gary Barlow’s brand new label, Future Records.

These days, the star is Speed-dial 7 on her phone. But she won her big break by pretty much stalking Barlow, going to his studio every day with her demos, until her sheer persistence persuaded him to listen.

She laughs: “Polite stalking!

“It was just that I’d done everything else. I’d been to record labels, handing in demos, I’d done open mic nights, I’d auditioned for everything. I’d got into a few bands and then got turned away for being too old or not cool enough. I thought I needed someone’s advice. Because if someone like him gives the nod to someone else in the industry, you know, then that’s your way in.”

Once Barlow did listen, Camilla suddenly got a strange phone call from an unknown woman. She recalls: “I knew it was a work conversation because she was obviously talking about my voice but I hadn’t been on any auditions and I hadn’t been giving my demo to anyone else.

“So I knew it was work but I had no idea and she was asking me all these weird questions. Obviously, I answered and then 10 minutes after that phone call, Gary rang me.

“He said: ‘Hi, I’m Gary Barlow.’ I was like, HAHAHAHA! He went: ‘Yeah, I get that all the time.’ I thought: Oooh, he’s serious, hello!

“You don’t expect it, do you? Ooooh, it’s so weird! Every time he rings me now, I’m still, like, wuh? I’m talking to Gary Barlow! Sooo cool! I should be used to it, we’ve been working together for over a year but I’m not.

“I really wasn’t after a record deal, I didn’t know he was doing it. I just thought: Well, he’s lovely. Everyone says how wonderful he is so I might as well try him. And I don’t know what happened, just the stars aligned.

“But it just so happened that he was starting a label. His negotiations for the label weren’t even finished when he signed me. First signing, first release, all very exciting. I’m ever so lucky.”

This week, Camilla sang at the Classical BRITs where she was nominated for Best Album. Despite losing to Only Men Aloud, the thrill of performing on the same stage as Dame Kiri Te Kanawa will stay with her.

She says: “She was the first classical singer I ever heard, when I was about six in New Zealand. I’d watch her and I’d sort of secretly wish. But for it to actually happen is surreal.”

It was back in Nateby Primary School where Camilla first realised that her voice was extraordinary.

After emigrating to New Zealand when she was a toddler, her family moved to the hamlet, near Garstang, for two years on returning to England when she was nine after her father got a job with Time Computers.

She says: “Nateby, that’s when I realised I could sing. It was my head teacher, Mrs Chambers, who noticed it. She said: ‘Wow, you’ve got a really good voice!’”

Some of her first memories of performing are of Nateby school shows. She says: “I was a Druid in one thing. I can’t remember why but we couldn’t afford a sheet to make the costume so I had a pillow case with a head hole! It wasn’t a good look when all your friends have these big Grecian-type things – and you’re in a definite, DEFINITE pillow case. Unfortunately, I left just before our Year Six final show and I was meant to star in it but I had to leave because daddy got a job. It would have been really fun.”

Her two years here were, she says: “Enough for me to develop the accent! It’s good when I communicate with Gary because he speaks pure Northern and I completely can keep up. All our Southern counterparts are like, Whaaat? It’s good, it’s like we’ve got a little secret language.”

She has fond memories of idyllic days playing in the countryside here. “I lived next door to this massive family called The Keithleys and they were amazing because I’m an only child.

“There were six kids and we all used to muck in. They were actually the people that took me to my first PNE match. We lost! But I had an amazing time. I learnt a multitude of colourful new words that I could go home and say to my mum!”

She remains a Lilywhites fan to this day, saying: “I love to root for the underdog.
“Plus everyone supports the Big Four, don’t they, and that’s not me, Im not interested in that.

“I was studying for my 11 plus and stuff but I went a few times – and they were exhilarating!”

She recorded a version of Can’t Help Falling In Love for her album; a song often sung on the PNE terraces and told the Evening Post she would love to sing it for the North End crowd.

She says: “It would be lovely because I did Wembley for the Carling Cup so I’m quite up there with the footballers.

“You’ve got to stay true to your roots, haven’t you, and the first match I ever went to was PNE – so that’s my roots!”
http://www.lep.co.uk/lifestyle/diva_delightful_1_768073

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Понедельник, 17.05.2010, 00:24 | Сообщение # 103
Candy)
Администраторы

PoohДата: Понедельник, 19.07.2010, 23:51 | Сообщение # 104
Candy)
Администраторы
Кажеться такого с Камиллой и Гари ещё не было biggrin
Gary Barlow/Camilla Kerslake interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29dBy5n66HE

PoohДата: Среда, 28.07.2010, 22:17 | Сообщение # 105
Candy)
Администраторы
Gary Barlow's new protégé to light up gig at Meridian Park
PROTÉGÉ: Classical crossover star Camilla Kerslake, 21, is to play an open-air show at Meridian Park.
PROTÉGÉ: Classical crossover star Camilla Kerslake, 21, is to play an open-air show at Meridian Park.

TAKE That star Gary Barlow's new protégé will be the next successful act to take to the stage at Meridian Park.

Classical crossover sensation Camilla Kerslake, of London – who became the first signing to Gary's new record label – will appear at the Cleethorpes venue on Saturday, August 14.

The popularity of the Meridian Classical concert is growing each year and is fast-becoming the resort's own Proms-style event.

This open-air evening of music and entertainment from Kerslake and the Sinfonia Viva ends with a spectacular fireworks display.

Early last year, Kerslake had heard that Take That star Gary Barlow was recording in a studio. Wanting his attention, she submitted her demo CD every day for six weeks until Gary finally relented and listened to it.

Impressed, he made her the first signing to Future Records.

She went on to release her self-titled debut album and sang at Wembley Stadium before this year's Football League Cup final between Manchester United and Aston Villa. She has also performed at Buckingham Palace for Prince Charles' charity dinner and twice graced the stage at the Royal Albert Hall.

She sang at the Houses of Parliament and has just finished a stint on the road with All Angels.

At just 21-years-old she has a Classical BRIT Award nomination for Best Album under her belt.

When she was 14, Kerslake was in detention with her classmates when they started to see who could sing the highest.

Unbeknown to Kerslake, her teacher was standing outside listening and informed her that she had sung half an octave higher than the highest note ever written for the human voice.

After college, Kerslake sought singing lessons, but was unable to afford classical training.

In 2008, she auditioned for an all- girl pop group. She was selected but was soon let go due to their belief that, at 20, she was too old.

Motivated to try harder, Kerslake started to finance her own classical singing lessons.

The striking singer recently appeared as Cosette in London's West End production of Les Misérables, opposite Nick Jonas (from The Jonas brothers).

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news....le.html

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 10.10.2010, 12:05 | Сообщение # 106
Candy)
Администраторы
Большая статья про Камиллу
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/home....bo.html

PoohДата: Четверг, 21.10.2010, 13:08 | Сообщение # 107
Candy)
Администраторы

JAnakondaДата: Четверг, 21.10.2010, 13:17 | Сообщение # 108
Витаминка для Апельсинки
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 13

все будет хорошо, я знаю...

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 09.01.2011, 16:01 | Сообщение # 109
Candy)
Администраторы
The cameras were ready to whirr into action and pop star Gary Barlow was waiting expectantly in the corner of the Dublin studio. My daughter Camilla, 21, was about to shoot her first music video, singing the Take That hit Rule The World.

Camilla looked the picture of calm, clearly enjoying her first taste of stardom. Yet, 24 hours earlier, suffering from a severe attack of stage fright, she had begged me to fly over and help her combat her nerves using hypnosis - one of the skills I use in my job as a personal development coach.

In 2009, after Camilla handed Gary her CD in a recording studio, he gave her a record deal. Almost overnight she went from being a student at the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford to singing in front of Royalty and TV audiences of millions. Once confident, she had suddenly become terrified of performing live.

First, I explained to her that what she was feeling was a perfectly normal reaction to stress. When we sense danger - whether real or imagined - the nervous system releases a flood of hormones including adrenaline and cortisol.

These hormones rouse the body for emergency action. Your heart pounds faster, muscles tighten, blood pressure rises, breath quickens and your senses become sharper. It helps you stay focused, energetic and alert.

The problems start when you feel this kind of stress before going on stage, giving a wedding speech or a presentation at work - when you really need to stay calm - and it can have the effect of freezing a person in panic.

The more our nervous system is activated by stress hormones, the harder it is to switch off.

The result is a string of problems including irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, eczema, low selfesteem, poor sex drive, inability to make decisions, even a nervous breakdown.

But this kind of acute stress is easy to overcome. As Camilla lay on her hotel bed, I got her to breathe deeply. This opens up the diaphragm and activates the body's relaxation response.

As she became calmer, I talked to her about how excited and happy she was going to feel and focused on all the positive aspects of the next day so that those ideas stayed in her mind. She was able to sing brilliantly, had a fantastic time and the day was a great success.

It is important to give yourself time to stop and relax. I know several CEOs who go to the toilet for five minutes, do some deep breathing, relax mentally and can then go into a meeting able to make necessary decisions.

When breathing deeply, tell yourself positive messages. Your mind absorbs them and when you arrive in the situation you anticipated would be stressful, they will often be there in your head, calming you down. And think about the positives in your life, the people you love or who love you, and those feelings will help calm your body and mind.

What I'm suggesting might sound fluffy but I know from 18 years' experience that it works.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health....Xi2NLZC

PoohДата: Четверг, 24.02.2011, 14:58 | Сообщение # 110
Candy)
Администраторы
У Камиллы то новый альбом 21 марта выходит wink
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moments-Camilla-Kerslake/dp/B004KPM0F4

Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Forever love » Гари Барлоу и Камила Керслейк (Подопечная Гари выпускает альбом на его студии)
  • Страница 5 из 5
  • «
Поиск: