[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Speak Without Words » Пресса о Хове (Статейки, интервьюшки)
Пресса о Хове
PoohДата: Вторник, 06.05.2008, 00:41 | Сообщение # 1
Удаленные

ВОт совсем новое интервью из немецкой Галы!

I am not cool after all!

Says Take That singer and DJ Howard Donald about himself.

The party scene in Berlin-Mitte is not the easiest to please. The attitude is too snotty and self-reliant. In fact they think that the best parties in the world are taking place in some of the capital´s backyards. Well. On this Friday evening the atmosphere in the rather unglamerous „Münzclub“, site of the shop-opening-event of the Drykorn label, is hot. And that is because of Howard Donald, better known as Howie from Take That. Full-time singer of the boyband, he additionally spins the discs. Howie is not only the coolest member of the band because of this sideline job. His look proves that he knows about style and masters the art of expressing his personality with the right clothes.

Several weeks later: Howie is on the phone in the car. In the background a computer voice tells the driver to take the second exit in the roundabout. Even better: This way Howie can concentrate on our interview.

Howie, one can envie you.

Really, why?

DJs are generally knows as incredible cool guys.

I tell you something. I am not cool at all at my gigs. When I start in the evening, I am extremely nervous. You never know which music works with the audience.

Is your outfit important in the club?

Definitely. It has to be practical, that´s the most important thing for me. I have to feel comfortable.

The onion-look is perfect for that. You can always take something off. What does your look tell us about you?

(laughs) That I don´t have a look.

You don´t come across as boring

If you think so....My look definitely states that I hate labels. I don´t like it when one recognizes what I am wearing. I am not a fashion- victom, like so many women.

All men say that – and then they surf in the internet in the evening and search for strictly limited sneakers from Japan.

No, I´m not like that. Jeans, converse, well-fitted shirts, that´s perfect. I don´t like to wear a tie. That reminds me of my school days. I was so bad in adjusting my tie that I was always wearing ties which I could button. But of course: If it is a spezial event, one should dress more elegantly.

Do you have a killer outfit for dates?

No. I come in jeans and sweater.

And what should women wear for a date?

Something comfortable

Well, forget about comfort now. Women should look sexy every now and then. What is sexy?

Very difficult question. I think that boots are pretty hot. And underwear of course. This should be very tight fitted and very, very small.

Ok then. And when we are talking like this: Which piece of clothing in your wardrobe is the most embarrassing?

I won´t tell you.

Oh, c´mon. Nobody is reading this....

There is quite a lot. For example there is this completely colourful biker jacket. That is pretty horrible. Ant I have underwear with rhinestones at the waistband. We were wearing that at the beginning of our career. When we were young and desperate...

LissenaДата: Вторник, 06.05.2008, 17:53 | Сообщение # 2
Удаленные

Quote (Pooh)
I tell you something. I am not cool at all at my gigs. When I start in the evening, I am extremely nervous. You never know which music works with the audience.

никогда бы не подумала, что Хова переживает, когда крутит диски... наоборот, мне казалось, что если ему и есть когда переживать, так это на больших шоу, на Уэмбли арена... что для человека, испытавшего это, какой-то ночной клуб с сотней танцующих?! wacko

Quote (Pooh)
Do you have a killer outfit for dates?
No. I come in jeans and sweater.

гы... т.е. он все-таки ходит на свидания? интересно...

Quote (Pooh)
Very difficult question. I think that boots are pretty hot. And underwear of course. This should be very tight fitted and very, very small.

все, переходим на облегающее и маленькое нижнее белье love happy

PoohДата: Вторник, 06.05.2008, 17:56 | Сообщение # 3
Удаленные

Quote (Lissena)
он все-таки ходит на свидания?

Мы тут в асе с Джулл поболтали и пришли к выводу что Хова - вечный холостяк и с одной долго жить не может. Так что скорее всего с Мари уже всё закончилось) Ну я так думаю) wink

LissenaДата: Вторник, 06.05.2008, 18:34 | Сообщение # 4
Удаленные

ну не обязательно расставаться с Мари чтобы ходить на свидания... Ховард ведь способен, мы знаем... но чесгря для меня было откровением узнать, что он с Вики 10 лет прожил вместе... это ж космос smile а с Мари... да врядли разошлись.

PoohДата: Вторник, 06.05.2008, 18:40 | Сообщение # 5
Удаленные

Quote (Lissena)
да врядли разошлись

Ну тады у них ОООчень высокие отношения happy

LissenaДата: Вторник, 06.05.2008, 19:06 | Сообщение # 6
Удаленные

Quote (Pooh)
Ну тады у них ОООчень высокие отношения

ну а разве с таким бойфрендом можно иначе? я вобще не представляю, как иметь вторую половину, по которой сохнут миллионы smile

OksankaДата: Суббота, 17.05.2008, 15:28 | Сообщение # 7
G.B. is love of my life
Житель Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 1
Quote (Lissena)
я вобще не представляю, как иметь вторую половину, по которой сохнут миллионы

Это точно,я бы из депресняков не вылезала.. sad .но вообще все дело,мне кажется в уверенности в себе и в доверии к человеку...Ну и от звездной половины многое зависит....Ведь есть и звезды у которых семейная жизнь-дай Бог каждому... wink

PoohДата: Пятница, 30.05.2008, 00:30 | Сообщение # 8
Удаленные

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Take That's Howard Donald as he gears up to play Leeds on Friday

HE'S best known as one quarter of boy-to-manband Take That but anyone who knows anything about clubbing will know Howard Donald's just as talented behind the decks as he is behind a microphone.
After the group made a comeback last year he took a well earned break and returned to his first love - and luckily for Leeds he chose us as one of only a handful of dates to make his DJing reprise.
Nightscene caught up with him as he prepares to play Kissdafunk at Mission.

When you aren't DJing full time do you miss it, if so what do you miss exactly?
Of course I miss it! DJing is something I am very passionate about and love doing. But I do find I have to get it into perspective with the rest of my life especially now because otherwise I miss important quality time with my family, which comes before anything. That just means I have to be more picky about the dates that I do.

How much has your stuff developed and evolved from the start? Is it almost totally different or is it just constant variations on your own personal theme?
House music is house music, it always evolves and changes according to the latest trends so I guess you could say my sound it totally different especially if you heard what I was playing 10 years ago compared to what I'm playing now, but its still house music.

You've been doing this long enough now to get a broad outlook on dance music? Does it move in circles and do you think different styles from rave-house-garage-trance-electro are that radically different or are there core characteristics they all share?
I think dance music all derives from house back in the day - but that's only in the same way everything changes and goes in different directions. Every DJ and producer out there takes influences from someone or something and its not always dance music related. Good music is good music when push comes to shove.

How do you think dance scenes in cities in the north of England - obvious examples: Leeds and Manchester - differ from London and other places down south?
It very much depends on the type of venue you're in and the type of night it is. For example, I love playing in Ireland and Scotland because the people over there are so fresh-faced and most definitely not cynical about the scene or music. Leeds is great because the people know their music and know how to have a good time, in fact I would say that Leeds and Manchester are two of the best cities in the north to party right now as there is so much choice.

You DJ all around the world at various times, how do you think the UK dance scene compares with elsewhere?
It's very hit and miss at the best of times, and again it depends on where you are and what the party is. International clubs have always been much more accepting of my status and never labelled me as a 'celebrity DJ'. They have always been about the music and if you can play they will support you rather than chastise you for being someone in my privileged position.

How did you get to know/get involved with the KDF crew?
I think last summer was the first time I played for them in Ibiza and I loved the vibe from Tissera and Tolley along with what their parties are about - it really suits my style and what I want from my djing.

You're playing Ibiza this year - can you pinpoint what it is about the place that's so special?
All I can say is if you need to ask the question you've obviously never been - just see for yourself

Do you think you'll ever NOT DJ?
I might give up when I reach retirement age…..what is it now, 65?

HOWLEYДата: Вторник, 06.01.2009, 15:03 | Сообщение # 9
Язычница
Постоянный Житель Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 0

PoohДата: Вторник, 06.01.2009, 15:05 | Сообщение # 10
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
HOWLEY, классно) СПАСИБО))) smile

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Четверг, 21.05.2009, 08:00 | Сообщение # 11
Candy)
Администраторы
Hosted on Fotki

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

CarmenLGДата: Четверг, 18.06.2009, 18:25 | Сообщение # 12
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 9
http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol....ld.html

Howard’s Beautiful World

TAKE THAT'S sell-out Circus Tour rolls into Hampden on Friday night for the first of three spectacular shows.

To celebrate we are having a Take That week in The Scottish Sun - and showcasing the ups and downs of Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Howard Donald and Jason Orange.

Today ALAN CARSON takes a look at Howard...

HOWARD DONALD wasn’t the best-looking member of Take That — but he had no shortage of fans.

And after the band reformed and released Beautiful World, Howard won a whole new legion of admirers.

During his That That days he transformed from wholesome boy-next-door to grunge rocker — although he reckons he didn’t change on the inside.

After being in the public eye for 17 years, he said: “I always said right from the start that I would never change if we became famous, and I honestly think I haven’t changed at all.

“And if you asked people who know me, they’d agree.

Before finding fame with Take That he dreamed of becoming a pilot although he won an apprenticeship spraying cars. And for the choreographer, break-dancing remained his true passion. He teamed up with a certain Jason Orange to form dance troup Streetbeat.

Six-foot green-eyed hunk Howard was also a part-time model.

He was signed to a firm run by Nigel Martin-Smith, who at the time was looking to launch a boyband.

Howard auditioned, four others were found including Jason and Take That was formed in 1989. Howard and Jason took on the role of band choreographers.

The release of album Everything Changes, on which Howard sang lead vocals on If This Is Love, in 1993 cemented their stratospheric rise to fame, and the boyband won the hearts of millions.

Howard, now 41, was, like the rest of the lads, shocked when Robbie quit at the height of their success in July 1995.

Rob left as the band were promoting single Never Forget, which Howard sings. The song reached No1.

By this point Howard had ditched his clean-cut image and had grown dreads and was sporting a lip-piercing.

After continuing for eight months without Robbie, Take That split — leaving fans devastated.

Howard said: “The break-up was very traumatic for me. It was like a divorce and I was stuck in the middle of it.

“But we always decided that once members of the band had had enough then we would call it a day. We always wanted to break up when we were on top.

At a loss at what to do with his life, Howard, from Manchester, drifted through the years.

He recorded single Speak Without Words and in 1999 he gave up singing and took a year out.

He said afterwards: “I have learned how to weed the garden. It’s hard having nothing to do especially as life was intense before.”

He eventually became a successful club DJ, working under the name DJ HD.

In 2005, he took part in the ITV Take That documentary which laid the groundwork for a reunion and he leapt at the chance to join the tour in 2006.

The dad-of-two features on lead vocals on two songs on 2006 album Beautiful World — the title track and Mancunian Way.

He then ran off and joined The Circus ... singing lead on three songs on the band’s latest album.

CarmenLGДата: Вторник, 07.07.2009, 19:18 | Сообщение # 13
Rule the world
Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 9

PoohДата: Среда, 29.07.2009, 00:55 | Сообщение # 14
Candy)
Администраторы
Интервью с Ховом на немецком
http://www.stadtgefluester-muenster.de/?q=interviews/int/540

PoohДата: Понедельник, 15.03.2010, 00:22 | Сообщение # 15
Candy)
Администраторы
Hosted on Fotki

PoohДата: Суббота, 05.06.2010, 19:22 | Сообщение # 16
Candy)
Администраторы
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

PoohДата: Понедельник, 27.09.2010, 13:21 | Сообщение # 17
Candy)
Администраторы

PoohДата: Среда, 24.11.2010, 15:37 | Сообщение # 18
Candy)
Администраторы
Свежее интервью с Ховой
Q: When, where did you decide to become a 5-piece again?
Howard: "This is the first interview we've done about this you know, so forgive me if I can't remember things... It was done over a long time. We were in LA mixing the Circus album and we'd been trying to hook up with Robbie for a long time becuase he lives out there. From what I remember it had been a case of hit miss: sometimes we'd arrange to meet and he'd lose his bottle. We eventually decided to meet up at the hotel where we were. But the first time in a long time was on the Beautiful World tour... We were staying around Chelsea Harbour and he came because he wa sliving across the way. It was all a bit weird. becuase for him to have the balls to be in a hotel that was already ful of fans... We met up him up in a room and it was... just weird. I still see him as this big successful star and it felt like yesterday when we met up with him. For all the shit that had been put in the newspapers and stuff, he was just the same person that I'd remembered in the group, really warm hearted. Whether he felt embarrassed or outnumbered I don't know, but it really clicked. We met again in LA and it was all really nice, and that's where it started."

Q: Had you seen him before those meetings?
Howard: "Literally once when we did something for Diana, it might have been a memorial concert after she'd died. I went along with Gary to support him, it was when he was doing his solo career, and Robbie was there doing something with his band. Then again, it was just a hello and it felt a little uncomfortable. In LA it just gelled becuase he was in his house and on his own ground. We talked about everything that had happened."

Q: What was it like watching him become such a success?
Howard: "Erm... For me when he first came out and released Freedom... There'd been alot of bad press about what he'd been saying about us and about Gary... I wasn't really in favour of what he was doing or him being successful. But then I kind of got over it and I was happy for him in the end. I've never, ever downed him in an interview and always maintained that he's got a good heart. He really does. We can see that now we've spent alot of time together. He's grown up a hell of a lot. He's married now. I was so happy that he'd got a girlfriend becuase I think that's what he needed. Someone to keep him grounded."

Q: Have you taken something that has worked perfectly and added something unpredictable by doing this?
Howard: "That's it... I think it's a case of we don't need him an he doesn't need us, but why not? We spent five or six years together anyway, and we never as individuals got the chance to work with him in this way, because Gary was the main writer back then. But yes, we know he's had bigger success in Europe than us..." I suppose people might see Take That as a bigger thing in the UK, I don't know. But for certain when he's with us, when we've been doing the video shoots, he gets the most attention from passers by, he's the most famous individual out of all of us... But this isn't anything to do with fame. It might not have worked out. It could have turned out that he had as big an ego now aswhat he had then. But he hasn't. I was very surprised actually at how open he is to ideas; even when it's lyrical, becuase he's more of a lyricist Rob, he's not so confident with what he's got. He's always saying, is that alright? He was always going ot hishotel room at night, Aida's fast asleep, and he's writing until 3 o'clock in the morning, gettingit right. Going back the next night and doing it again. I tend to keep away from the lyrics, me. I add the odd 'and' and 'when' and that's it.

Q: From any perspective, the comeback has been so successful since 2005...
Howard: "It's just strange for me. I really feel this genuinely, I feel like the luckiest guy alive. I've had two cracks of the whip and both times be successful. Even with the second time being more successful. It's amazing. But I think within that 10-year period when Take That wasn't around the music lived on. Every radio station would be playing Relight My Fire, or Pray, or Back For Good. At the end of the day they are good pop songs.But we never thought when we came back in 2005 and did the documentary... I don't get it, I really don't.

You still get guys now who are embarrased to admit it [They like Take That], but I've never seen so many guys at our shows. My brother lives in Manchester, proper nutter, and he has all his mates saying, "Oh can you get us a ticket for Take That?" And it's not for their girlfriends. And whether you like the music or not you'll always enjoy a Take That concert cos it's entertaining. it's a good show. And it has crossed over in that way. It's great. I still DJ and I do some good clubs around the UK and Europe..."

Q: What do you play?
Howard: I play electro. But you still get guys who would see my name, Howard Donald.... In that 10-year gap I would be billed as Howard Donald (ex-Take That). I used to fucking hate it because I wanted to make a name for myself.

I was DJ-ing before the group started. i got me first set of turnatables in 1987 out of a catalogue. I was doing mixes of old-school hip-hop. But now people who see the name Howard Donald, especially guys, they wouldn't even entertain it and go in there. They probably think I'm going to play cheesy pop or dance music, but I don't. that's my rebellious side - playing the most underground music possible that no-one's ever heard of! And I love it."

Q: What's the 18 month plan...?
Howard: "Obviously we know that following an album there'll be a tour. That could take us till September of next year. So if anything I'd say it's a one-year plan (laughs)... There's no plan after that, whether Rob goes back and does his solo thing or we go on doing Take That, or we all just disappear for a couple of years."

Q: You look better now...
Howard: "Yeah. i hated myself in all the pictures in the 1990s, i really did. I'm much happier now than then. it was all too much of a machine."

Q: What's your expectations at the moment?
Howard: "At this stage you want the album to be successful. You're gonna have doubters... probably slagging you off before they've heard anything. I'd like it to blow people's minds. This is a really good album. Can you hear hits on there? Oh that's good."

Q: Have you got any fears?
Howard: "Yeah I do. When we say we feel comfortable with what's going on, there's obviously the fear that the album won't be successful and people say, what are they on? Why haven't they kept the formula? You never know..."

Q: Are you naturally pessimistic?
Howard: "Yeah, I am. I don't care about numbers ones. If it gets in the top five I'll be really happy... Actually tell a lie: if it didn't get o number one I'd have something to worry about... We don't 100% know Robbie. Or I don't. Gary probably knows him more than anybody else because he's worked a lot closer to him. There's a chance that, all of a sudden, two weeks before the tour, he might say he doesn't want to do it. I don't think that's going to happen with how easygoing it seems now. If it did he wouldn't be doing himself any favours."

Q: What did you first start talking about when he came back?
Howard: "Like I said, when we all met in LA at his house that was one of the conversations, talking about the past. Most of the shit was going on between Rob and Gary. With me, I always remember him saying on Going Live [early '90s Tv programme] that I was cool an Mark was one of his best mates. I remember thinking, oh I was cool - I don't care about what he's saying about the others! But we've all grown up. You can see why he left... He was out of pop and totally into Oasis and more of a rock'n'roll vibe... fair play to him - he was young. He had taste!"

Q: What's your impression of the new album?
Howard: "I feel really proud. It's really energetic and fresh. Iv'e been so much more involved in this album than any other. That was one of the worrying things when Robbie was coming in, there was another musical brain and you're thinking, I'm going to get pushed out here. I was thinking, where's my place here? I'm a musical person but because I haven't got the confidence I need someone to give me a kick up the arse to come forward. That's exactly what I did with this album - I came up with backing tracks, and me and Gary would work on them together, Out of the 10 we might have done, we ended up using three of them."

Q: What about the perception that Gary does everything?
Howard: "That boils my blood more than anything. The newspapers don't read what other people are writing. As many times as we've said that we've all been involved in the Beautiful world or The Circus albums as writers... whether people want to believe it or not, it's 100% true. The last report I read, two or three months ago, said that Robbie and Gary had written the album. That's so fucking annoying. I'm that proud of it I want people to know that I've had a big involvement in it, as everybody else has. But you know... papers write a lot of shit don't they?"

Q: Is it fair to say they can't call you a boyband after this record?
Howard: "I hope not. But I suppose we're never going to escape where we came from. It's a shame... we played instruments on The Circus but that's not really what we do. I look at bands like Vampire Weekend and Everything Everything and wish we did. I really love Everything Everything's stuff"

Q: What else are you listening to?
Howard: "I went to the Kings Of Leon concert in Hyde Park, that was great. I love thier stuff. Vampire Weekend. Jay keeps trying to get me to listen to Morrissey but I refuse. Me girlfriend's into all that stuff... she's got me into so many groups."
http://news.qthemusic.com/2010/11/q293_take_that_-_howard_donald.html

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 09.01.2011, 13:39 | Сообщение # 19
Candy)
Администраторы

madДата: Четверг, 10.03.2011, 16:00 | Сообщение # 20
ДжееFeel
VIP Гражданин Вселенной ТТ
Награды: 68
Прикрепления: 6468067.jpg (55.9 Kb)

SwanheartДата: Вторник, 02.08.2011, 20:10 | Сообщение # 21
Rule the world
Награды: 149

Heart of glass, Blondie sings in her ear, You're a rock queen, honey and we all hear you (с)

LissenaДата: Вторник, 02.08.2011, 20:52 | Сообщение # 22
Keeping my heart in his pocket
Администраторы
Награды: 10
оооо, как это было давно))) помню, как Хова все пытались представить таким себе shy guy - прям с девушкой заговорить не может, краснеет))) щяз))) папаша двоих внебрачных детей happy

Don't let your demons pull you down, 'cause you can have it all

PoohДата: Вторник, 30.08.2011, 22:51 | Сообщение # 23
Candy)
Администраторы
Hosted on Fotki

SwanheartДата: Четверг, 01.09.2011, 02:10 | Сообщение # 24
Rule the world
Награды: 149
biggrin

Heart of glass, Blondie sings in her ear, You're a rock queen, honey and we all hear you (с)

PoohДата: Пятница, 21.06.2013, 14:08 | Сообщение # 25
Candy)
Администраторы

Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Speak Without Words » Пресса о Хове (Статейки, интервьюшки)
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск: