[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
Форум Take That & Robbie » TAKE THAT Forever » The Circus » 1, 3, 4, 5 July 09 - Wembley Stadium (Английский тур - лето 2009)
1, 3, 4, 5 July 09 - Wembley Stadium
CarmenLGДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 17:58 | Сообщение # 126
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 9
Take That's Wembley sensation

Ipswich and Suffolk fans swelled the 80,000 crowd as a hot summer's night turned into a Wembley Stadium sensation for reformed popsters Take That.

I rated the show as gob-smackingly fantastic, not only for the music.

The Circus name for the Manchester boys' event had led me to believe there would be costumes here and clown postures there - but there were eye-opening moments and gasps at every point in a two-hour set.

This was world-class music - and a real circus to outshine any big-top spectacular. It was out-of-this-world but I won't give away any secrets as more than 250,000 people, many from Suffolk, will enjoy three more Take That shows over the next few days.

I've been to most of the England matches at Wembley - it's the home of English football - and I thought the venue was perfect for a major pop gathering.

Take That have come back so strongly after a decade away ... when they counted their fortunes and watched as ex-member Robbie Williams became a world star.

Now Robbie is in the shadows and Gary Barlow and Co are stronger than ever, their music capturing the hearts of a new, teenage, generation, as well as the mums (and a few dads like me) of yesteryear.

The band is a serious musical force, never mind all the clowning around.

To cap a marvellous evening I had good journey to and from Wembley thanks to my a sneaky way in to north London, parking for free at the top of the Jubilee Line, north of the stadium, and stopping at just four tube stations, avoiding any hot dash through the city centre.

There was even time for a cooling soft drink in a trendy bar, near Canons Park station, before the drive back to Suffolk, via the A1 and M25, which took under two hours.

What an evening ... Take That!

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content....06.aspx

CarmenLGДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 18:21 | Сообщение # 127
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Roll up, roll up: Take That bring all the fun of the Circus to Wembley
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 12:55 PM on 02nd July 2009

Take That cemented their standing as the biggest group in Britain last night with a spectacular performance of their Circus tour at Wembley Stadium.

With 75,000 fans waiting in anticipation for the concert of the year, Take That had a lot of expectations to live up to last night as they entered the massive venue.
But the crowd were clearly impressed as the four-piece pulled out all the stops to guarantee a thrilling, high-energy show from start to finish.

The Circus comes to Wembley: 75,000 fans watched Take That arrive in the stadium on a giant elephant

After kicking off the tour in Sunderland last month, it's the large lofty space of Europe's second biggest stadium Wembley that their extravaganza really comes into its own.
In contrast to Britney Spears's sexy outfits on her similarly named Circus tour, Take That aren't afraid to show their silly side as they don full clown make-up and funny outfits in a closer representation of an actual circus.
While the group concentrated many of their songs on their circus ring stage, they stunned the crowd by performed Circus album track The Garden at the top of a 30 foot model elephant.
As well as the usual singing, dancing and playing instruments, bandmembers Gary Barlow, Jason Orange, Howard Donald and Mark Owen show they have also acquired new skills specially for the tour.

soaking up the atmosphere: The group perform for their tens of thousands of fans

Welcome to the house of fun: The concert included juggling, trapeze artists and pyrotechnics

The group balanced on long ladders next to giant storks and also managed to stay upright on unicycles.
Among their various costumes, the group appeared to have been inspired by The Beatles' Sgt Pepper days as they sang in military uniforms - a style also used by Coldplay.
As well performing tracks from their latest album The Circus, including Greatest Day and How Did It All Come To This?, they also sang their Nineties hits, including Pray, Back For Good and A Million Love Songs.
Ever grateful to their fans for making their comeback so successful, the gracious pop stars repeatedly thanked the crowd for their support.

Fans have shelled out £50million on tickets to see what for many will be the fulfilment of a teenage dream.
Take That's 'Circus' is the most successful comeback album of recent times, selling one million copies within 19 days of its release in December last year.
Since Michael Jackson's sudden death last week, Take That have reclaimed their record as the fastest-selling concert in Britain.

Extravaganza: Take That sing against a backdrop of performing circus acts

Despite huge anticipation over their tour, the group ruled out a longed-for reunion with former bandmate Robbie Williams.
Jason said there was 'no chance' they would get together for The Circus tour.
The 38-year-old told the Manchester Evening News: 'Unfortunately - and I mean unfortunately - there is no chance of it happening this time.'
He said that talks had taken place with Robbie, 35, but he'd decided it wasn't 'right' for him.
Jason said there were concerns how a reunion would be perceived by the public - as some could see it as a means of boosting Robbie's career.
Earlier this year, Robbie admitted he hoped to join the band: 'I'm in regular contact with them and it's looking more likely by the week. The lads all seem up for it. I think it would be fun.

Camping it up: The group changed into sequinned Circus outfits for one number

'Let's see what happens, but my head's in the right place, so the timing could be right if Gary (Barlow) calls.
'I think it would be fun. It would be good.'
Formed in 1989, Take That sold more than 19million records between 1991 and 1996 before splitting up.
After a 2005 documentary and a new greatest hits album, they announced a 2006 reunion tour around the UK, called The Ultimate Tour.
Then in May that year, they revealed they were to record their first studio album in more than ten years, entitled Beautiful World. A tour of Europe and the UK followed.

Easy does it: The group sang The Garden on the mechanical 30 foot elephant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb....ey.html

CarmenLGДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 18:36 | Сообщение # 128
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Live music review of Take That gig at Wembley
Only seriously bitter Robbie Williams fans won't enjoy this circus-themed spectacular from Mark Owen, Gary Barlow and co
by: Oliver Keens
2 July 2009

THERE are only two types of people in the world who wouldn't have adored Take That's triumphant first night at Wembley - coulrophobics (those scared of clowns) and seriously bitter Robbie fans.

The scale of their circus-themed show was audacious beyond belief and it didn't fail to dazzle the 80,000 strong crowd.

View Gallery

The lads paced the show perfectly. The Coldplay-aping Greatest Day eased everyone in nicely, while Could It Be Magic and Pray saw them limber up for the campness to follow by busting moves straight out of 1993.

While the songs gained momentum, so did the jaw-dropping staging. At one point, they rode through the crowd on a precarious 50ft pneumatic elephant, all the while bravely singing The Garden and not missing a note.

After a Monkees-esque segment where they played as a band, it was time to send in the clowns. Suitably face-painted, the boys pumped out a medley of oldies like It Only Takes A Minute whilst unicycling, and topped it off for good measure with an explosion that made their trousers all fall down.

The theatrics just kept coming. With the sun setting, Relight My Fire saw a cast of cat-fighting bondage queens take to the stage while the band reappeared in PVC and devilish red sequins. The rousing Rule The World ended a spectacular and extremely unique evening. The comeback kids took a huge gamble but, boy, did it pay off.

http://www.thelondonpaper.com/going-o....wembley

Сообщение отредактировал CarmenLG - Четверг, 02.07.2009, 18:45

CarmenLGДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 18:43 | Сообщение # 129
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ

PoohДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 19:02 | Сообщение # 130
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
TanyaB, НУ КРУТО-КРУТО))) А ка кже ж ты попала на концерт то 1 июля? surprised
CarmenLG, thanks 4 pics and links smile

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

TanyaBДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 19:38 | Сообщение # 131
Back for good
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 0
Pooh, ya bilety pokupala davno, prosto xotela ix prodat', no ne poluchilos' k schast'yu biggrin

*THANKS FOR THAT NIGHT, SUN *

PoohДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 19:46 | Сообщение # 132
Candy)
Администраторы
TanyaB, не я помню ты ж говорила что мужику какому то продала вот я и удивилась biggrin

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

CarmenLGДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 22:43 | Сообщение # 133
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
More pics love

Take That took to the Wembley Stadium stage for the first in a series of gigs. Here, Howard Donald gets the audience involved. As if they needed asking...

Gary Barlow belts out another hit in true boyband style

The band couldn't quite perfect their my-little-teapot routine. Back to rehearsals lads

Ah... group hug. But what's that sneaky microphone up to?

'Gary!! Can we juggle your balls?' No says Mark. Juggle mine instead

Fed up with more conventional dance moves, Jason trials his best Riverdance jig

The boys scaled coloured ladders to sing Hello

Take That’s grand entrance atop a hydraulic elephant

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standar....3370676

CarmenLGДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 22:46 | Сообщение # 134
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Take That are true sultans of pop
By David Smyth, Evening Standard 02.07.09

Four years since they re-formed following a TV documentary that revealed each of them to be at a fairly low ebb, the Take That Phase Two statistics machine gets busier by the day.

Their Circus tour, which arrived at Wembley Stadium last night, remains Britain’s fastest seller now that Michael Jackson’s doesn’t count.
Four nights here is more than Oasis, Coldplay and U2 this summer, making them officially our favourite band.

If they were any bigger they could be seen from space, which seemed to be the ultimate goal of this colossal spectacle, a colourful dazzler that made serious stadium domination look like all the fun of the fair.

Short of an Olympics opening ceremony it was hard to imagine a brighter start than the quartet’s entrance, probably the most magical I have seen at any concert, big or small. A slow build involving dozens of performers dressed as blue skies culminated in a glorious launch of balloons from all sides.

Dressed in Coldplay-style military uniforms, they demonstrated their current maturity with a fittingly anthemic Greatest Day, before scaling multi-coloured ladders next to soaring puppet storks for the Beatles bounce of Hello.

They strolled through their own personal rain showers during Back For Good, while the Big Top extravaganza of trapezes and trampolining that erupted all around for Shine featured so much activity we needed extra eyes.

The real star was a giant hydraulic elephant which transported Take That between stages while they sang new ballad The Garden — a fifth member to be proud of. Never mind the King of Pop, here were its sultans.

There were signs that they take themselves more seriously as they approach 40. A three-song segment saw them playing at being a rock band, with Gary Barlow on piano, Jason Orange on guitar, Mark Owen on bass and Howard Donald on drums.

A medley of their earliest, cheesiest tunes was performed dressed as clowns, allowing them to air the old dance routines while admitting their silliness.

Take That are not traditionally a five-star act, probably because they are not considered a “proper” band, but what more could we have asked of a show that had everything an event of this scale demands and more? There were mass singalongs, miraculous stunts, humour, emotion and flaming hula hoops.

In the middle of it all were four likeable blokes singing How Did It Come To This? How indeed. It will take a long time for this balloon to come back to earth.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music....3714722

PoohДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 22:49 | Сообщение # 135
Candy)
Администраторы
A gigantic model elephant topped with four of Britain's most sought-after heart-throbs isn't something you see everyday.

And Take That's breathtaking entrance to Wednesday's Wembley concert had the 80,000-strong crowd in raptures.

As the spectacular scene unfolded in front of them, many of the London ticket-holders could hardly have imagined the scale of the event as Gary, Mark, Howard and Jason took to the stage.

Continuing their Circus Live tour across the country, the quartet pulled out all the stops as jets of fire welcomed them to the arena where they were joined by tumbling acrobats and a marching band.

Despite support act Lady Gaga's last-minute cancellation, the crowd weren't left disappointed as their idols more than made up for her absence with a jaw-dropping performance.

Due to play Wembley for the next four nights, fans must've been left wondering just how the boy band could top their performance.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebri....general

PoohДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 22:50 | Сообщение # 136
Candy)
Администраторы
Take That's Wembley sensation

Ipswich and Suffolk fans swelled the 80,000 crowd as a hot summer's night turned into a Wembley Stadium sensation for reformed popsters Take That.

I rated the show as gob-smackingly fantastic, not only for the music.

The Circus name for the Manchester boys' event had led me to believe there would be costumes here and clown postures there - but there were eye-opening moments and gasps at every point in a two-hour set.

This was world-class music - and a real circus to outshine any big-top spectacular. It was out-of-this-world but I won't give away any secrets as more than 250,000 people, many from Suffolk, will enjoy three more Take That shows over the next few days.

I've been to most of the England matches at Wembley - it's the home of English football - and I thought the venue was perfect for a major pop gathering.

Take That have come back so strongly after a decade away ... when they counted their fortunes and watched as ex-member Robbie Williams became a world star.

Now Robbie is in the shadows and Gary Barlow and Co are stronger than ever, their music capturing the hearts of a new, teenage, generation, as well as the mums (and a few dads like me) of yesteryear.

The band is a serious musical force, never mind all the clowning around.

To cap a marvellous evening I had good journey to and from Wembley thanks to my a sneaky way in to north London, parking for free at the top of the Jubilee Line, north of the stadium, and stopping at just four tube stations, avoiding any hot dash through the city centre.

There was even time for a cooling soft drink in a trendy bar, near Canons Park station, before the drive back to Suffolk, via the A1 and M25, which took under two hours.

What an evening ... Take That!
http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content....06.aspx

PoohДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 23:00 | Сообщение # 137
Candy)
Администраторы
http://www.youtube.com/user/leha0607
Take That give Chris a backstage tour @ Wembley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhuIUI5rbg0
http://www.youtube.com/user/robdulc
Mark Owen falling off Unicycle (Take That live at Wembley)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2fcBk8F3F0
http://www.youtube.com/user/karaf82

CarmenLGДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 23:06 | Сообщение # 138
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Quote (Pooh)
Take That give Chris a backstage tour @ Wembley

Lovely video of the guys.. thanks Pooh.

Сообщение отредактировал CarmenLG - Четверг, 02.07.2009, 23:10

PoohДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 23:11 | Сообщение # 139
Candy)
Администраторы
CarmenLG, you are wellcome biggrin

RinaДата: Четверг, 02.07.2009, 23:51 | Сообщение # 140
Cold hands warm heart
VIP Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 47
Йех, меня этот слон убивает - в хорошем смысле, классно смотрится - но он же полупрозрачный, полупустой! surprised
А ещё странно видеть на некоторых фото, как Марки стоит рядом с народом, а девушки смотрят в другую сторону)) Живая Марковка рядом улыбается - нет, нам это не интересно happy
В общем, хочу ДВД. А ещё билеты в Англию и на концерт wink

PoohДата: Пятница, 03.07.2009, 00:03 | Сообщение # 141
Candy)
Администраторы
Quote (silf)
А ещё билеты в Англию и на концерт

Ну в следующий раз вместе поедем biggrin
Пыталась на видео разглядеть Нелю и Олю с флагом но че то не нашла dry

RinaДата: Пятница, 03.07.2009, 00:09 | Сообщение # 142
Cold hands warm heart
Награды: 47
Quote (Pooh)
Пыталась на видео разглядеть Нелю и Олю с флагом но че то не нашла

Pooh, у меня от количества ссылок уже лёгкое помутнение рассудка)) Ты на какой (каких) пыталась их рассмотреть? Может я попробую wink

PoohДата: Пятница, 03.07.2009, 00:13 | Сообщение # 143
Candy)
Администраторы
silf, да на всех) happy И Ари за компанию) Ну на тех которые у би стейдж снимались)

НеляДата: Пятница, 03.07.2009, 16:15 | Сообщение # 144
Rule the world
Награды: 6
Еще мои фотки:

Гаря на слоне :

Поют Шайн:

Джейсюнька biggrin

НеляДата: Пятница, 03.07.2009, 16:20 | Сообщение # 145
Rule the world

НеляДата: Пятница, 03.07.2009, 16:23 | Сообщение # 146
Rule the world

Марк - хохотушка happy

Продолжение следует.... biggrin

Сообщение отредактировал Неля - Пятница, 03.07.2009, 16:29

НеляДата: Пятница, 03.07.2009, 16:27 | Сообщение # 147
Rule the world
biggrin biggrin biggrin ЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫ, флаг barbarian :

это уже после концерта уставшая и счасливая

bluegirlДата: Пятница, 03.07.2009, 17:03 | Сообщение # 148
Истинная Кенгурятина
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 4
Quote (Неля)
флаг

Отличный флаг!!! И здорово, что ребятки видели!!! ))) фотку сохранила smile

Чудо свершилось 3 января ))))

MaryДата: Пятница, 03.07.2009, 19:10 | Сообщение # 149
Now I met you where the lights are...
Награды: 87
Неля, ПОТРЯСАЮЩЕ!!! Сижу перед компом со счастливой рожей в весь мир влюбленная

I ran a thousand miles to be by your side...

AnkaДата: Пятница, 03.07.2009, 20:31 | Сообщение # 150
I am what I am
Награды: 15
Неля, Я так рада за тебя!!! А флаг просто потрясный!!!! Парни точно видели!!!!

Рано или поздно, так или иначе.

Форум Take That & Robbie » TAKE THAT Forever » The Circus » 1, 3, 4, 5 July 09 - Wembley Stadium (Английский тур - лето 2009)
Поиск: