[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Forever love » Интервью с Гари Барлоу в интернете 2014
Интервью с Гари Барлоу в интернете 2014
PoohДата: Пятница, 03.01.2014, 23:07 | Сообщение # 1
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
With 13 number one singles under his belt and an OBE to his name,Gary Barlow is one of the UK’s most successful songwriters. MARK REES caught up with him ahead of his upcoming Welsh gig.

To say that I was the envy of the Swansea Life office on the morning I interviewed singer and songwriter Gary Barlow might be something of an understatement.

But such has been the resurgence in the popularity of the Take That frontman since the chart-topping boy-band rose from the ashes in 2006 with comeback single Patience - converting a whole new generations of fans in the process - that it was no surprise that the green-eyed monster would rear its ugly head upon mentioning his name.

But after chatting with the songwriter for only a few minutes - friendly, amenable, and clearly at ease with his himself and his career - it’s easy to see just why he remains so popular.

RELATED ARTICLES
Jimmy Osmond returns to Swansea Grand Theatre: "I feel like I’m coming home"
Not that Gary understands the infatuation himself, of course.

“You’ll be sick of the sight of me soon!” he jokes, with reference to his recent flurry of media commitments and engagements.

For besides his ongoing Take That duties, Gary has been an ever-present fixture on the X-Factor until its pre-Christmas crescendo, while his countless other TV appearances, including the star-studded Royal Variety Show, have ensured that he’s never been far from our screens, radios and pages.

And of course, there’s also been the small matter of a new album to promote.

“All the signs are good; people are enjoying it,” says Gary of Since I Saw You Last, his fourth solo record released at the end of last year.

“I feel good about it too. I’ve done things my way this time.

“It’s such a personal thing, you’ve got to back it up. Even down to the cover and TV shows that I appear on. I chose what’s appropriate for myself.”

Which is a far cry from his previous solo effort, which failed to set the charts alight, and which Gary himself has since been openly critical of.

“When I look back at the last one, it was like making an album by committee,” he explains.

“There were people in New York saying one thing, people in London saying another; and in the end, it was a bit of a mess.

“When I came back to do this album, one of the stipulations to myself was not to do it in the same way.”

And to help him out Gary even enlisted some of his superstar friends, the most high-profile of whom being a certain Sir Elton John.

“I’ve known him for about 20 years now,” says Gary of his 300 million record-selling friend.

“I see him socially quite a lot, three or four times a year, and we’d spoken about doing something at some point.

“I sent him the track to see what he thought, and he loved it,” he says of Face to Face, the new single due to be released on January 20.

“We spent a day in Abbey Road together to record it; we took it in turns to play piano on each verse.

“No one meets up to do that now, not even to duet. It was very old school.”

Not that Elton is the only superstar that Gary collaborated with on the album.

He has also traded tracks with on/off bandmate and rival Robbie Williams.

“I worked on Requiem with Rob,” says Gary of the opening track on the album.

“The good thing is we’ve both got new albums out, which keeps the rivalry going” he says, admitting that the competitive edge between the two of them, originally fostered during Robbie’s somewhat acrimonious split from the boy band, still persists.

“It’s a nice rivalry these days, but it’s still there. I’m still very competitive, and I still want to beat him!” he laughs.

And being a good natured rivalry, it still allows Gary to write songs for Robbie, explaining that his song writing process starts with the performer in mind, not the other way around.

“I decide who I’m going to do a song for first, rather than thinking afterwards, ‘who is this song for?’” he explains.

Looking ahead, Welsh fans will get a chance of catching Gary live in concert this spring when he heads to the Motorpoint arena for a one-off perfromance this spring.

“We’ve had some brilliant nights in Cardiff,” says Gary, recalling a particularly intimate gig in at the International Arena a few years ago with Take That.

“It’s always a great crowd in Wales, in a similar way to Scotland and Ireland; always brilliant,”

Gary Barlow

Motorpoint Arena Cardiff, Wednesday, April 9

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Intervi....MrphJZp

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Понедельник, 08.09.2014, 21:08 | Сообщение # 2
Candy)
Администраторы
Ну опять таки друзья , кому не в лом - переведите новое интервью с Гари)
Ну и вот на данный момент его любимые исполнители - Coldplay, Sam Smith и The 1975.
В общем там всё что мы уже знаем) Нового ничего)
Ну кроме того, если вы не знали - в Дубаи Гари побывает впервые в жизни.
http://www.ahlanlive.com/gary-ba....36.html

When we heard that one of our all-time favourite singers Gary Barlow was coming to Dubai on Friday 17 October, we got very excited. Then, we found out that the 43-year-old wanted to speak to Team Ahlan! ahead of his concert because he’s a big fan of the magazine, and we were positively giddy! So naturally we took this opportunity to ask him when Take That are getting back together, if he likes Celebrity Big Brother and what Robbie’s up to these days.

The Since I Saw You Last tour is a huge success, how do you feel? Of course very pleased, not only for the success but also how much fun we had doing it all! It really was a great period!

Ending your world tour in Dubai will be pretty cool, and Team Ahlan! will definitely show you around town. Honestly, I’m beyond excited! I love doing new things and I’ve never played anywhere in the United Arab Emirates. Yeah, the weather is special, but I also like the general vibe! Dubai still feels like a new exciting city with loads of opportunities!

You’ve made sixteen stops across the UK and Ireland before coming here, but what was your favourite stop so far? Every night has been special, sounds corny I know but when you’ve had a second chance in your career you enjoy every second of every show.

You added a further four dates after the concert tickets were sold out in less than 10 minutes after going on sale, did you expect such reactions? No I didn’t, in fact I was worried about playing such big venues! So pleased it all worked out.

You’ve been performing a mix of both your solo material and Take That songs. We’re sure you put on a great solo show, but do you miss the boys? I always miss Take That and I’m still my most happy when the band is back together working! It’s truly great fun.

So does that mean we can expect a full reunion with Robbie included any time soon? I don’t know! He’s popping out babies right left and centre!

You’ve been in the industry for over 23 years, what artists do you like in today’s market? I still love my Coldplay albums, Sam Smith and The 1975. Also I’ve been enjoying some film score albums recently!

Would you ever go on Big Brother or I’m A Celebrity? Ha! No thanks!

INFO: Early Bird (limited tickets available) Dhs295, Regular Dhs350, Seating Dhs450, Fan Pit Dhs600, VIP (inclusive of F + cool Dhs1000, Virgin megastore, Time Out Tickets Dubai and Platinum List. For more information visit www.garybarlowindubai.com

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Вторник, 07.10.2014, 22:42 | Сообщение # 3
Candy)
Администраторы
Новое интервью с Гари ) Если есть желающие перевести - вперед)
http://www.timeoutdubai.com/mobile....twitter
Ahead of his Dubai gig, British singer Gary Barlow talks Take That and touring solo. Interview by Chanelle Tourish.

Bary Barlow needs little introduction. As the frontman of British pop group Take That, former X Factor UK head judge, Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) and award-winning singer-songwriter, he’s a man of many talents. He’s even had a go at acting, appearing in British period drama Heartbeat in 2000.

From the outset, the Cheshire native seems to have it all – a successful career, a loving family, handsome good looks and a string of celebrity pals including Sir Elton John. Rewind ten years and Gary Barlow was a man scorned – after achieving worldwide success with Take That from 1989 to 1996, the band broke up when fellow member Robbie Williams decided to pursue a solo career.

Hot on his heels, Barlow released his debut solo album Open Road, which went straight to number one in the UK in 1997. Spurred on by his success, Barlow went on to release his second album, Twelve Months, Eleven Days, in 1999. But the fame and public support wasn’t to last. Ex-bandmate Robbie Williams was on top and dominating the charts, while Barlow was dropped from his record label, BMG. He would soon become the butt of the media’s jokes (often fuelled by Williams) and subjected to years of cruel jibes at the hands of the press and Williams’ fans.

Stepping out of the limelight, Barlow put on weight so that he would become unrecognisable and avoided public outings.

But the six-time Ivor Novello Award winner was about to get his second chance at fame when Take That reformed in 2006.

‘It was a very odd time because the four of us (Mark, Howard and Jason) had been out of the limelight for about seven years. We had our lives turned upside down, from becoming famous all over the world, to then having four years of a very strange solo career, where it was happening one minute and the next it wasn’t.

‘So when the band reunited, we were trying to catch up with wheels that were turning quickly. I don’t think any of us were really prepared for it. It was a really strange time, but of course a gorgeous time. We came back together after all those years, realising that people wanted it and that there was an appetite for it. We had this amazing sort of wave of public support to get us back on the stage,’ Barlow recalls.

The next few years saw Take That go from strength to strength, topping the charts across Europe with hits such as ‘Patience’, ‘Rule the World’ and ‘Greatest Day’.

‘The first time we went back on stage in 2007 will always be in my memory because it was such a beautiful moment. We were getting a second chance in our career and we couldn’t believe it was happening.

I think when we all first stood on that stage in Newcastle, it was just the most unbelievable feeling. To be part of something so successful once is a great thing, but for it to all happen again we just felt like the luckiest people in the world.’

The band have released three albums since they reunited, with Robbie Williams re-joining the mix in 2010 for the group’s sixth studio album, Progress. Following on from the success of touring with Take That, the 43-year-old > decided to go solo for the second time in fourteen years and released his latest album, Since I Saw You Last, in November 2013.

‘When things like that happen [getting dropped by his music label in 2000] it stays with you for a long time. But once the album started to come together, I got to this place where I didn’t really care about what people thought. I just thought this is the right music for me and I’m going to put it out there and if people like it or not, it doesn’t really matter because it’s true to me and where I’ve been the last few years,’ Barlow explains.

The album debuted at number two on the UK Charts and went platinum less than a month after its release. The singer’s second single from the album, ‘Face to Face’, features Sir Elton John, a long-time friend of Barlow’s.

‘Elton was the real reason I first sat on a piano stool at nine years old. His music was all round our house when I was growing up. When I sit and write songs now, I know I have been so influenced by his music. So when I eventually got the chance to sit at a piano with him, it was just like a lifetime of waiting for it to happen really. It’s funny as well, because I’ve known him for about 20 years but we’ve just never found the opportunity to sing a 50/50 duet.’

With an OBE to his name for his services to music and charity, as well as 13 number one singles and twenty three top ten hits, Barlow laughs when he admits the crowning glory of awards has to be gaining the prestigious Gold Badge for outstanding achievements from UK kids’ TV show Blue Peter.

‘I must say, we have done well in our career with awards – we’ve won quite a lot, but a Blue Peter badge, that’s it really, isn’t it?

When you saw people winning those badges, it was like, unbelievable, so to be the holder of one is brilliant,’ he adds.

Among his many tours and albums, the singer has always found the time to dedicate himself to various charities and fundraisers.

‘It’s very easy for me to say, “Hey, next week, I’ll come and play at the end of your dinner” and all of a sudden they get another thousand pounds for a table. I think that when you are in a position where you can make money for charity, then you should do,’ he enthuses.

After three seasons as head judge on the UK’s X Factor, is Barlow peeved that Simon Cowell blamed him for poor ratings?

‘It will be completely daft this year, you watch [laughs]. It’s good to have Simon back, he’s the boss and he is the reason the show is on there,’ Barlow says. The acts sign to him at the end of it, and I was happy to fill in but it’s great to see him back on TV.’

With the recent announcement of Jason Orange’s departure from Take That, Barlow admits that it will be a great loss for the group professionally and personally. However, the band’s new album is still set for release for November 2014.

‘It’s something we’ve been working on for a year. It’s been four years since the last Take That album, so we feel like it’s time. I feel like our audience is ready for a record right now.

I imagine we’ll be touring next year with the new album and I’m lucky enough to have a musical opening up on March in Broadway.

So I think it’s going to be a pretty active year.

‘I’m lucky to be in this place and this job I’ve got. Year on year, things just get better and better, but my biggest plan next year is to bring Take That back to Dubai, so look out,’ Barlow reveals.

Taking to the stage at Dubai Media City Amphitheatre, on Friday October 17, the talented singer will perform a range of his hits, from Take That tunes to his solo material.

‘I do miss the support of being on stage with other people when I tour solo. There’s a strength when you go on stage with your friends. We [Take That] have this sort of invisible piece of wire that sort of glues us all together. So when we step in front of an audience, it’s a fairly strong look and a strong feeling.

‘When you are out there as a solo artist, it’s kind of like going back to when I was 17 and I was playing at clubs by myself. But with it comes a huge amount of freedom, really – you are the one telling the story. It’s harder work for sure, but it’s really rewarding and I get a chance to play 23 years of music that I’ve made and I think it touches everyone at some point in the evening,’ Barlow explains.

Having holidayed in Dubai before, he admits he usually spends his days at Wild Wadi Waterpark with his wife and kids and is looking forward to celebrating the last night of his tour in the emirate.

‘At this point in my life, doing things for the first time is a real treat. So when someone asks me to play Dubai, I didn’t even have to think about it, it was a definite yes. I think we’re all sad that it is the end of the tour after two years but it’s going to be a chance for us to have a drink and a celebration afterwards,’ he adds.

So after 23 years in the business, does he ever get tired of life in the spotlight?

‘We’ve had fans do everything over the years. It was definitely crazier in the ’90s because they were younger then,’ he laughs. They didn’t care about breaking the law – we used to get them dressing up in maids’ uniforms bringing room service to our rooms. You’d find them climbing across balconies, 20 floors up in our hotel. But we loved every minute of it – it was pandemonium and chaos and it was great fun.’

With a legion of loyal fans both young and old, and a sell-out tour behind him, being Gary Barlow seems pretty brilliant right now.
Gary Barlow Live. From Dhs295 to Dhs1,000. Friday October 17, 6pm-midnight. Dubai Media City Amphitheatre, Dubai Media City.

PoohДата: Четверг, 09.10.2014, 16:46 | Сообщение # 4
Candy)
Администраторы
http://aquarius.ae/columns/5-minutes-with-gary-barlow-1.1395655
What’s it like performing solo after so many years as a group?

It’s very different, but it’s exciting too. I do a very different show as a solo artist; there’s more piano, whereas Take That is a totally different live experience. There’s also the safety of being in a team – when you’re solo it’s just you! Aargh!

What’s your favourite song to perform solo? And as part of Take That?

Solo it’s Let Me Go, and as part of Take That, Rule The World.

Take That fans from years ago or new fans; who’s more enthusiastic?

Even after all these years we still have a very loud audience; the big difference now is that they can still be loud, but they can also sit and listen!

You’re a husband and father now. Does that make you feel differently about being a performer? Any plans to retire?

Retire? I’m only 43 – definitely no plans to retire! I love what I’m doing more than ever, and I’m still excited by new challenges and projects. Besides, my wife couldn’t stand having me at home all day.

If you get a day off in Dubai, what will you do?

Wild Wadi. We love it there! Jumeirah Sceirah, anyone?!

PoohДата: Воскресенье, 12.10.2014, 16:27 | Сообщение # 5
Candy)
Администраторы
Интервью ещё одно)
http://whatson.ae/dubai....twitter
Сколько времени в день вы тратите на написание песен?
Я пишу много, но не каждый день. Я думаю это важно не писать музыку каждый день , потому что вам нужна новизна.

Вы пользуетесь диктофоном чтобы записать мелодии, которые появляются в вашей голове?
Я использую для записи iPhone и ноутбук.

Какую песню было приятно записать?
Некоторые песни занимают больше времени, чем остальные. Припев I’d Wait For Life я написал за девять лет до того как мы записали песню целиком в 2006.

Какую песню вы бы хотели написать?
О их сотни. Я пожалуй выберу две Yesterday [by The Beatles] или Elton John’s Your Song.

Для сколько всего песен вы записываете для альбома?
На альбоме 11 песен , а обычно их 25.

Ходят слухи что вы написали мюзикл. Это правда?
Да он называется Finding Neverland. В прошлом месяце в Бостоне были предварительные показы, а в марте 2015 мюзикл покажут на Бродвее. Это история о том как Барри написал историю о Питере Пене.

С кем бы вы хотели спеть дуэтом?
Мой дуэт-мечта случился на последнем сольном альбоме с Элтоном Джоном.

Вы скучаете по туру с группой?
Конечно, я скучаю по всему что мы делаем с ТТ. Не могу дождаться когда мы снова поедем.

Какие-нибудь новы таланты вы можете порекомендовать?
Sam Smith.

Какой момент в карьере вам больше всего нравится? ТАКЕ ТНАТ, соло или судейство на Х-факторе?
Я бы сказал 2009 год был отличным годом для ТАКЕ ТНАТ. Альбом The Circus и тур мои самые любимые.

Самый странный презент, который вам дарили?
Дезодорант. Может быть она пыталась мне что-то сказать?

PoohДата: Вторник, 14.10.2014, 22:04 | Сообщение # 6
Candy)
Администраторы
И ещё интервью с Гари
http://www.thenational.ae/arts-li....his-all

PoohДата: Среда, 15.10.2014, 21:32 | Сообщение # 7
Candy)
Администраторы
Дубайские интервью с Гари продолжают поступать)
http://gulfnews.com/arts-en....twitter

PoohДата: Четверг, 16.10.2014, 14:44 | Сообщение # 8
Candy)
Администраторы
Ещё парочка
http://m.gulfnews.com/enterta....1398673
http://www.timeoutdubai.com/knowled....terview

PoohДата: Четверг, 16.10.2014, 15:44 | Сообщение # 9
Candy)
Администраторы
И ещё
http://www.ahlanlive.com/gary-ba....=buffer

PoohДата: Четверг, 16.10.2014, 16:51 | Сообщение # 10
Candy)
Администраторы
Ещё интервью
http://www.ahlanlive.com/gary-ba....63.html

PoohДата: Четверг, 16.10.2014, 22:26 | Сообщение # 11
Candy)
Администраторы
И ещё интервью

http://whatson.ae/dubai....acebook

PoohДата: Пятница, 17.10.2014, 21:49 | Сообщение # 12
Candy)
Администраторы
И ещё интервью
http://www.timeoutdubai.com/nightli....terview

Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Forever love » Интервью с Гари Барлоу в интернете 2014
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск: