[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 5
  • «
  • »
Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Forever love » Гари Барлоу и Камила Керслейк (Подопечная Гари выпускает альбом на его студии)
Гари Барлоу и Камила Керслейк
PoohДата: Среда, 07.10.2009, 22:43 | Сообщение # 26
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
OR the next eight months our poor earholes are going to be bursting with the efforts of awful England World Cup anthem wannabes.

As a Scot, I feel it's my duty to deal with this nuisance early doors.

Well on Monday GARY BARLOW unveiled , the first signing to his Futures record label.

And believe me, this girl has the voice to match her looks.
I wonder what Gaz saw in the 21-year-old stunning blonde?

Anyway, in the process of showing her off, he introduced the answer to the search for a successor to Three Lions.

Drop-dead gorgeous Camilla has an incredible set of pipes, and I nearly fell off my chair when she performed an operatic version of TAKE THAT's Rule The World.

She even rattled it out in Italian, bringing back memories of PAVAROTTI's Nessun Dorma for every footie fan in the room at London's Berkeley Hotel.

Camilla said to me: "If you and The Sun are up for it, I am."
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....er.html

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Среда, 07.10.2009, 22:43 | Сообщение # 27
Candy)
Администраторы
WHEN Robbie Williams was spied in a New York recording studio with his former Take That bandmates last week, the real media excitement was in the tantalising possibility that Williams would again have songs written for him by the all-conquering Gary Barlow.
After their dazzling Circus tour this summer, the current incarnation of Take That is hotter than ever, and there's no such thing as time off for their chief songwriter.

Barlow has written To Love Again, a barnstorming piano ballad, with Strict
ADVERTISEMENT
ly Come Dancing judge Alesha Dixon for release as her latest single on 15 November. He's also composed This Time for a November comeback album by Shirley Bassey. "Gary is so good-looking and such a gentleman," the great dame said recently.

Such is the breadth of his appeal that he's now writing for grime-pop teen favourites N-Dubz, and the tabloids claim he's going to be working with the reformed Spandau Ballet. If he wrote a song for Gordon Brown, everything would probably be OK.

Then there's Barlow's record company. Future Records, a subsidiary of Take That's label Universal, has been put under Barlow's command as a reward for his band's renewed success. It is about to unveil its first signing. Camilla Kerslake, a 21-year-old from London via New Zealand, stalked Take That with a demo tape in hand until Barlow became convinced that her ghostly, operatic voice could conquer the lucrative classical crossover market. The first single, Irish folk song She Moved Through the Fair (out on 2 November), has more than a bit of Enya about it. Her album also features a cover of Take That's Rule the World, sung in Italian for extra classiness.

With Barlow behind her and a nation of mums in need of Christmas presents, she can't fail. "Gary's one of the biggest talents in the whole of the British music industry and an amazing mentor. How lucky am I?" she says.

It's a long way from the wilderness years after Take That split. After his second solo album flopped in 1999 – it spent just one week in the charts, at number 35 – Barlow never stopped working. He was in no position to be picky. While Robbie Williams was packing out stadiums, Barlow's songs found their way on to releases by Atomic Kitten, German girl group Monrose and X Factor's Michelle McManus. He also wrote most of two albums for Donny Osmond.

But did he go bad or were we just not paying attention? If the mark of truly great songwriters, like Dylan or Lennon and McCartney, is the song's ability to sound good in anyone's hands, does Barlow flounder without his bandmates?

Listening back to the music of those dark days – though it is difficult to describe as "dark" a period in which he wrote a song called Supersexy for boyband beefcakes Blue – it's clear that too often the songs became the property of inferior voices. A lack of composing confidence is sometimes detectable too. But dig deep and you realise he never lost it.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/feature....8726.jp

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Четверг, 08.10.2009, 08:56 | Сообщение # 28
Candy)
Администраторы
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

PoohДата: Четверг, 08.10.2009, 23:53 | Сообщение # 29
Candy)
Администраторы
Gary Barlow has unveiled 21-year-old classical singer Camilla Kerslake as the first signing to his Future Records label.

The singer, who hails from London and is a graduate of Guildford's Academy Of Contemporary Music, will release her self-titled debut album on November 16.

The record has been produced by Mike Hedges and includes her own versions of 'How Can I Keep From Singing' and Take That's 'Rule The World' sung in Italian.

"Her voice is a unique and powerful instrument," Barlow said. "I was instantly captivated by it."

Barlow recently admitted that he was more nervous about launching his new label than performing with Take That at Wembley arena.

Kerslake releases her debut single 'Moved Through The Fair' on November 2.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music....ng.html

PoohДата: Пятница, 09.10.2009, 00:21 | Сообщение # 30
Candy)
Администраторы
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 11.10.2009, 21:13 | Сообщение # 31
Candy)
Администраторы
Hosted on Fotki

PoohДата: Понедельник, 19.10.2009, 23:38 | Сообщение # 32
Candy)
Администраторы
21-year-old Camilla Kerslake is creating a real frisson of excitement and anticipation, with her rare, elusive, one-of-a-kind classical voice.

Recently signed to Gary Barlow's new Future Records label, the future looks incredibly bright for Camilla Kerslake. Her debut single, She Moved Through the Fair, is already being championed by Terry Wogan on Radio 2 while GMTV have a filmed segment ready to roll.

Her debut album (out Nov 16th 2009) has been produced by the legendary Mike Hedges and features her own impeccable versions of How Can I Keep From Singing and Rule the World (in Italian) amongst other original songs.

The story of Camilla Kerslake is one that dreams are made of. Only this summer she camped outside a London studio for weeks on end. Inside Take That were recording and Camilla was determined to give Gary the demo tape she had saved up to record.

Her persistence paid off and he eventually listened. "I was instantly captivated by it," Gary admits. "Her voice is a unique and powerful instrument."

Tale Of Camilla's Tape

Birthplace: London, England (Lived in New Zealand until she was eight)
Education: Guildford's Academy Of Contemporary Music

Debut Single: She Moved Through The Fair, November 2nd 2009
Debut Album: Camilla Kerslake (Self-Titled) Out November 16th 2009

Upcoming TV Appearances:
Friday 30th October - GMTV Live In Dublin
Monday 2nd November - GMTV Live In studio
Monday 23rd November - Alan Titchmarsh Live
Christmas Eve - BBC1 Singing For The Troops
http://www.ilikemusic.com/music_n....ke-8095

CarmenLGДата: Вторник, 20.10.2009, 00:36 | Сообщение # 33
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 9

Сообщение отредактировал CarmenLG - Вторник, 20.10.2009, 00:38

PoohДата: Вторник, 20.10.2009, 08:22 | Сообщение # 34
Candy)
Администраторы
Hosted on Fotki

S1M0NEДата: Вторник, 20.10.2009, 17:45 | Сообщение # 35
Леди Шайн
VIP Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 17
кого-то она мне напоминает...

I believe in the boogie!

PoohДата: Среда, 21.10.2009, 23:26 | Сообщение # 36
Candy)
Администраторы
У Гариной подопечной заработал сайт
http://camillakerslake.com/

PoohДата: Четверг, 22.10.2009, 23:46 | Сообщение # 37
Candy)
Администраторы
Камилла будет на разогреве у Ил Диво! Неплохое начало wink
http://angryape.com/news/camilla-kerslake-to-support-il-divo

HowittaДата: Четверг, 22.10.2009, 23:53 | Сообщение # 38
Ховаманка
Администраторы
Награды: 46
Quote (Pooh)
Камилла будет на разогреве у Ил Диво! Неплохое начало

удачи ей) biggrin

ЛеончикДата: Вторник, 27.10.2009, 19:36 | Сообщение # 39
МОЯ ЛЮБИМАЯ МАРКОВКА
Награды: 10
Take That - Rule The World - Gary Barlow - Camilla Kerslake
если кому то надо мр3, то качайте :
http://narod.ru/disk....p3.html

Сообщение отредактировал Леончик - Вторник, 27.10.2009, 19:37

HowittaДата: Вторник, 27.10.2009, 19:40 | Сообщение # 40
Ховаманка
Администраторы
Награды: 46
Quote (Леончик)

пасибки) smile

S1M0NEДата: Среда, 28.10.2009, 09:01 | Сообщение # 41
Леди Шайн
Quote (Леончик)

эта версия еще раз подтверждает то что у песни необыкновенно красивая мелодия... я бы даже сказала безупречная biggrin

I believe in the boogie!

PoohДата: Пятница, 30.10.2009, 23:20 | Сообщение # 42
Candy)
Администраторы
She Moved Through The Fair - HQ Video - Camilla Kerslake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY2uFqJH5bA
В первом видео есть Гарик biggrin
How Can I Keep From Singing - Photo Shoot - Camilla Kerslake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gb9KN9TijE
30.10.2009 Gary Barlow & Camilla Kerslake on GMTV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPq8s5wb9zg

АриДата: Суббота, 31.10.2009, 17:56 | Сообщение # 43
It's more than spiritual, physical...
Администраторы
Quote (S1M0NE)
эта версия еще раз подтверждает то что у песни необыкновенно красивая мелодия... я бы даже сказала безупречная

ДА! Бейте меня как угодно, но ее Гари написал, вот как хотите! Рука мастера видна! smile

Песня чудесная, почему она вам не нравится? Да, исполнение ровное, без всплесков, но очень нежное и вокал потрясающий, ИМХО.

Леончик, спасибо за ссылку! smile

Кстати, еще оин большой плюс этого кавера - сразу же хочется послушать оригинал! happy

1 and 5 July 2009 - Take That The Circus Live, Wembley Stadium, London
4 and 5 July 2011 - Take That Progress Live, Wembley Stadium, London
5 and 6 June 2015 - Take That III Live, O2 Arena, London

АриДата: Воскресенье, 01.11.2009, 01:32 | Сообщение # 44
Администраторы
Господи, ну ПОЧЕМУ нельзя надеть нормальную рубашку, галстук, костюм и довести меня до обморока??? И побриться, блин??? Почему надо одевать бомжатскую майку??? wacko

Но все равно красавец, гад такой! happy

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 01.11.2009, 19:17 | Сообщение # 45
Candy)
Администраторы
Gary Barlow changed my life, by classical diva Camilla Kerslake

By Claudia Joseph
Last updated at 10:06 PM on 31st October 2009

Wrapped up against the bitter cold, aspiring singer Camilla Kerslake stood outside a recording studio in London hoping to catch a glimpse of her hero, Gary Barlow.

The student had heard a rumour that the Take That star was launching his own record label - and she was determined to land her first contract.

So virtually every day for six weeks, Camilla would set off from her home in Guildford, Surrey, and catch a train to the studios in West London, where Barlow has a permanent base. In total she handed across 40 CDs of her work - singing Schubert's Ave Maria, set to a £2.99 backing track she had bought on the internet, or Pie Jesu.

Camilla Kerslake with Gary Barlow

Swapping notes: Camilla Kerslake with Gary Barlow, who signed her up on his record label

And her persistence paid off. One afternoon last December, Camilla received a telephone call from Celia McCamley, Barlow's partner in the music publishing company San Remo - and three days later she became the first artist to be signed to his new record label, Future Records.

It has been a meteoric rise for the singer, who paid her way through college by performing at weekends and by trading goods on auction website eBay.

Tomorrow, Camilla's debut single, She Moved Through The Fair, is released and her eponymous album comes out on November 16.

She has also landed an advertising deal with Waitrose - her version of How Can I Keep From Singing will be the soundtrack for its Christmas advertisements - and is appearing on BBC1's Singing For The Troops on Christmas Eve.

A recording she has made of Take That's Rule The World, sung in Italian, has already become a YouTube hit, with more than 80,000 views at the last count.

'I was a student, literally living hand-to-mouth,' says Camilla, 21. 'I was gigging at the weekends just to make ends meet.

'I had to call in favours to make my demo tapes. Luckily there were production students at university always looking for new people to work with.

'Then I heard a whisper that Gary might be starting a record label. As a music student you hear a lot of gossip about music but I had never met anyone with a bad word to say about Gary, despite the fact that he's an incredibly successful songwriter in an incredibly successful band.

'I found out that Take That were recording at the Sarm Studios in London so I went there nearly every day for six weeks. I had to fit the four-hour trip around my lectures because if you missed more than three lectures a term, you faced disciplinary action.

'It was fine if I didn't have a lecture until 3pm but if I had one at 10am, it meant I had to leave home at 6am. Then I had to try to make myself look fabulous as there was always the possibility that Gary would be there. It wasn't as though I could have a shower, brush my teeth and just go.

'I used to befriend the receptionists and take them coffees so they would let me in. I was ridiculously persistent. People have been calling me a stalker but it was worth it.'

Camilla was spending the afternoon with her boyfriend Michael, a percussionist, and his flatmates, when she received the call that would change her life.

'Celia didn't give anything away about herself,' recalls Camilla. 'All she did was ask me about myself. After the conversation I was left with more questions than answers. Luckily for me she rang back about an hour later and explained everything.'

The following Monday, after borrowing £20 from her parents, Camilla invested in a pair of black jeans from Primark and a £4 top from New Look and took the train to London to meet Gary at Sarm Studios. He pledged to sign her on the spot.

'It was phenomenal,' she says. 'I was meeting one of the most famous men in the music industry and being offered everything I'd ever dreamed of. I was incredibly star-struck.

'My parents are as proud as punch. My mum sees my career as something to be worked at and is great at keeping me grounded. My father sees it as a dream come true and is always sitting there in the centre of the front row grinning maniacally at me when I'm on stage.'

Camilla finally signed her contract on January 27 and recorded her album this summer in Ireland with producer Mike Hedges, who has worked with artists such as Dido and the Manic Street Preachers.

'When I first got into the studio, it was like a spaceship,' she laughed. 'I had no idea what all the knobs and whistles did.

'Luckily for me Gary has been showing me what to do, helping me with demo tracks and directing me in the way to take the record. He has been invaluable.'

Although she was born in Dulwich, South London, Camilla spent her early years in New Zealand. Her mother Deborah, 48, married chef Greg Morgan when Camilla was a baby, and the family moved to Auckland where Greg was known as the country's best pie-maker.

Camilla's love of classical music first emerged at primary school in Devonport, a suburb of Auckland.

'I went to a lovely little school,' she remembers. 'I was a junior cheerleader and I played rugby and cricket. I loved it there. One day my mother went in for parents' day and the teacher said, "Most children come in singing nursery rhymes but your daughter sings opera."

'If anything, Mum's more of a Celine Dion fan but, strangely, when she was pregnant with me, all she ever wanted to do was sit with a big bag of oranges on her lap, listening to classical music.'

The family returned to Britain when Camilla was eight, first settling in a hamlet on the outskirts of Preston, Lancashire, and later moving to Kingston, Surrey. However, life was still tough.

'It got to the point where we had so little to live off,' recalls Camilla. 'My father was doing poorly paid jobs where he had to cycle 20 miles to work and 20 miles back every day because we couldn't afford a car.

'All of us were super-slim because food was scarce. I got free school dinners and I think the dinner ladies knew the kids who didn't have much because they always gave me thirds.'

It was while she was a pupil at Holyfield School in Surbiton that Camilla first realised how gifted she was.

'I was 14 and in detention in the music room after school for having thrown a pencil at a friend during lessons. Our teacher was late arriving so I started messing around on the piano, hamming up the title song from The Sound Of Music.

'As I went up the register, the other kids who had been kept behind were all saying, "Wow, that's so high" and just for fun I went higher and higher.

'It was at that point that the teacher walked in. He had been listening outside and said, "Do you realise you've just sung half an octave higher than the highest note ever written for the human voice?"'

And so Camilla decided to concentrate on arts subjects at school rather than sciences.

'Normally when you say to your parents, "I don't want to be a doctor any more, I want to be a singer," they freak out. But when I told my mother, she said, "It's about time." She's not one to let people not live their dreams.'

Camilla took her A-levels in sociology, film studies, music and performing arts at Esher College in Surrey (she got two As, a B and a C) before beginning a degree at the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford in September 2006. Thanks to her new-found success, she has deferred her final year.

Camilla funded herself through gigs and by selling a Chanel bag on eBay. 'I got it from a charity shop. It was a vintage gold-chain quilted bag which I bought for about £40 from Oxfam and sold it for about £1,800.

'That's what got me through university. I've always had to be resourceful. We never had any money in my family.'

Now, however, Camilla's fortunes look about to change.

• Camilla Kerslake is released by Future Records on November 16.

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 01.11.2009, 19:18 | Сообщение # 46
Candy)
Администраторы
Вот тут ещё и видео smile
http://webvw.info/web....erslake

PoohДата: Среда, 04.11.2009, 15:10 | Сообщение # 47
Candy)
Администраторы
Just a couple of weeks ago, Gary Barlow hosted a big showcase where he introduced this beautiful lady to the world. She's called Camilla Kerslake, and she's the very first signing to Gary's new record label Future Records (how bloody lucky is she?!). In Gaz's own words, Camilla's classical voice is “a unique and powerful instrument” and he's certain she's going to be huge. We were lucky enough to sample Camilla's singing for ourselves, and we agree – she's fantastic. And now we've got her – or even our, d'oh – hands on this exclusive video footage from the night itself, with Camilla's debut single She Moved Through The Fair playing through the clip. So, is Camilla heading for big things? Frankly, with that voice, she is – plus she has the likes of Mr Barlow behind her. Surely a WIN! Have a look at this video and let us know what you think of Gary's new protégée.

*Camilla's debut single She Moved Through The Fair is out now, and her self-titled debut album is out on 16 November.
http://www.heatworld.com/Article....rlow...

PoohДата: Среда, 04.11.2009, 15:11 | Сообщение # 48
Candy)
Администраторы
Вот ещё видео Камиллы biggrin Знаете она мне всё больше и больше нравиться wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Fq2cTl0jQ

АриДата: Среда, 04.11.2009, 16:22 | Сообщение # 49
Администраторы
Да она вообще вполне! На тюбе уже кое-где писать стали, что Донке надо быть внимательнее, а то молодая симпатичная блондинка проводит многовато времени с ее мужем. happy

PoohДата: Среда, 04.11.2009, 16:32 | Сообщение # 50
Candy)
Администраторы
Quote (Ари)
Донке надо быть внимательнее, а то молодая симпатичная блондинка проводит многовато времени с ее мужем

Да я тоже про это подумала cool

Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Forever love » Гари Барлоу и Камила Керслейк (Подопечная Гари выпускает альбом на его студии)
  • Страница 2 из 5
  • «
  • »
Поиск: