[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Speak Without Words » Интервью и цитаты Хова (Всяческие))
Интервью и цитаты Хова
PoohДата: Суббота, 24.01.2009, 02:25 | Сообщение # 1
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
ВОт совсем свежее интервью с Ховом)
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifesty....1063085
The D J Q & A

Jan 23 2009 Andy Everett

Howard Donald Clubbing With Andy Everett

AS part of Take That, Howard Donald is one of the most successful pop stars in the UK. This summer the band embark on a sold-out 20-date arena tour that includes gigs at Hampden Park. However, as a DJ Howard is less well-known. It was his passion, even before Take That, and it became his career when the band split in 1996. But who is Howard Donald the DJ? Here, the 40-year-old fills us in...

Q LOOKING forward to playing in Glasgow at the end of March?

A DEFINITELY looking forward to it as I haven't DJd in Scotland for some time. I think the last time was in Edinburgh, I can't be sure, but I always have good memories of it. I love the Scottish crowd - they really know how to party.

Q YOU'RE perhaps known a bit better internationally as a DJ than you are within the UK.

For those that haven't heard your sets before describe your style?

A I'D like to think that wasn't true because alongside my agency Fresh we have worked really hard to ensure people do take me seriously as a DJ, particularly in the UK, because people in the UK are more sceptical than anywhere else. My style is underground electro with a few vocals dropped in.

Q WHEN did your passion for DJing start to develop?

A I HAVE always had a passion for DJing even before the band started the first time round when I was playing clubs in Manchester.

Q HOW hard was it for you to be respected as a DJ after TT split?

A IT was very difficult, it would have been very easy to go after the money and sell myself out by playing in big commercial clubs but that isn't what I'm about. It's all about the music for me and although promoters in the UK do seem to be taking me seriously now, it's taken a long time to get to this point, whereas in Germany where I play a lot they were very open-minded and accepted me as a DJ almost straight away.

Q DO you feel your success with TT has been a help or a hindrance when it comes to establishing yourself as a credible DJ?

A NOW that's the six million dollar question. Without it people would never have known who I was, but equally because of it people expected me to be a commercial DJ. So in a way it helped, but it definitely also hindered at the start.

Q ARE you finding it difficult these days to balance work with TT and DJing?

A IT'S always been difficult to juggle things because first and foremost my family and daughters take priority and I will always make time for them. Obviously the TT schedule is very hectic and my DJing is fitted in between wherever possible.

Q ARE any of the other TT boys any good behind the decks?!

AHA HA, they have all had a go at some point I'm sure, but never really taken it seriously.

Q YOU'VE also been quite busy on the production front - anything we should be looking out for in 2009 from you?

A I COMPLETED a track last year called Going Home which I play out and had some good feedback for. You can hear it if you log on to my website www.howarddonald.co.uk

Q WHAT are the plans for Howard Donald the DJ in 2009?

A MORE of the same, really. I obviously have the TT tour this summer so that will take up most of my time but before and after I'll be squeezing as much DJing in as I possibly can, that's for sure.

Q WHAT can the Glasgow crowd expect from you?

A GOOD quality house music.

Howard plays Sabado@ Byblos on Saturday, March 28, 11pm-4am, tickets £15.

'My passion for DJing began way before Take That actually started'

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Вторник, 10.01.2012, 23:21 | Сообщение # 2
Candy)
Администраторы
Me and Jason, we do the choreography for the band, usually in hotel rooms. At first we used to do the choreography in rehearsal rooms, but now we find, when we’re on the road we’re gonna be making routines in hotel rooms. We gotta make a routine for Relight My Fire, so we’re gonna be doing it in Japan, in a hotel room.

— Howard Donald - On The Air, 1993

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Среда, 11.01.2012, 22:26 | Сообщение # 3
Candy)
Администраторы
I had a £200 Fiesta. I said to Nigel, “Do you think I’ll ever earn enough to afford a Toyota Land Cruiser?” He said: “Yeah, you will,” so I stuck at it.
- Howard Donald
Q Magazine, 2009

PoohДата: Понедельник, 16.01.2012, 00:49 | Сообщение # 4
Candy)
Администраторы
Друзья кто-нибудь может статью на русский перевости! Свеженькое интервью с Ховом
http://www.vol.at/dirty-funky-electro-stargast-im-sender/3142035

PoohДата: Понедельник, 16.01.2012, 01:33 | Сообщение # 5
Candy)
Администраторы
Перевод интервью
Лустенау: Звездная тревога на радиостанции Лустенау: в прошедшую субботу здесь побывал участник Take That Ховард Дональд. wann&wo поговорил с элегантным британцем о его диджейской деятельности.

w&w: как бы ты описал свое музыкальное направление за вертушками?
Х.Д: ну, я и раньше, до своей карьеры в take that был диджеем. а сейчас мой стиль, пожалуй, ближе всего к dirty funky electro.
w&w: как ты взаимодействуешь с публикой будучи диджеем?
ХД: Когда я стою у вертушек, я беру всех людей на танцполе под лупу. я наблюдаю, как они реагируют на мои мелодии. музыка должна вызывать восторг.
поэтому для диджея важно знать людей и быть открытым к эспериментам. иногда выходит отлично, иногда похуже.
w&w: откуда ты берешь треки для своих сетов?
ХД: ну, так сложилось, что многие мои друзья тоже диджеи, и когда мы общаемся мы часто обмениваемся разными треками, которые я потом включаю в сеты.
также я люблю искать новую музыку в интернете, чтобы всегда быть в курсе актуальных музыкальных веяний.
w&w: из чего состоит твоя мотивация для того, чтобы быть диджеем?
ХД: с одной стороны это любовь к музыке, а с другой это вызов, что передо мной люди танцпола, а не классическая аудитория take that.
w&w:как звучит твой рецепт хорошего клубного вечера?
ХД: мне кажется, перед началом самого сета стоит просто часок посидеть и с бутылкой водки погрузиться в атмосферу клуба и музыки.
мне нравится быть диджеем. если все складывается хорошо, то мой оьычный трехчасовой сет может продолжаться и дольше, после такого мне, правда, необходимо минимум девять часов крепкого сна.
w&w: как у тебя дальше с take that?
ХД: пока что у нас нет каких-либо конкретных планов.

За перевод спасибо Михеду Улицкому с ВКотактов biggrin

WhiteCamomileДата: Понедельник, 16.01.2012, 01:55 | Сообщение # 6
Germany Team
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Награды: 30
Quote (Pooh)
а не классическая аудитория take that.

при таких словах невольно представляется масса приятных интеллигентных людей почти во фраках... которая мягко говоря никак не вяжется с той быстробегуще-оруще-визжащей толпой рыжих немок с сигаретами, частью которой мы были летом happy happy happy
хоть ничего конкретного и не сказал, а все равно приятны такие весточки.
Спасибо, Ховик

SwanheartДата: Четверг, 01.03.2012, 09:47 | Сообщение # 7
Rule the world
VIP Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 149
из старого

FULL NAME: Howard Paul Donald

DATE OF BIRTH: April 28, 1968

BIRTHPLACE: Manchester, England

STAR SIGN: Taurus

HEIGHT: 6’

EYES: Green

FAMILY DETAILS: Mum Kathleen, Stepdad Mike, Dad Keith, brothers Colin, Michael, and Glenn and a sister Samantha

BAD HABITS: Not bothering to cut nails, oversleeping

QUALITIES: Gunuine, honest, grateful, excellent sense of humour - Jason thinks Howard is the funniest person he knows. Also does a good impression of a tortoise.

FOOD: Italian, Indian (He and Jason had a stupid competition to see who could eat the hottest curry once. Whoever won would be King Na’an. Howard lost.) and custard

SHOES: “My Army and Navy boots, I’ve had ‘em for years, and they were dead cheap.”

LIKES: Seal, Level 42, Prince, Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon”, Only Fools and Horses, dancing, nice underwear, Seabrooks’ salt and vinegar crinkle cut crisps

DISLIKES: Smoking, dog pooh, fake people

FILLINGS: four

PETS: Tortoise called Winston and a cat called Jack

DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Birthmark on back of leg

HOWARD ON HIS MUM: “She’s just so lovely. She supported me from the beginning. One day I want to really spoil her just to say thank you mum for, you know, just being my mother really.”

HOWARD ON DOING INTERVIEWS: “It’s funny because we’ve sort of got our interview technique sorted. It’s not so bad in this country, but in the places like America where they don’t understand the British sense of humour, we’ll find what we say really funny, and they’ll just look at us like we’re really sad.”

HOWARD ON SWIMMING: “I like to swim as often as possible because apart from dancing, it’s the only stamina building thing I do. I wish I could run more, but I find running so boring. I can swim quite far. I’ve got a badge on my trunks for three miles.”

HOWARD ON HIMSELF: “I think I’m very caring. Maybe not as much as Mark, but I always said right from the start that I would never change if we became famous, and I honestly think I haven’t changed at all. And I think if you asked people who know me, they would agree.”

HOWARD ON SCHOOL DAYS: “A couple of weeks after I started school, I got this disease called Impetigo. When I was off school, this wicked teacher put this big sign on my desk saying “DON’T GO NEAR THIS DESK!” When I told my mum, she went up to the school and went mad!”

A THING TO REMEMBER ABOUT HOWARD: When he was a baby, he kept throwing his bottle out of his cot!

Heart of glass, Blondie sings in her ear, You're a rock queen, honey and we all hear you (с)

PoohДата: Пятница, 09.03.2012, 22:52 | Сообщение # 8
Candy)
Администраторы
There’s a seriousness about winning in Jay’s eyes, even if we are only playing snap. I can see it. I know that man’s face so well. He’s laughing along with it but, actually, he wants to win. The position of his hand, the look in his eyes, he’s on the ball and he wants to win.
- Howard Donald , Take That - Take Two

PoohДата: Понедельник, 16.04.2012, 17:05 | Сообщение # 9
Candy)
Администраторы
Best Video:

HOWARD: Why Can't I Wake Up With You holds so many memories of going to Paris and staying in that château. We enjoyed ourselves so much all the time we were there that it was a little bit sad to have to leave.

(from "Take That: Our Greatest Hits")

PoohДата: Среда, 16.05.2012, 13:53 | Сообщение # 10
Candy)
Администраторы
Всякие цитаты Хова
HOWARD DONALD - QUOTED & NOTED!

"Once I bunked of school for five weeks.I only intended to have a couple of days off but it was so good that I kept having one more day!!"

"If the band changed their image and I had to cut my hair I would die."1994

"I hope we'll still be together in five years."1995

"I always smell my socks first and if they don't smell too much then I'll wear 'em." 1995

"While I'm very emotional at the moment I know that it's the best time now to finish at the top. We've always said that we would finish on top and it's very good for our careers ahead of us so I think we're making the right move." 1996

"Take That will be hard to top."1996

"I'm going to carry on writing songs and if I feel that I want to do a solo career, you know if anyone's up for offers....!"1996

"The fans have grown up with us. In three years time even though they'll be fans of another group, they'll never forget Take That...."1996

"Robbie's got great talent, but he's said some silly things about members of the band and I don't understand that....Y'know I miss that lad."1996

"The good thing about doing my own stuff is you make all your decisions and record all of your own songs. The downside is obviously I miss having all the other lads around me. It's weird being the sole focus of attention."1997

"As an ex-member of Take That, I suppose I'm bound to be compared to the others. But there's really no comparison cos I've got longer hair and a bigger packet! Am I worried about it? Am I shite!"1997

"When my mum first saw my hair she wouldn't speak to me for two days. Even now she keeps telling me how lovely I looked when I was a little boy. I think she wants to get me pissed and shave me head."1997

" The break-up was very traumatic for me, it was like a divorce and I was stuck in the middle of it. Even now I haven't got over it. " 1998

"I've learnt to weed the garden and play golf because I was getting so depressed. I really miss Take That. It makes me feel sad when I think back. I miss the others"1998

PoohДата: Суббота, 26.05.2012, 11:51 | Сообщение # 11
Candy)
Администраторы
Sometimes I go into this childish way. If I don’t like something, my way of showing my anger is not to shout about it. I keep it all in and go play the drums. I take it all out on them. The cymbal’s Gary, the bass drum’s Jason and the toms are Mark. I like to twat them all.
— Howard Donald

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 13.01.2013, 01:51 | Сообщение # 12
Candy)
Администраторы
Про распад ТТ
As you know, it’s all ending at the beginning of April, but don’t fear and don’t be too upset. Just think of all the happy times you have had and we had. We are emotional as well but we are also looking forward to our solo projects and nothing would hurt us more if you didn’t follow us on our search for success, so make sure you are there for more laughs and travels around the world. I’m sure the lads have thanked you loads so I will too. A BIG thanks to everyone who believed in us and to those who supported us right through, you are all stars and we are normal people at the same level.
PLEASE BE HAPPY IN WHOEVER YOU SUPPORT.
ALL MY LOVE ALWAYS.
HOWARD

Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Speak Without Words » Интервью и цитаты Хова (Всяческие))
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск: