[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Forever love » Юбилей королевы английской - 4 июня 2012 (Организатор торжества - Гари Барлоу)
Юбилей королевы английской - 4 июня 2012
PoohДата: Пятница, 25.05.2012, 14:29 | Сообщение # 101
Candy)
Администраторы
Награды: 193
Gary Barlow joined us to talk about official jubilee record ‘Sing’.

With a cheeky grin, when we asked if Take That might perform at the Olympics – Gary wouldn’t go quite so far to confirm it….. but he didn’t deny it either!

The official Diamond Jubilee song, 'Sing' is out on Monday and the documentary on how the song was made 'Gary Barlow: On Her Majesty's Service' is on BBC One on Sunday 3rd June. The Diamond Jubilee Concert will be broadcast the very next day live on BBC ONE and Radio 2 from 7.30pm.

Available since yesterday
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00t38r3

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Суббота, 26.05.2012, 00:49 | Сообщение # 102
Candy)
Администраторы
Gary Barlow on Making the Jubilee Song
http://www.wpxi.com/videos....L6

09-11-2003 RW in Moscow 22-07-2011 RW & TT in Hamburg 25-07-2011 RW & TT in Dusseldorf 11-08-2013 RW in Stuttgart 20-08-2013 RW in Tallinn 15-05-14 RW in Stokholm 18-05-14 RW in Helsinki

PoohДата: Понедельник, 28.05.2012, 21:41 | Сообщение # 103
Candy)
Администраторы
Гари рассказывает о песне и о концерте
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/public/article1041177.ece

PoohДата: Вторник, 29.05.2012, 11:40 | Сообщение # 104
Candy)
Администраторы
GARY Barlow feared his wife would ditch him when he told her he was off on a six-week global trip to find ideas for the official Diamond Jubilee song.

William Hill - X Factor scratchcard £10,000 giveaway

The X Factor judge has penned the track Sing with Andrew Lloyd Webber and has organised a concert to mark the Queen’s 60-year reign.

But when he realised it would involve visiting everywhere from the Solomon Islands to Kenya to get inspiration, he feared he would have to choose between Her Majesty and Dawn, his wife of 12 years, who is expecting their fourth child.

Gary said: “Because I’d done a tour last year then gone on X Factor, I felt like divorce would be filed if I told my wife I was going on this trip.”

But Dawn was so proud she backed him 100 per cent. Gary added: “Bless her, she was very up for it. She loved the idea.”

BBC1 documentary Gary Barlow: On Her Majesty’s Service will be shown on Sunday at 7.30pm.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....ng.html

PoohДата: Вторник, 29.05.2012, 22:55 | Сообщение # 105
Candy)
Администраторы
British pop star Gary Barlow has plucked a group of musicians from a Kenyan slum and flown them to London for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to perform for Queen Elizabeth Ii.
The Take That singer met the percussionists, who use the name Slum Drummers, during his recent trip around the Commonwealth nations in search of inspiration for his song to mark the U.K. monarch's 60th year on the throne next month (Jun12).
He was so impressed with their musicianship he sampled the sound of them performing on the track - and now it's emerged he's taken them to London to perform at the Diamond Jubilee Concert on Monday (04Jun12).
Barlow tells Britain's Hello! magazine he met the band during a trip to the Kibera slum, adding, "It's a pretty inhospitable place. Almost one million people live in a slum that measures one square mile, in conditions we just can't imagine.
"Meeting those guys, all of a sudden it clicked with me. I thought, 'This is why I've been asked to do this.' Our lives could not be more different, but you could see that the music transported them to another place... They have never been on an aeroplane (sic) before, and now they're going to be performing at a concert that will be watched by two billion people and meeting the Queen."
Barlow has also arranged for Kenya's African Children's Choir to fly to the U.K. to sing at the concert.
http://www.contactmusic.com/news....1333818

PoohДата: Среда, 30.05.2012, 00:03 | Сообщение # 106
Candy)
Администраторы
Пара видео о путешествиях Гари

PoohДата: Среда, 30.05.2012, 12:12 | Сообщение # 107
Candy)
Администраторы
7.30pm Performers include Sir Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Sir Elton John, Sir Tom Jones, Robbie Williams, Jessie J, Ed Sheerin, JLS. Concert due to end at 10.30pm.
http://www.rwap.co.uk/joomla....temid=1
http://diamondjubilee.hellomagazine.com/queens-....1

PoohДата: Среда, 30.05.2012, 15:52 | Сообщение # 108
Candy)
Администраторы

PoohДата: Среда, 30.05.2012, 19:52 | Сообщение # 109
Candy)
Администраторы
Pop star GARY BARLOW has plucked a group of musicians from a Kenyan slum and flown them to London for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to perform for QUEEN ELIZABETH II.
The Take That singer met the percussionists, who use the name Slum Drummers, during his recent trip around the Commonwealth nations in search of inspiration for his song to mark the monarch's 60th year on the throne next month (Jun12).

He was so impressed with their musicianship he sampled the sound of them performing on the track - and now it's emerged he's taken them to London to perform at the Diamond Jubilee Concert on Monday (04Jun12).

Barlow tells Hello! magazine he met the band during a trip to the Kibera slum, adding, "It's a pretty inhospitable place. Almost one million people live in a slum that measures one square mile, in conditions we just can't imagine.

"Meeting those guys, all of a sudden it clicked with me. I thought, 'This is why I've been asked to do this.' Our lives could not be more different, but you could see that the music transported them to another place... They have never been on an aeroplane (sic) before, and now they're going to be performing at a concert that will be watched by two billion people and meeting the Queen."

Barlow has also arranged for Kenya's African Children's Choir to fly to the U.K. to sing at the concert.

http://www.ok.co.uk/posts....rt-bill

PoohДата: Среда, 30.05.2012, 19:53 | Сообщение # 110
Candy)
Администраторы
God save our gracious Queen / Long live our something Queen / Happy and ... we forget how the rest of it goes. But we hope you stood up as you read it, what with it being Her Majesty's theme tune and everything.

Or perhaps you prefer the new national anthem, penned by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and not-yet-Sir Gary Barlow. Their song Sing (that was a weird phrase to write) is the official Diamond Jubilee single.

That's nice, isn't it?

What's it like? Well it's no What About Us, that's for sure. But it's alright, in a Coca Cola The Musical kind of way.

Gaz doesn't really write bad songs, although Sing suffers from syrupy verses sung by The Military Wives and some people from The Commonwealth he encountered on a global trek.

Name the countries in the Commonwealth now. Go on!

"We don't know what she listens to when she's hoovering biscuit crumbs off the corgis"
To be honest, we were struggling after Australia and Canada and we took lucky guesses at some of the African ones. But we have now learned that there's such a place as Vanuatu, and that it's in the South Pacific. It's our new favourite place we'll never go to. Vanuatu.

Where were we? Ah yes, Gary's song Sing. The important thing is that The Queen likes it. At least, we assume she does. The Queen's never been much of a music critic. We don't even know what she listens to when she's hoovering biscuit crumbs off the corgis. It might be a national secret.

What does strike us as odd is that the Diamond Jubilee needs an official single at all. What has pop music got to do with her 60 years of waving at schoolchildren and wearing hats that cost a million pounds? There wasn't an official single for the Silver Jubilee.

Rex
There was, however, a notorious unofficial commemoration of Liz's 25th year in the big shiny chair.

The Sex Pistols chose to rename a cheery number called No Future and release it as their second single.

The anarchic howl of rage that became God Save The Queen went straight to number one in the UK Top 40, during Jubilee week, causing the downtrodden masses to rise up, overthrow the monarchy and found the republican state we now live in today.

Only that didn't happen. It mainly didn't happen because most of us quite like having a Queen, even if it goes against all our notions of true democracy and fair distribution of wealth.

And it also didn't happen because the music industry tried exceptionally hard to pretend the record didn't exist.

It seems laughable now but the BBC and the Independent Broadcasting Authority stepped in to ban God Save The Queen from the airwaves.

Several major record shops (ask your dad) refused to stock it. And when the official chart was announced, the band were listed as being in the number two slot behind Rod Stewart's I Don't Want To Talk About It - despite sales reports which suggested that Sex Pistols were outselling Rod the Mod by two to one.

God Save The Queen was an exercise in hyperbole. The lyrics describe Elizabeth reigning over a "fascist regime" (she isn't), claiming "she ain't no human being" (she is) and suggesting she's only "our figurehead" because "tourists are money" (they may have a point there). While early advertising posters by artist Jamie Reid depicted the royal lips pierced with a safety pin (not actually the hangable act of treason it's commonly believed to be).

"As campaigns for knighthoods go, Barlow's played a blinder"
So the Pistols said "up yours" to the Queen, and sailed up the Thames playing their loud punk music at the Houses of Parliament and some swans until the rozzers forced them to dock, whereupon the band's mischievous manager Malcolm McLaren was arrested (much to his Situationist delight).

Back in 2012, the musical accompaniment to this royal anniversary will be far better behaved. Once again, the Windsor family are relying on that nice man from Take That to sort out the entertainment, as he hosts a star-studded (i.e. Elton John's doing it) concert outside Buckingham Palace.

As campaigns for knighthoods go, Barlow's played a blinder. That sword will be down on his shoulder before the decade's out. But do any of the Royal Family actually like the music of Jessie J, JLS, or Ed Sheeran? Or will they have to keep looking at the programmes to find out who these people are who keep jumping about on their driveway asking everyone if they're "having a good time"?

PA
When Brian May twiddled the national anthem on top of the palace, for the 2002 Golden Jubilee (my how the time flies), did Mrs Windsor rub her hands with childlike glee and shout, "Amazing! I bloody love Queen. They're named after me!" or did she just think the man had come to fix the satellite dish? We'll probably never know.

But it would be nice to think Her Majesty had chosen her personally preferred pop stars instead of being subjected to a live version of Now That's What I Call Music! 81.

Sadly, for all you anarchists, there doesn't seem to be a dissenting musical voice to put the cat among the ravens this time.

There were murmurings of one of those tedious Facebook groups trying to get the Sex Pistols' God Save The Queen back in the charts, but Johnny Rotten himself declared: "this campaign totally undermines what The Sex Pistols stood for" so hopefully that's quashed that.

And Neil Young - the songwriting, guitar-squalling legend and Commonwealth citizen - has recorded a cover of God Save The Queen on his latest album. On no accounts should you listen to it; it may well be the worst thing in the world.

Meanwhile we imagine Prince Harry and his chums (obliviously dressed in Nazi regalia again) ironically blasting out the original 1977 agit-rock classic while his nan bangs on the Buck House ceiling with an old sceptre and tells him to turn that racket down. Because they do all live together, you know? It's like a rich version of The Waltons.

God save 'em.
http://music.uk.msn.com/talking....0120242

PoohДата: Среда, 30.05.2012, 22:57 | Сообщение # 111
Candy)
Администраторы

PoohДата: Четверг, 31.05.2012, 11:54 | Сообщение # 112
Candy)
Администраторы
The 41-year-old has been quietly scheming the event for two years, pulling together the line-up and recording tribute single Sing for the big day with musicians from across the Commonwealth.

Here he talks about the project, why he’s so proud to be honouring Her Majesty and what she means to him.

It was more than two years ago when I first signed up to help with the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Celebrations.

It’s been a very long road and it’s hard to believe the concert at Buckingham Palace is just days away.

Sometimes nothing happened for two months then lots would suddenly happen in a day. The Queen herself has been very hands-on with the arrangements.

I was doing a show for Children In Need when the request first came in. I was told there were a couple of people in the audience from the Royal Household, private secretaries.

Then they came backstage after the concert and pretty much asked me there and then whether I’d like to get involved.

It was about a week later that I went down to Buckingham Palace to discuss it and it’s been hard keeping the secret for so long.

I knew we had to do something different to the Golden Jubilee concert. So I came up with the idea of doing it outside the palace, to make it more of a people’s concert.

The main stage will be in front of the palace, around the Queen Victoria Memorial. There will be a great view from all down The Mall.

Some people will have seated tickets but anyone can come to London and find somewhere to see it from. There will be space in St James’s Park and Green Park.

We are going to project images on to the palace and I want to try out a few fun things. We might even have a performance on the roof. If you can’t make it to London, it will be live on BBC1 and Radio 2.

We will feature artists from every period of the Queen’s reign. It’s an amazing bill including Paul McCartney, Jessie J, Ed Sheeran, Tom Jones, JLS and lots of surprises.
Sing

There will also be 200 people coming in from all over the Commonwealth to perform on the special track, Sing, which I wrote with Andrew Lloyd Webber to mark the occasion. I travelled around the Commonwealth to record contributions to the single. Many of those people are flying in for the live performance.

The songs starts with a little girl from Kenya, where the Queen’s reign started. The last person to sing is Gurrumul, an Australian Aboriginal who has been blind since birth.

I also managed to get Prince Harry playing tambourine on the track, which the Queen could not believe. She wanted to know all about how it happened. She obviously loves him.

He’s the only royal I could have asked to play. I pulled a tambourine out for him during his visit to Jamaica and he loved it. His arrival there created hysteria, like a boyband. People were lining the street and screaming. I would have Harry in Take That any day.

The single ends with a blast of bagpipes. I’ve never been fond of them but they are one of Her Majesty’s favourite things so we had to include them. She is woken by a piper every morning when she is staying at Balmoral. I recorded our bagpipers in Australia, of all places, they are the Canberra Bagpipe Orchestra. But they had been taught by Scots pipers so the DNA is there.

I remember visiting Buckingham Palace in the Silver Jubilee year of 1977, age six. We also had a garden party at home on the day of the main event. I would never have imagined that 35 years later I’d be performing at the palace. It’s a dream come true.

I first met the Queen in 1995 at Windsor Castle. It was an arts do with about 100 people and I got my 30 seconds. I got the impression she didn’t know who Take That were. But she made me feel relaxed.

As soon as you meet her, you can’t help but be drawn in. I’ve become more of a royalist the older I’ve got. I think the same applies to anyone who’s stood by the road and waved to the royals or met them, no matter how briefly. You feel included and want to be proud of them.

This time round I’ve had three or four meetings about the concert. Sometimes the Queen has been in business mode, wanting to make decisions — the questions have been sharp, direct and considerate, from someone who knows what is going on in every aspect of her life.

But at other meetings I have seen a different side of the Queen when she has been relaxed and friendly.

The day I played her the finished song was lovely. A lot of her days are spent doing formal things. But this was fun. She was interested in the characters playing on the record. I was able to go into a lot of detail, she was very interested.

Prince Charles had told me the way to get the Queen interested was to include the Commonwealth. It is the one thing she is most proud of. She has kept all of these countries as one and protected.

When I realised we could make all these places part of the record I knew we were on to a winner.
Lucky

It was incredible to discover how much love there is for the Queen on the other side of the world. I’d fly for 24 hours then hear people praising her and having the highest respect. We are lucky she is our queen. The Americans would do anything to have their own queen.

We are celebrating an amazing achievement — 60 years of the Queen serving our country.

The most surprising thing I’ve learned was how and when she found out she had become Queen.

I went to the Treetops Hotel in Kenya, where she was staying when news came through about the death of her father. It’s easy to think it was 60 years ago. But it has much more impact on you if you register that she was only 25 when that happened. For such a young person to take on becoming monarch is incredible. But to still be doing the job at 86 is even more remarkable.

Like any family, the royals have had their highs and lows. But I feel like last year kick-started a great new era. We had the gorgeous day of the wedding between William and Kate. The new generation of royals is coming through and they are a good advert wherever they go. The Diamond Jubilee feels like it has flowed on from that, with a lot of goodwill toward the family.

One of the Queen’s greatest qualities is her consistency. If you listen to the speeches she was making years ago they contain the same messages. Her beliefs have stayed the same for the whole time she has been on the throne. She talks about unity and love for one another. She sets the benchmark for anyone in the public eye.

She is always concerned that people should not make too much effort for her. Obviously, that never really works because we all do. But it is admirable that she sees it that way. That shows a humble side to her which has not changed.

It’s important to remember she is top of her family as well as top of her country. That is a huge responsibility in its own right and she has done a great job.

Throughout her life she has had to spend months away from her family. But she is a great example of a parent who has managed to juggle work and family life and make it work. We all struggle with that and can relate to that.

We should also admire her marriage to the Duke of Edinburgh. You respect people who have been together ten or 20 years, let alone 65.

The only sad thing about being involved in the Diamond Jubilee Concert is that I’ll never do anything as big again.

But I’m tremendously proud of being involved and will be proud to have done my bit over the weekend. I hope everyone can enjoy it as much as me.

Gary Barlow: On Her Majesty’s Service – a documentary about the making of Jubilee single Sing – is on BBC1 this Sunday from 7.30pm
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol....ow.html

PoohДата: Четверг, 31.05.2012, 11:59 | Сообщение # 113
Candy)
Администраторы
Gary Barlow wants Prince Harry to join him on stage to 'shake his stuff'
The stage is set for Prince Harry to make his concert debut in front of millions with one tap of the tambourine – if Gary Barlow has his way.
Gary Barlow Unlikely musical pairing: Prince Harry and Gary Barlow (Picture: Getty Images)

The royal recorded one ‘jangle’ for the diamond jubilee song and now Barlow wants the world to see his percussion prowess at his blockbuster Buckingham Palace show.

‘He was very good on it,’ said Barlow, who wrote the anthem Sing.
The pair met in Jamaica where Prince Harry was filmed recording his contribution to the song as part of Barlow’s documentary – On Her Majesty’s Service,

The number will be performed by the Take That star, Gareth Malone’s Military Wives and The Commonwealth Band at Monday’s concert. Barlow described the duty of organising the Queen’s entertainment as ‘definitely the biggest thing I’ve ever done’.

However, at 41, the evolving national treasure is not ready for a knighthood just yet.

‘I’m too young, it’s far too early for that. There’s far too much to do before it happens,’ he said.

Instead he showered praise on his one-time foe, Robbie Williams, after inviting the 38-year-old to perform alongside Sir Cliff Richard, Sir Paul McCartney and Sir Elton John.

‘What we’ve tried to do with the diamond jubilee is try to represent every decade of the Queen’s reign and certainly for Rob, the ‘90s and early noughties, they were his massive years. He’s got as much right to be up there as McCartney and Elton John,’ he said.

As for the concert, Barlow said: ‘I purposefully drove by Buckingham Palace on the way home to see if they’d started building the stage. I couldn’t believe the size of it. At that point I thought, “Wow, this is an enormous gig”.’

On Her Majesty’s Service airs on Sunday at 7.30pm on BBC1.
http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz....s-stuff

PoohДата: Четверг, 31.05.2012, 12:31 | Сообщение # 114
Candy)
Администраторы
MESSING about under a mop of blonde hair, Gary Barlow had a ball at his street’s Silver Jubilee party.

And no wonder – all the six-year-old had to worry about was how many sausage rolls he could get his paws on.

Fast-forward 35 years to this weekend’s Diamond Jubilee, and the boy seen in these exclusive pictures has rather more on his plate.

Take That star Gary, 41, has one of the biggest Jubilee jobs going – masterminding the all-star concert on Monday, which will be watched by millions on TV.

Gary has to co-ordinate a stellar line-up including Sir Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Sir Elton John and Kylie.

He’s certainly come a long way since 1977, when the street where he grew up in Cheshire all piled into his garden for a good old knees-up.

Gary recalls: “We had a big street party in our back garden and everybody came.

"There were lots of sandwiches and sausage rolls. There were people there I never even knew lived down our street.

“Everyone invited everybody. It brought everyone together.

Gary Barlow, celebrating Queen's Silver Jubilee, 1977 Joy: Gary in 1977 showing he was born to be performer

"I also remember watching the events on TV and all the mums and dads crowded round getting all emotional.

“It was a massive day and I hope the country comes out in force in the same way for this Diamond Jubilee.

"It feels like the country is really getting behind it.”

When the concert was first proposed in 2010, it was Gary’s idea to stage it outside Buckingham Palace.

He reveals: “It’s nearly two years now since I first got asked about it and I went for this big meeting at Buckingham Palace.

“It was a massive opportunity but I didn’t just want to take the job on without thinking I could really bring something to it.

“At that first meeting I looked out of the window at the front of the Palace and I could see the Victoria Memorial.

Gary Barlow, celebrating Queen's Silver Jubilee, 1977 Cheeky: Gary at the party in 1977
Dawbell PR

“I just thought, ‘That is where the stage has got to be’. I loved the Golden Jubilee concert in 2002, but it did feel for me like the gates were closed and no one could get in without an invite.

"I wanted this to feel like the People’s Concert – so that anyone who wanted to could just get on a train to London and turn up and watch the gig.

“This space gives a good 300,000 to 400,000 people the chance to see this live with their own two eyes.

“That was the first big turning point. It took about five months to get permission because we had to go to the council and the police first.

“The Queen couldn’t just approve it as the memorial is on a public road.

“We actually never dreamed we would get it but after months of wrangling they said yes and then we just had to make sure the Queen liked it. And she did.

“Buckingham Palace is a forward-thinking house.

"They don’t want things to stay the same, they don’t want to be repeating things, they like new ideas and they are really looking forward to this.

Gary Barlow, celebrating Queen's Silver Jubilee, 1977 Fun: Larking about outside
Dawbell PR

“However, my celebrations will only start after the concert is over. I’ve got a big job to do.”

Gary was asked to find music to represent all the decades of the Queen’s reign, which means Sir Cliff Richard rubbing shoulders with Dame Shirley Bassey and JLS.

Gary wants to keep most of the details a secret until the day, but does reveal he has a “special duet” planned with another global star.

He says: “On the day we will all be nervous – it’s a three-hour live show on BBC1 with no adverts if you need to fix something. It has to be quite smooth.

“We are rehearsing off-site at the moment, but when we transfer into the real arena, things will change.

“There will be a nightmare side to this gig in terms of logistics – but you won’t see any of that.”

One potential headache has already been resolved.

Sir Elton was treated for a serious respiratory condition in the US last week, sparking fears he might have to pull out of Monday’s concert.

But according to friends he has told delighted Gary he’ll definitely perform.

Paul McCartney performs in concert at Yankee Stadium in New York Special guest: Macca will headline the show
AP

Gary says: “The end of the gig is particularly full-on because we go act into act.

“We go from Kylie to Stevie Wonder to Elton John and then Paul McCartney.

"They are four massive sets. They all have their own bands, they all have a different look.

"If we can get to McCartney and nothing has gone wrong, then we will all be jumping up and down.

"It will be dark by then, peak time, the climax to the show and you want that part to really blow people away.”

As well as organising the concert, Gary co-wrote the official Diamond Jubilee song with Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Entitled Sing, it was made with children and orchestras from all areas of the Commonwealth. Gary even had to go to the Palace to play the song to Her Majesty – and thankfully it got the thumbs-up.

He says: “At no point did I ask her, ‘Did you like it?’ because I could tell she was really interested in the stories of all the people who were performing on it.

“And part of my job was to tell Her Majesty about all those different people from different walks of life who I met along the way.

“She was clearly very touched to see the time and effort people had put into this for her and we were thrilled that she enjoyed it so much. It was lovely.

“That’s the thing that amazes me about the Queen – despite it being her Diamond Jubilee the last thing she wants is for anyone to put themselves out for her.”

An emotional BBC1 drama on Sunday night will show the lengths Gary went to in order to record a real cross-section of people from all different backgrounds.

He was so touched by some of the deprived kids – including some from Kenyan slums – that they will now be treated to a trip of a lifetime this weekend.

Gary Barlow performs at a concert in support of The Prince's Trust and The Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry at the Royal Albert Hall Duet: Gary will sing with a secret special guest
Getty

“I’ve never done anything like this before,” he says.

“And I have been on hundreds of records. There was an incredible amount of recording for three minutes of music. It really was motivating and brings out a new side in you.

“Somehow we got a flavour of everything in the record.

“Now we are bringing some of the people over – the slum drummers and the African child choir are going to meet the Queen and Paul McCartney and Elton John.

"They have never been on a plane before. It is going to be incredible.

“We have changed some people’s lives doing this, which is gorgeous.”

And with that, Gary is back to thinking about the concert and anxiously looking up to the heavens – and the one thing he can’t control.

He says: “At the moment the weather is smiling on us too. It looks like it’s going to be a scorcher.

“Of course we always find some reason to moan and people are now talking about everyone getting sunburn. Just get the factor 50 on.

“If we get a hot, sunny day and an event like this, well, what a fantastic advertisement for our country.”

3 The documentary On Her Majesty’s Service will be shown on BBC1 on Sunday, at 7.30pm. The official Diamond Jubilee song Sing is out now and will be performed live at the Diamond Jubilee Concert on Monday.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am....-854827

PoohДата: Четверг, 31.05.2012, 13:38 | Сообщение # 115
Candy)
Администраторы
GARY Barlow is truly pop royalty, so it’s only right that the Take That star has been put in charge of the Queen’s Diamond Jub­ilee concert and the official track, Sing.

And he didn’t do it sitting in a studio. Gary travelled the world to find out what Her Majesty means to the people of the Commonwealth.

He even bumped into Prince Harry on his travels, and persuaded him to be on the track – he refused to sing but agreed to bash a tambourine.

Gary met tribes in Africa, rode a canoe through the Solomon Islands, hung out in Australia’s Blue Mountains, visited a Rastafarian village in Jamaica and, back home, dropped in at the legendary Abbey Road studios to meet the Military Wives.

Now he’s ready for his next chall­enge – creating a Jubilee concert worthy of the Commonwealth.

Despite hundreds of sold-out gigs in front of adoring fans, Gary, 41, tells me: “This is the biggest thing I’ve ever done – and will ever do.”

When it comes to entertaining the nation, there are few hands safer than those of the man whose hits include Greatest Day and Patience.

While the finishing touches are made to the stage at Buckingham Palace, Gary will spend his entire Monday making sure everything is in order.

He explains: “I’ll be doing radio interviews to remind people the show is going to be on TV, then I will have my rehearsals – look out for my duet. I’ll be at the palace all day. I’ll be on The One Show, then we go live on TV with the gig.

“It’s been sold to 50-odd countries so we’re going to be on a world stage.”

Adhering to royal protocol has been easy, Gary assures me. “It’s not shoved down your throat,” he says. “You nod your head out of respect, and they’ve really trusted us and left us to get on with it. It’s been a dream. I’m much more nervous than for any Take That show as when we do ours we rehearse for months before.

“There’s 24 acts, and no adverts. It’s going to be a great experience.”

With a line-up which includes Sir Elton John, Sir Paul McCartney, Dame Shirley Bassey, JLS and his old mucker Robbie Williams, it’s a must-see show.

“I can’t wait for Elton and Stevie Wonder,” confides Gary. “I’m going to be watching from a monitor on the side of the stage. We’ve got some projections for the front of the palace when it gets dark. And the mom­ent everyone gets the flags out will be goose-bumpy.”

Even Barlow Towers is getting a royal makeover. Gary confirms: “We’ve bought the bunting. Unfortunately my kids can’t come to the concert but they’ll be at the rehearsal and will be watching from home on the day.”

With his fourth child due this year, I wonder if Gary and wife Dawn are considering any royal names.

He chuckles: “I hadn’t thought of that. We’ve been a bit slow on names this time. I love Elizabeth but that’s our daughter Emily’s middle name so we’ve already used that one.”

Gary learned more about our royal family making On Her Majesty’s Service, a documentary of his travels finding Commonwealth musicians to contribute to Sing.

“I’ve become more of a monarchist now I’m getting older,” he reveals. “Our history speaks for itself.”

As well as the serious task of making a record, Gary had lots of fun as he recorded artists for Sing, which he co-wrote with Lord Lloyd-Webber. “When we were in the Solomon Islands they said they’d make a banquet for us arriving as it took half a day to travel there,” he recalls.

“They killed a pig in the morning, stuck it on a fire, then buried it in the ground. I had a coconut for my drink, fresh papaya and melon for my starter and that pork was the best meal I’ve ever had.

“They also gave me a necklace which meant I could take any woman and marry her. I didn’t tell Dawn about that...”

It’s Gary’s down-to-earth northern charm which makes watching his journey so enjoyable. But he’s not a keen traveller.

“I’m the complete Idiot Abroad,” he laughs when I ask if he identifies with reluctant globe trotter Karl Pilkington. “I love living in the UK and having the familiarity. I like countries which are like Britain – for example Australia.”

While Karl always needs a supply of pickled onion Monster Munch, for Cheshire-born Gary it’s all about a good cuppa. “I had to take my Yorkshire teabags with me, my electric toothbrush and my vitamins.”

Come the Jubilee there will be only one thing on Gary’s mind – and it’s not food. “I’m so proud to be involved in this project and just want to put a smile on everyone’s face,” he says.

Job done, mate.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/254127?123

PoohДата: Четверг, 31.05.2012, 15:52 | Сообщение # 116
Candy)
Администраторы
Гари будет петь с дуэтом со специальным гостем имя которого он пока не называет - многие полагают что это Шерил Коул!
http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip....35.html

Better_ManДата: Четверг, 31.05.2012, 16:01 | Сообщение # 117
Админ RW-FS Russia
VIP Житель вселенной ТТ
Награды: 47
Был бы специальный гость )))

Шерил Кроу б если - вот это другое дело

PoohДата: Четверг, 31.05.2012, 16:04 | Сообщение # 118
Candy)
Администраторы
Quote (Better_Man)

Шерил Кроу б если - вот это другое дело

Абсолютно с тобой согласна! Но скорее всего Коул и будет потому что Гари на это у себя в твиттере намекал как-то !
Мне она совершенно параллельна!

PoohДата: Четверг, 31.05.2012, 16:05 | Сообщение # 119
Candy)
Администраторы
Но тут есть и плюсы - Роб будет петь один biggrin Я теперь почти уверена!

PoohДата: Четверг, 31.05.2012, 17:37 | Сообщение # 120
Candy)
Администраторы
http://www.thejc.com/news....ng-trip

PoohДата: Четверг, 31.05.2012, 22:19 | Сообщение # 121
Candy)
Администраторы

PoohДата: Пятница, 01.06.2012, 01:25 | Сообщение # 122
Candy)
Администраторы

PoohДата: Пятница, 01.06.2012, 01:28 | Сообщение # 123
Candy)
Администраторы
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01jmp4w

PoohДата: Пятница, 01.06.2012, 11:42 | Сообщение # 124
Candy)
Администраторы
Как то так
Diamond Jubilee Concert rumour #1: Gary is going to do a duet with Cheryl Cole with the song 'Need You Now'

PoohДата: Пятница, 01.06.2012, 12:15 | Сообщение # 125
Candy)
Администраторы
Ещё статья про грядущий концерт
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news....newsxml

Форум Take That & Robbie » Сольные карьеры » Forever love » Юбилей королевы английской - 4 июня 2012 (Организатор торжества - Гари Барлоу)
Поиск: