[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 3 из 6
  • «
  • »
Форум Take That & Robbie » TAKE THAT Forever » Progress » Беседы о ТАКЕ ТНАТ (Не относяшееся к чему либо конкретно но про ТТ)
Беседы о ТАКЕ ТНАТ
SwanheartДата: Вторник, 05.07.2011, 00:42 | Сообщение # 51
Rule the world
VIP Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 149
Dolly, меня тоже порадовало biggrin

Heart of glass, Blondie sings in her ear, You're a rock queen, honey and we all hear you (с)

SwanheartДата: Среда, 06.07.2011, 19:18 | Сообщение # 52
Rule the world
интересные обложки журнала BBC - Radio Times и комментарии к ним
Создавались фанатом Доктора Кто и ТТ - поэтому обложки являются сочетанием обоих его интересов. Занятно)
(с) http://frontcoveroftheradiotimes.tumblr.com/

So, like I said in the first post in this Blog, I’ve been working on a number of RT covers that “combine” Take That and “Doctor Who”. After I’d done a few other RT covers with Pop Stars for profile pictures I realised I hadn’t done any TT ones and started to think of possible ideas. The first one I thought of was “Weeping Angels Instead”. Obviously.
Robbie Williams left Take That in 1995 and his solo career started reasonably well when “Freedom” and “Old Before I Die” both went to number 2, but “Lazy Days” didn’t get that high and “South of the Border” only scraped the twenty. “Life Through a Lense” (the debut solo album) was looking like a flop until the release of widescreen epic power ballad “Angels”. Phew! Career saved!
The Weeping Angels have been popular since they first appeared in “Doctor Who” in the 2007 episode “Blink”.
My very first idea for this cover had me, Rob and an Angel but as I started to think of literally dozens of other TT/DW cover ideas I decided to leave my own face out of them; abandoning the Profile Picture idea and going for something “bigger”.
This was a really quick job - scanned in a picture of Rob from an old issue of “Smash Hits” and rotated and cropped a photo of an Angel that I’d taken at the “Doctor Who” exhibition at Earl’s Court in 2008. In nearly all the TT/DW covers there are references to when the song that’s being alluded to was released or when the “Who” story involved was broadcast. “Angels ” was released in 1997.

When I started thinking of ideas for Take That/Doctor Who images I thought about which Take That songs could be combined with which Doctor Who stories and also of any obvious puns I could use that used the names of the members of Take That. The first of these that I thought of was “The Orange Death”.
The source Doctor Who story is “The Green Death” from the tenth season. It’s a famous story - “the one with the maggots” and of course it saw the departure of the character of Jo Grant who was played by Katy Manning.
For those of you wondering where the “Orange” comes from; the chap in the photo is Take That member Jason Orange.
I vaguely based this on the cover of the DVD release in as much as I knew I’d have to use a Pit Wheel and some maggots. I was quite pleased with how I was able to blend the detail on Katy’s jacket with one of the maggot photos.
The photo of Jason was from the video shoot for “The Garden”. I found a nice sunset picture and that worked perfectly as a background.
This was the second Who/That cover I did. There’s maybe too much dead black space but I was very pleased with how it turned out.

This was the first Take That RT cover that I completed. Like “The Orange Death” it incorporates the name of a band member into a Doctor Who story title.
I’ve actually done a fair few that play on the word “Mark” or words that sound like it or can be made to sound like it.
“Mark of the Rani” of the first DW/TT cover ideas to spring to mind. And, yes, I know, the Tetraps were in “Time and the Rani” but I like Tetraps.
I built over a self created background; there a lots of great photos of Kate O’Mara around and the way she is lit allowed me to blend it into the background very effectively.
I built up a line of Tetraps before dropping Mark on top.
As a first attempt I was very happy.

There are practically no photos of The Empty Child…
One of the simplest TT/DW RT covers; took about forty minutes to do from start to finish.
Not the most complicated of jokes either, “Child” was the name of Mark Owen’s first solo single which was released in late 1996.
Background is a photo of St Paul’s cathedral during the blitz with a “flown in” barrage balloon to reference the “Doctor Who” episode.
The image of the Child is literally one of two that I could find - the picture of Mark is from an old Smash Hits and I used it (and the picture of The Doctor) purely because I could do a sort of cardboard cut out thing with them. Bit of a blue tint and some text and that’s yer lot!
At first I thought it was a bit too ordinary but it’s grown on me since

After I’d done a few Take That covers my imagination really began firing and I would honestly be unable to sleep some evenings as my poor old brain would be working away thinking about stories and songs that could be matched together.
“Love & Monsters” was the “Doctor-lite” episode from David Tennant’s first series that featured Peter Kay and Marc Warren. There are a few Take That spongs with “Love” in the title and at first I considered “Once You’ve Tasted Love & Monsters” (before I thought of an even more painful pun for that song…) or “Holding on to Your Love & Monsters” before I decided to use Gary Barlow’s first solo single; the beautiful “Forever Love” - a number one hit in 1996.
Very quickly thanks to some of the themes of the “Doctor Who” episode and the overly romantic lyric of Gary’s song I had the idea of spoofing the poster for the second of the Richard Curtis produced “Bridget Jones” movie - “Edge of Reason”. The original poster has Rene Zelwigger flanked by Hugh Grant and Colin Firth and I thought it would be funny to have Peter Kay’s Abzorbaloff flanked by Gary and the Tenth Doctor but my first assemblage didn’t look too good so I tried again with the Doctor in the middle and I think it works much better.
It’s a very simple sort of design but I like it a great deal. By putting the word “Love” in red I made another reference to another Richard Curtis movie, the magnificent “Love Actually”.

Heart of glass, Blondie sings in her ear, You're a rock queen, honey and we all hear you (с)

SwanheartДата: Среда, 06.07.2011, 19:22 | Сообщение # 53
Rule the world

One of the more torturous “titles”, “Warriors of the How Deep is Your Love” was one of the first TT covers I did after “Mark of the Rani” and “The Orange Death”.
“Warriors of the Deep” is a much-maligned story from the last Davison series. “How Deep is Your Love” was the Bee Gees cover which was the final single released by Take That before they split up in 1996.
Not too difficult or tricky this one. The background is a green tinted photo I took in Troon a couple of years ago. The picture of the That was (not too succesfully) scanned in from an old Smash Hits and was the photo that was circulated immediately after Rob left in 1995. Partly as a play on the word “How” (short for Howard) but mainly because it’s a bit silly, I replaced Howard with a Sea Devil. (A Sea Devil I photographed in 1993…)
It’s a simple enough conceit but because the band picture scanned badly I think it fails a little in the execution.

Take That are playing in Glasgow this week. (I live in Glasgow) I went to see them last night and I’m going again on Friday (tomorrow).
This cover “invokes” the song that opens the show - “Rule The World”. The song was realeased as a single in 2007 when it was also featured on the soundtrack to the movie “Stardust” (not as good as the book). It hung around the charts for AGES.
The “Doctor Who” story in question is the second episode of the Chris Eccleston story that introduced the Slitheen - “World War Three”.
At no point did I think of attempting to create a “normal” sort of montage for this one. I think that would have been very hard; trying to combine images from the video with pictures of Mickey and Rose for example.
I had the idea for the cover almost as soon as I thought of combining the two titles which was to pay homage to the BBC DVD release of political thriller “State of Play” (which had a few sometime “Doctor Who” cast members in it’s, um, cast…) by using large clear photos over a two-toned colour background. “World War Three” being set in and around Downing Street was enough of a link.
The video for “Rule The World” shows Gary, Mark, Jason and Howard in the studio supoosedly recording the song and that’s where the band photos come from. I like the one of Mark and Gary at the top. And I love the one of Doctor Nine striding onto Whitehall. Big Ben is an obvious London landmark that features in the story.
And I photoshopped a Slitheen into a photo of my bedroom. You can see the framed Manfred Mann sheet music and a bit of the Tony Harris JSA poster.
I like this because of the simplicity. And the “framed pictures” idea let me bring two rather difficult to connect titles together. The same thought inspired another cover too…

This is not one of my best. In fact, this was the second attempt. The original was even worse.
“Ghost Light” is a wonderfully rich story from Sylvester’s last season. “Hold Up a Light” is a beautiful and uplifting tune sung by Mark Owen from “The Circus” album released in 2008. It was the second song to be played in this year’s TT tour.
“Hold Up a Ghost Light” occurred to me fairly early on. The image uses a picture of Sophie Aldred from the story, a picture of Mark from the video shoot of “The Garden” and a photo of a Husk that I took at a Doctor Who exhibition in my home town of Paisley in 1992.
This is a bit random really, and it’s made all the more random by using the opening line of the song. It almost conjures up images of Mark dancing with Ace whilst The Doctor faces up to Gary and Jason as Josiah devolved Howard into a monkey. Hmmm. Howard holding a banana might have improved this…

Another in the Take That/Doctor Who series, “Relight My Dragonfire” was another one that sprung to mind almost at once. “Relight My Fire” being Take That’s second number one and “Dragonfire” being the closing story of Season 24.
Like the “Ghost Light” cover this is a complete remake. The first version used a different picture of Mark and also featured a small 7th Doctor but it looked AWFUL. I knew I could do better.
The image of Kane is a photo I took at a Doctor Who event in 1993, as is the Dragon. You can probably see that I had cut off the Dragon’s arms and re-attached them in order to balance the picture a little more - late on I had the idea of having it hold the brolly which was an image that didn’t actually feature in the story.
Mark (in the famous shirt he wore in the video) has been scanned in from a trading card which explains why he’s a little foggy.
There are a lot of very iconic images of Take That and it’s members and Mark in the “baddy powder” shirt is one of the most famous but finding good clear photos is actually very difficult.
I like this one a lot. It cracks me up, actually!
And I had ideas for other stories with the word “fire” in the title…

This is another in the Dr Who/Take That series.
If you’re a Doctor Who fan of a certain age you’ll recognise that is clearly based on the Chris Achilleos cover illustration for the original Target novelisation of the story “Pyramids of Mars”. (Did you see what I did there?)
Surprisingly for such a simple design it took quite a while.
I built the orange/yellow background from scratch - it’s not an exact match for the original and the white box isn’t in exactly the same spot either but the photos of Tom Baker and the Mummy Robot are the same ones used as reference in the original cover. Tom was scanned in from a black and white still I bought YEARS ago in the shop Movie Magic in Glasgow’s long gone and much missed Virginia Galleries.
Placing Tom and the Mummy was fairly easy but I spent ages placing and trying to tint the photo of Mark (from the video shoot for “Patience”) so he matched Tom. They don’t match as well asI’d like dbut from a few months perspective I think it looks pretty good! Only afterward did I realise I could have placed them and tinted them at the same time!
This is a favourite. I cracked up when I had the original idea and it still makes me chuckle.

Another Doctor Who/Take That collision!
The Take That song being referenced is “Beautiful World” which was also the title of the 2006 album released by the re-united Gary, Mark, Howard and Jason. It’s quite an uplifting song but it’s actually sung by Howard so he should probably be on the cover here but the jacket Jason is wearing here looks quite close to the very “flowery” men’s fashion on display in the “Doctor Who” story being referenced so he’s here instead.
That story is of course ”Enemy of the World”, for me at least the best story in “Doctor Who“‘s fifth season. The opening episode, even just from listening to it, is amongst the most exciting “Doctor Who” episodes ever! If I had to pick a missing story from Season Five to be “found” it would be this one! The story is famous for Patrick Troughton playing a dual role as the nasty Salamander in addition to his usual duties as the Doctor and it’s Salamander who’s seen here. (I think Pat looks a little like Robbie Williams.)
This cover is closely based on the Alister Pearson cover for the early 90s reprint of the Target novel. I haven’t looked at this for a while and to be honest I’m quite impressed with it from a few months distance. There’s a gag in the date and price information that relates to the story as well as the year of broadcast.

DollyДата: Среда, 06.07.2011, 20:03 | Сообщение # 54
Из Марковного гарема
Награды: 109
Swanheart, любопытно smile всё-таки придётся Доктора смотреть biggrin

SwanheartДата: Среда, 06.07.2011, 21:13 | Сообщение # 55
Rule the world
Dolly, Доктор Кто считается одной из гордостью Англии biggrin правда, я ни одной серии не смотрела happy

SebastianДата: Среда, 06.07.2011, 22:35 | Сообщение # 56
SuperTTman
Житель Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 79
Swanheart, happy happy happy happy happy

Здорово получилось

PoohДата: Четверг, 07.07.2011, 00:55 | Сообщение # 57
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
Вот честное слово незнаешь где и когда нарвёшься на ТТ happy Мы сейчас разговорились с одной поклонницей Джонатана моего Рис-Майерса и то да се дошли до ТТ! Оказалось у неё муж музыкант и когда ребята в 90-х выступали на каком-то французском шоу он тоже там выступал happy

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

DollyДата: Четверг, 07.07.2011, 01:10 | Сообщение # 58
Из Марковного гарема
Pooh, ничего себе муж happy

PoohДата: Четверг, 07.07.2011, 01:21 | Сообщение # 59
Candy)
Администраторы
Dolly, обычный музыкант на подыгрыше))) wink

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

SwanheartДата: Пятница, 22.07.2011, 23:02 | Сообщение # 60
Rule the world
Продолжение темы обложек в стиле RadioTimes
(с) http://frontcoveroftheradiotimes.tumblr.com/

This is maybe the most painful fusion in the Doctor Who/Take That series. “The Faceless Ones” is the exciting and utterly bonkers story from Season Four that’ set in Gatwick Airport and writes out two of my favourite companions in almost the worst way possible. “Once You’ve Tasted Love” is the third ever single by Take That and is, if I’m being honest, maybe my favourite Take That song. So, “The Faceless Ones You’ve Tasted Love” - even worse than “Warriors of the How Deep is Your Love”!
When building this I wanted to use the Chameleon and the iconic photo of the Doctor hiding behind the aeroplane wheel. That it ended up as an almost traditional “Boy Band Pose” sort of shot was pure accident - it just sort of fell together. Almost built itself.
Unless there’s a “Doctor Who” episode with the word “Promises” or the word “Heaven” or the word “Million Love Songs” in the title it’s probably the only RT cover where I’ll be able to use the classic “Early Barlow” spiked nappered Gary. Being honest, Howard is maybe a little too big in the picture here but not to worry.

The postings for Series Six continue with the only (so far!) Take That cover I’ve done for this group of episodes.
This is actually about the most recent TT RT cover I’ve done. It’s another fairly awful pun but what the hell?
“Back for Good” was the biggest selling single of the first part of Take That’s career. “A Good Man Goes to War” was the rather enjoyable mid-season finale episode of the 2011 series.
I’d originally planned to use a photo of The That that was taken at the video shoot before I remembered I had an old postcard that was sent out in 1995 to generate publicity for the release of the single. The boys are wearing the gear they wore at the 1995 Brit Awards where “Back For Good” was premiered. I imagine the photo was taken on the day as Rob looked a bit worse for wear at the Brits and looks a little spaced in the photo.
I re-ordered The That for the RT cover. Originally left to right they stood: Mark, Jay, Gary, Howard and Robbie. Robbie is almost in shadow on the postcard and so he looks quite good standing behind Rory. The shadows from the original postcard add a lot of atmosphere.
Dan Starkey has been in a few episodes as a Sontaran, and he’s clearly a good guy, so I was keen to “pay tribute”. I’d at first thought of sticking the Crime Fighting Victorian Silurian in too but it would have been very cluttered.
I think the “Good Man” of the episode is a reference to Rory rather than The Doctor which means I’m worried that River will kill her father. You mark my words. I was glad to find this picture of Arthur: it’s his first appearance on one of my RT covers.
This was sort of assembled in reverse with Arthur being placed first, then Dan, Mark, Gary, Rob, Jason and finally Howard. A slight colour tint and then text added. Job done!

Another in the Take That/Doctor Who series and I’m posting it today because the “Doctor Who” story that inspired it is released on DVD today. (I’m not sponsored by the BBC or anything, I’m just being topical.)
The story in question is of course “Paradise Towers” but here I’m doing some bad word play on the name of one of the band members; housewive’s favourite Howard Donald.
Good pictures of Howard are actually very hard to find. I used this one cos his big smile suits the awful pun.
For this cover I was mainly inspired by the covers Alister Pearson was doing for the Target reprints of Doctor Who books in the 90s - that’s why my initials appear in big letters in the corner and that’s why I went for the background colour scheme.
Obviously, that’s Bonnie Langford as Melanie and one of the cleaning robots but less obvious is the building Howard has been placed in front of. In the story Paradise Towers is represented by lots of shots of big glass buildings. Here it’s represented by a photo of the Buchanan Galleries shopping centre in Glasgow as seen from the top of the staircase outside Queen St station.
I thang yew.

Another Take That /Doctor Who creation.
This follows from my post the other day of “Paradise Howards” with another awful play on words that rifs on the wonderful story from Season Six “The Mind Robber”.
“The Mind Robert” obviously alludes to Robbie Williams and was another one that I thought of very early on and was one of the first I completed; indeed I actually “drew” this on my birthday this year.
At first I was going to include a Medusa and a unicorn and attempt an Alister Pearson style montage but I then I had the idea of using a frame from the Troughton title sequence as the background and using the iconic shot of Jamie and Zoe and the White Robots. So I did.
Frame from the titles turned upside down and flipped into negative and then the characters and Rob dropped on top.
I quite like it, it’s not perfect but it was done very late at night…

Another play on words that uses the name of a member of Take That. Mark Owen crammed into Season Twenty’s Gallifrey-centric “Arc of Infinity”.
This didn’t take long. I stuck Mark’s head on a photo of the Omega costume I had taken in 1993. Added Davison and some tulips, a slight colour tint and then the text and that was it!
Awful in it’s simplicity and it’s humour. Sorry!

SebastianДата: Пятница, 22.07.2011, 23:11 | Сообщение # 61
SuperTTman
Житель Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 79
Swanheart, классные обложки ))

SwanheartДата: Суббота, 23.07.2011, 00:45 | Сообщение # 62
Rule the world
Джеймс Корден, он же Смитти, он же "Гари" в Happy Now о своей любви к ТТ:
(для тех, кто смотрел еще с ним сценку про сборную Англию - он еще едет в машине и поет ТТ biggrin )
“I used to know the opening 35 minutes of Take That Live in Berlin… the whole routine! I would either be Gary or Robbie, but when I was Robbie I wouldn’t do the lead vocals I’d just do Robbie’s bits, like on I Found Heaven. Have I got over the love of Take That? No! I love them. I absolutely love them. It was the greatest moment of my life when we did the Brits, meeting them and them saying how much they love the show, I honestly felt like I couldn’t breathe… I thought this is amazing what’s happening.”

SwanheartДата: Понедельник, 08.08.2011, 23:51 | Сообщение # 63
Rule the world
Британский сериал Sugartown, 3 эпизод
Em: When Robbie left I felt a lot of anger

Сообщение отредактировал Swanheart - Вторник, 09.08.2011, 00:21

PoohДата: Понедельник, 08.08.2011, 23:57 | Сообщение # 64
Candy)
Администраторы
Swanheart, а что это за хрень с Робби? angry angry angry

SwanheartДата: Вторник, 09.08.2011, 00:08 | Сообщение # 65
Rule the world
Pooh, эээ... я даже не заметила этого 0_____0
увы, я пока не могу найти, где можно посмотреть этот сериал, чтобы как-то прокомментировать эпизодд. Если найду - расскажу.

DollyДата: Вторник, 09.08.2011, 00:09 | Сообщение # 66
Из Марковного гарема
Pooh, Swanheart, так написано же - она разозлилась, что он ушёл из группы biggrin вот и разрисовала))

обои отвратительные angry

PoohДата: Вторник, 09.08.2011, 00:11 | Сообщение # 67
Candy)
Администраторы
Dolly, блин слов нет - КАК РУКА ПОДНЯЛАСЬ - СВОЛОЧИ cool cool cool

SwanheartДата: Вторник, 09.08.2011, 00:12 | Сообщение # 68
Rule the world
Quote (Dolly)
так написано же - она разозлилась, что он ушёл из группы

я просто мельком все это увидела, запостила - и почему-то подумала, что злобу она к ТТ испытывала. Я даже плакат толком не рассмотрела 0___0

JulieДата: Вторник, 09.08.2011, 08:31 | Сообщение # 69
Your time is coming don't be late, hey hey!
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Награды: 40
Quote (Dolly)
обои отвратительные

Quote (Pooh)
КАК РУКА ПОДНЯЛАСЬ - СВОЛОЧИ

об чем вы???

Всё будет хорошо я это знаю, знаю!

PoohДата: Вторник, 09.08.2011, 11:18 | Сообщение # 70
Candy)
Администраторы
Julie, посмотри на плакат ТТ и меня поймешь! Смотри на Роба!

SwanheartДата: Вторник, 09.08.2011, 15:26 | Сообщение # 71
Rule the world
Julie, Pooh, смотреть не на что - я удалила картинку dry

PoohДата: Вторник, 09.08.2011, 15:31 | Сообщение # 72
Candy)
Администраторы
Swanheart, да не очень картинка dry

JulieДата: Вторник, 09.08.2011, 15:32 | Сообщение # 73
Your time is coming don't be late, hey hey!
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Награды: 40
Quote (Swanheart)
смотреть не на что - я удалила картинку

уффф happy а ведь я честно пыталась найти что то эдакое!

Всё будет хорошо я это знаю, знаю!

KaTTaloniaДата: Вторник, 09.08.2011, 15:35 | Сообщение # 74
Karma Killer
Награды: 20
Julie, не поверишь но я тоже)))все картинки на страницах обсмотрела и ничего криминального не нашла...

if loving you is wrong i don`t wanna be right

SwanheartДата: Воскресенье, 14.08.2011, 18:52 | Сообщение # 75
Rule the world
Из интервью Кэтрин Дженкинс:
- А что вы сами любите слушать во время утренней пробежки или занятий в тренажерном зале?
- Очень люблю Рианну, Эминема, Бейонсе, Алишу Кис, "Westlife", но избранно. Поклонница всех альбомов "Take That" и Мадонны... То есть, как вы видите, я отдаю предпочтение современной поп-музыке.

© http://www.newsinfo.ru/articles/2011-08-11/Jenkins/759508/

Форум Take That & Robbie » TAKE THAT Forever » Progress » Беседы о ТАКЕ ТНАТ (Не относяшееся к чему либо конкретно но про ТТ)
  • Страница 3 из 6
  • «
  • »
Поиск: